Windows 10: WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER

Discus and support WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my tip to Shutdown WinDefender forever is use GPEDIT.MSC and filter by DEFENDER and DISABLE all references its ready! WinDefender go away my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by emailx45, Nov 28, 2017.

1. emailx45 Win User

WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER

my tip to Shutdown WinDefender forever is

use GPEDIT.MSC and filter by DEFENDER and DISABLE all references its ready!

WinDefender go away my Windows

Now I can install any Antivirus and uninstall it and WinDefender always in shutdown.

Use Administrator use to change you GroupPolice GpEdit.msc

:)

emailx45, Nov 28, 2017

2. Why did i have to use another companies antivirus to detect a virus on my windows 10 pc?

my computer started acting sluggish, knew right away needed a scan, opened Windows Defender, unleashed the awesome, and waited. nothing detected, cool, good to go. open Explorer, go to facebook, not even logged in, bam, windows froze. open foxfire, go to
    A*G, download and run virus scan, and I have a Trojan. Please Microsoft help me stay a windows software junkie (wisojunkie), else I'll have to take a bite of the forbidden fruit (la pomme) . much rather have a peach, Georgia style. yes, I update my windefender
    every time I scan, which is frequently, ty windosoft, holding on to hope your team is better, smarter, and by gollie more determined to help your fans, than the bad guys are at pissing us off.

So why didn't windefender catch the big wooden horse?

Disc Uscted, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer - Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files.

For everyone's information. I have just tested it and the problem appears to have gone away now. I have just checked it on a folder of 200 files. I have selected one about 2/3rds of the way down and the file explorer window has stayed stable for 5 minutes.
    I have Windows 10 1709 on a Dell

Inpspiron 17-7779 with a Solid State disk. I have Windows update 2018-1 & 2018-2 (KB4056887/92) installed.

Lets hope it has gone away forever,

David

David Beare, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

My Win10 Home Version 1709 Build 16299.64 says it can't find GPEDIT.MSC.

Further investigation shows the "whole story" hasn't been told. GPEDIT.MSC is, by default, not enabled on the Home/Core version but there is a way to fix that.

Berton, Nov 29, 2017
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Group policy editor is only available for PRO versions of Windows. Usually when you install a third-party antivirus WD will deactivate itself, although there are some options to have it work in tandem to make periodic scans if you please.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WinDefender Windows 1709 go away FOREVER - Similar Threads - WinDefender 1709 away

2. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana in windows is going away soon....: End of support for Cortana in Windows - Microsoft SupportI love windows 10/11 Cortana. I have used it frequently since the first retail release of windows 10 1511?. I use it quite frequently. I prefer it over having to dig out my phone or tablet and consulting google...
  3. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Cortana
    Cortana in windows is going away soon....: End of support for Cortana in Windows - Microsoft SupportI love windows 10/11 Cortana. I have used it frequently since the first retail release of windows 10 1511?. I use it quite frequently. I prefer it over having to dig out my phone or tablet and consulting google...
  4. Cortana in windows is going away soon....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. watermark not going away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    watermark not going away: after the last update i keep getting the activate windows water mark and this is a payed version. how do i get rid of this?when i restart the pc it goes away for a while then it come back...
  6. Taskbar not going away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not going away: So my taskbar keeps getting in the way of stuff I'm doing so I tried to remove it. However, disable taskbar in tablet and desktop mode are both on, yet my taskbar is still there. Even when I'm idle and haven't touched the laptop in hours, the taskbar still stays there...
  7. Activate Windows won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Activate Windows won't go away: So,today i tried every method from Regedit to Softwares to remove the "Activate Windows" thing on the bottom right of the monitor but everytime i restart my pc it's still there and i don't know what to do... submitted by /u/SgtPootler [link] [comments]...
  8. Activate Windows watermark will not go away

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows watermark will not go away: My computer was purchased new in November 2019 and it came with Windows 10 installed. For the last 9 months or so I have been trying to make the Activate Windows watermark go away for good. I've tried the Troubleshooter, modifying registry, deleting my product key then...
  9. keep windows 10 - 1709 Forever?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keep windows 10 - 1709 Forever?: I notice that the 1709 Windows 10 build seem to run more smoothly on my computer compare to 1809 since is a train of bugs so I'm wondering if I can keep 1709 Forever ? yes or no answer is fine you don't have to post a romance novel thanks...
  10. going back on 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    going back on 1709: hi , since the 1803 been in use , i've got problems : - screen fixed and PC frozen (must cut power and restart) - erratic close and restart (and sometimes doesnt complete start) - sometimes , on start , mouse not working (wireless on usb) i am thinking to go back to my...