Windows 10: Window 10 audio services not responding

Discus and support Window 10 audio services not responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason my sound is not working from my laptop speakers or my bluetooth headphones and I tried everything I found on Google and a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017.

1. thenerdal Win User

Window 10 audio services not responding

For some reason my sound is not working from my laptop speakers or my bluetooth headphones and I tried everything I found on Google and a system restore but it did not fix it. Can anyone help?

:)

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  2. Romel Ram Win User
    Romel Ram, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Audio Services not responding Win 10

To further assist you with this issue, kindly verify which Windows 10 version is currently installed on your computer.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jul 25, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  5. thenerdal Win User
    HP Pavilion 15.6" Notebook i5 2.3GHz 8GB 1TB Windows 10 (15-au062nr)

Edit: Tried both those things already beforehand.

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    For HP computer you must make sure the CODEC is installed.

Open HP.com then software and drivers:
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Enter you computer's serial or product number.
    Then select the operating system.
    Then view available drivers.

Look for IDT High definition audio CODEC

If it is listed as a HP approved driver download and install it.

If you do not see the driver listed change the operating system to either windows 7 or 8.1 to see if there is a HP approved IDT high definition CODEC for your computer. If you see it listed then download and install it.

If the CODEC fixes your audio problem then the work is completed.
    If the CODEC is not listed as a driver for your computer or a fresh download did not fix the problem then more troubleshooting is needed.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  7. thenerdal Win User
    I can't find that driver and I can't change my OS to anything but Windows 10.

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

1) Open device manager
    2) Expand each:
    a) sound, video, and game controllers
    b) audio inputs and outputs

For each row right click then properties > driver > driver details > for each item that has a HP driver download a new copy from the HP website

On the HP website download and install: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

Window 10 audio services not responding [​IMG]
    6.4.0.0 Rev.A 33.3 MB May 12, 2017
    Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 or F10 key and navigate in the bios to the UEFI diagnostics.
    In the evening click extensive or loop until failure. The loop until failure will continue repeating the extensive test.
    If there is a failure the testing will stop and there will be a posted error code.
    If in the morning the test is still running that is good as there was no failure.
    Press the keyboard escape key to end the testing.
    Confirm the test results in the UEFI logs for pass.
    Then return to the UEFI diagnostics and run the component tests. The component test for audio is interactive.
    Confirm that you can or cannot hear audio by running the tests within the bios.
    Report the results into the thread.

Pending the above results there are additional troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  9. thenerdal Win User
    Can confirm that the audio works doing the component test but I can't do a full system test because it detects that my battery is bad, which it is, and doesn't go further than that.

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    If it is a removable battery please remove it and complete the tests only using the power cord.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  11. thenerdal Win User
    Can not remove the battery.

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    type control in the left lower corner search > click on control panel > click on large or small icons > click on troubleshooting > on the left pane click on view all > run the following windows troubleshooters:

1) Hardware and Devices

2) Video Playback

3) Playing Audio > open audio enhancements > play test sounds > advanced > change sample rate > test multiple sample rates

4) Recording Audio

For each troubleshooter make sure that advanced is clicked to apply repairs automatically.
    For each troubleshooter click on view detailed information.
    Report any problems using images that were fixed or not fixed.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  13. thenerdal Win User

Window 10 audio services not responding [​IMG]

I get this for Playing Audio, and the first one for Recording Audio

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    Usually in the bottom left there is an option to view detailed information.
    Click on detailed information and post an image into the thread.

zbook, Jul 25, 2017
  15. thenerdal Win User
    That is the detailed information above.

thenerdal, Jul 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Window 10 audio services not responding - Similar Threads - Window audio services

2. audio services not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio services not responding: hi, my windows 10 audio is not work and i dont know why, it keeps on say audio services not reponding and i tried multiple methods on fixing it, including restarting my audio services multiple times...
  3. Audio service not responding, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio service not responding, Windows 10: This AM, I turned on my computer and noticed a red X next to my Speaker icon. Checked it, it said my audio system wasn't working. Yet, when I tested it with a YouTube video and music I have on my computer, sound worked fine. So, I foolishly, it turns out went ahead to...
  4. "Audio Service Not Responding" Windows 10

"Audio Service Not Responding" Windows 10: I recently accidentally uninstalled Realtek HD Audio Manager after reinstalling I found that my audio had stopped working completely with the troubleshoot coming up with "Audio Service Not Responding". I have tried: uninstalling and reinstalling realtek multiple times v2.81...
  5. Audio services not responding

Audio services not responding: Hi, I am having trouble with the speakers on my Lenovo ideapad Slim 3, the speakers and microphones do not work. When I troubleshoot it, the devices is RealtekR Audio, it says that "audio services is not responding" and then it says "turn off sound effects and enhancements"...
  6. Audio services not responding: Windows 10

Audio services not responding: Windows 10: I have a HP Pavillion and periodically it would freeze and play a buzzing noise while I was using the device. I went to the internet and tried all of the solutions they had blindly, this resulted in my services being messed up and etc. I fixed everything, however my audio is...
  7. Audio Services not responding

Audio Services not responding: Dear All, I have an HP laptop, Windows 10 and until relatively recently had no problems with it at all, particularly sound, ie speaker and microphone. Headset plugs into jack port on front right. Now it is a disaster. 90% of the time I get no audio service. No...
  8. Audio Service Not Responding

Audio Service Not Responding: Hi recently the audio in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, completely stopped working. The troubleshooting has told me the audio service isn't responding. So I opened the services app and it was stopped. When I started the audio services however the audio still didn't work....
  9. Audio service not responding, Windows 10

Audio service not responding, Windows 10: I've tried all the fixes i found on the internet and none of them worked i have had this problem for 3 months now. The problem isn't that i cant hear audio the problem is my mic is not working...
  10. audio service not responding (Windows 10)

audio service not responding (Windows 10): audio service not responding . cant resolve it. can somebody help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/audio-service-not-responding-windows-10/85f6fbd8-b995-45e4-9fda-630e6e127954

Users found this page by searching for:

1. evoo laptop speakers not working tried everything