Windows 10: Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.

Discus and support Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey Guys! I didn't know who to turn to and you guys seem to know alot about Windows 10 so far and might be able to help me. I have been using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Batman, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Batman Win User

Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.

Hey Guys!

I didn't know who to turn to and you guys seem to know alot about Windows 10 so far and might be able to help me. I have been using WIndows 10 since they released it and one issue has been plaguing me since then. Whenever I leave my computer and come back after some time i will notice apps are opened sitting in my taskbar. The main apps that do it are Photo and Calendar.

I don't use those apps for either photo or calendar things and I am not even signed into Windows 10 with a MS account.

But every hour or so, these apps open up and hang out in my taskbar. I have even removed them from default apps and uninstalled what I could but no luck.

Any ideas.

:)

Batman, Aug 3, 2015

2. Apps opening own their own

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Do you have the apps pinned to the taskbar?

For now, you may run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 3, 2015
  3. DanBTx Win User
    Apps opening own their own

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I keep having apps open own their own. The Windows store, photos, phone app etc. It seems like it is always these apps and they are minimized. The only way I know they are open is they show up down on the task bar. I close
    them and then they open again.

They do this even when I am not on my computer. Last night I went to bed and when I got up this morning they were all open.

This is really annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DanBTx, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.

I have the same issue... but so far only with the Photos app. I'll look down and notice it in the taskbar, then I open it, but there's never any image loaded, and I don't recall clicking/evoking anything that would make the system think I wanted to view an image.

Also of note (?), this only happens on my secondary monitor (I run the latest version of DisplayFusionPro).

Lastly, can I confirm... no such thing as right-clicking an image and selecting Preview anymore? Is the Photos app - or an equivalent - the new norm?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Elija Snow, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Batman Win User
    I ended up removing the unwanted apps or apps causing issues
    used this guide here - https://thomas.vanhoutte.be/miniblog...ndows-10-apps/

Batman, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Elija Snow, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Rabid Win User
    Made an account to reply when I saw your post, same here, also have Display Fusion, second monitor taskbar is where the icons pop up (Store, Mail and Calendar for me.) So might be related to DF? I'm going to post on their Steam forums and ask about it. If I get any info, I'll try and comeback to post it.

And yes I have noticed an absent of a preview option in the right click menu. Seems you have to use "Open with" and select 'Windows Photo Viewer' to get the same result as 'preview'

Microsoft should really allow a core installation of the OS, minus all apps when installing, seems pointless to have a 'custom' option when you end up with a bunch of rubbish like an express install.
    If I want apps, I know how to get and install them thanks MS.
    It's pretty much the same as programs you buy that then try and stick you with awful toolbars or other junk you never asked for or wanted.
    I mean I noticed you ask cortana to play music and it loads what I thought was the new version of media player, yet if I double click a song in it's folder and the old style media player loads......

I mean how many photo apps, and music players etc, do they think people want on a single OS? Why would I want two default programs that do essentially the same thing?

And having to use powershell to uninstall apps....... seriously?

I liked Windows 10, but now the novelty has worn off the problems with it are becoming painfully apparent.
    Makes me wonder what all these beta testers were doing during the preview.....

One problem, if you read the comment section apparently this does not uninstall the programs and remove their files from the pc, it only hides/disables them for the current user. If you log in with another user the apps will reappear.

Rabid, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Batman Win User

Strange enough I have Display Fusion aswell, that got me thinkin.

as for the app needing powershell to be removed/disabled, that was like that in some of them in the preview for 10. It's like those carrier apps when you get a cell phone lol. Just part of the OS, it's silly lol

And even if it disables the app instead of removes, that' fine... the issue has not happened since.

Batman, Aug 5, 2015
  9. I found this thread because I was having the same problem. It is related to Windows and Display Fusion, but DF has a fix. It's in beta right now, so it might be a little buggy, but you can get it at this link.

roguemouser, Aug 10, 2015
  10. Zidds Win User
    Also experiencing the same issue with DisplayFusion installed. Will try the beta. Thanks for the info.

Zidds, Aug 26, 2015
  11. snajix Win User
    Hmmm..... *Confused*Confused*Confused

I am having the same issue with multiple monitors, but I don't have DisplayFusion as far as I am aware. Not something I have consciously installed, and I don't think I can see anything from DP in Task Manager.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
    S

snajix, Feb 14, 2016
  12. snajix Win User
    I guess no one else has this issue then???

snajix, Feb 23, 2016
  13. IT Hertz Win User

I do. I have never had DisplayFusion and I'm using a single monitor and this issue is driving me bonkers.

It seems to hold certain apps that were opened in recent history in a TSR type mode, and it keeps opening them over and over. Actually, what I think is happening is that they were never truly/fully closed to begin with -- there's likely some process that isn't readily recognizable for us to manually close ourselves, so it sits there waiting for the OS to wake it up and when it does.. bam, its parent app reappears in Task Manager.

It doesn't seem to matter how much registry cleaning, rebooting or shutting down of every process imaginable, they keep coming back to life! It's so annoying to see and it's consuming resources unnecessarily! *Mad

I wonder whether there's some kind of hidden, scheduled task that W10 is running which keeps apps' associated process(es) active for a given period of time since the app was last run.

IT Hertz, Aug 12, 2016
  14. cfourkays Win User
    A lot of us had this problem.
    MS admitted problem in last insider build:

Known issues for PC
    Apps such as Store, Photos, and People may launch on their own after your PC has been inactive for a period of time. To stop these apps from launching on their own, un-maximize the app before closing it.

cfourkays, Nov 21, 2016
  15. I'm having the same problem but its the settings app that opens

itisibigj39, Nov 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own. - Similar Threads - Window Apps Keep

2. Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own: I've done everything and many things as provided in other message or questions for solutions to my apps minimizing on their own and having to reload my sound card driver. I cant find what the problems is, and I am pretty advance as compare to no-technical people.I even backed...
  3. Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Keep Minimizing on thier own: I've done everything and many things as provided in other message or questions for solutions to my apps minimizing on their own and having to reload my sound card driver. I cant find what the problems is, and I am pretty advance as compare to no-technical people.I even backed...
  4. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  5. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  6. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own: ''this pc'' keeps opening on its own very often and even more when i plug in the charger, the worst part is that it stacks up on like 5-6 times and it's annoying submitted by /u/K1ryu-Ch4n [link] [comments]...
  8. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own EVENT LOG https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoPcPRkZOqtggTqmVj_Cm58_MJT?e=vQIeBO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-mail-app-keeps-opening-on-its-own/9c8a58e4-9d2a-47e6-9b9e-a8a87ecac000
  9. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: Default mail app keeps opening on its own The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app...
  10. Default mail app keeps opening on its own

Default mail app keeps opening on its own: The default mail app keeps opening on its randomly and minimises whatever is on the screen. It happens when the app not running in the background too. I have disabled all start up apps and it still occurs. I removed the mail app with windows powershell and now chrome opens...