Windows 10: Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it.

Discus and support Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello can you help me my windows 10 are crashing just like in this video. I tried to watch videos in youtube and find the answer, but non of them get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcius, Jul 3, 2016.

1. marcius Win User

Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it.

Hello can you help me my windows 10 are crashing just like in this video. I tried to watch videos in youtube and find the answer, but non of them get the problem fix.

:)

marcius, Jul 3, 2016

2. Windows Explorer Crashes every time I open it

If you recently installed kb4041676, it might be the culprit.

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced Options

Click Startup settings

Click Restart

Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode

Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

Press Windows key + R

Type: appwiz.cpl

Hit Enter

Click View installed updates

Select the recent update

(This is the update you want to uninstall kb4041676)

Right click it then click uninstall.

Try uninstalling the update to see if it restores functionality.

While you are in Safe Mode, press Windows key + X

Click Event Viewer

Expand Windows Logs

Click System

Click the most recent red exclamation to see what it say

Reply here with the contents.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it.

1. Windos 10 file explorer crashes every time trying to open it. - Similar Threads - Windos file explorer

2. Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.: I recently received an email from a user, saying that every morning when she turns on her pc there will be several tabs of file explorer open. I've never seen an issue like this before and would like to help her out....
  3. File explorer crashes just after opening.

File explorer crashes just after opening.: I have cleared the history, unticked the boxes as recommended but it still crashes. what is the next fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-just-after-opening/3d007e10-8d2e-4ead-aca7-2f86ee0e4814"
  4. File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen: I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been suffering a weird problem: everytime I do something using full screen mode (watching a youtube video, hitting F11, playing a game,...
  5. File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening: Totally frustrated. I am a SW developer for the last 20 years... And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged. Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not. This is totally unbelievable. I even don't feel...
  6. Windoes explorer

Windoes explorer: I am using windows 10 64bit. When I use windows explorer and rename or move a file inside a folder, after execution it will jump to the top of the folder instead of staying on the file. Also is I save a file somewhere, when I go to save another file in the same place, it...
  7. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...

Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it , Windows File Explorer...: Hi. Every time I try to open a picture by right clicking on it, Windows File Explorer crashes/not responds This happens, only when the picture is inside a Folder. My PC runs Windows 10 with the latest updates. Any suggestion/help would be much appreciated. Thanks in...
  8. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  9. File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crashing when trying to rename folders: First off. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum *Redface So I have had Windows 10 for a couple of months now, and have never had any issues up until now. Whenever I try to rename a folder/ add new folder file explorer freezes as soon as i touch the keyboard. I've...
  10. Explorer.exe crashes every 2-3 times a file is opened from folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe crashes every 2-3 times a file is opened from folder: So my laptop is running Windows 10 Home Insider Preview, build 10565, updated from its native Windows 8.1 OS via the free upgrade several months ago. About two weeks ago, I got an update for Windows which I'm assuming was the update to build 10565. Aside from the myriad of...