Windows 10: Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

Discus and support Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So here's how it all went down... This morning when I open the device manager, I saw that the display adapter, Intel HD Graphics 4000 had a yellow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by GideonCahill, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

So here's how it all went down...
    This morning when I open the device manager, I saw that the display adapter, Intel HD Graphics 4000 had a yellow exclamation mark on it. When I clicked it, it saids Window had stopped the device from working(code 43). I fixed this problem yesterday with no trouble. I knew the cause of it because I was installing third party themes and somehow the display adapter got the yellow exclamation point.

But this morning was different, I decided to restart my computer when I see the yellow exclamation point thinking it would go away. Oh, I was so wrong. When I restarted, the computer boots up with "Lenovo" and the loading symbol. Then a black screen appears for about a minute then the mouse appears. After a few minutes, a grey screen started flickering everyone 3 seconds or so. When I try to move the mouse, it moves and went back to the center every time the grey screen flickers. I'm fairly positive that this is only the display adapter problems and every other hardwares are working fine and their drivers are up to date. I've search the internet but no problems was like mine, only black screen. The closest I found was graphic card getting uninstalled accidentally.

I've tried going to safe mode with F8 but Window 10 is a nutjob and I can't get anywhere. All there is on the monitor is black screen, then grey flickers. I tried my best to stay calm when fixing the problems, but I'm slowly going to panic mode.

Thanks.

:)

GideonCahill, Jul 26, 2016

2. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your efforts towards resolving it. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

So here's how it all went down...

This morning when I open the device manager, I saw that the display adapter, Intel HD Graphics 4000 had a yellow exclamation mark on it. When I clicked it, it saids Window had stopped the device from working(code 43). I fixed this problem yesterday with no
    trouble. I knew the cause of it because I was installing third party themes and somehow the display adapter got the yellow exclamation point.

But this morning was different, I decided to restart my computer when I see the yellow exclamation point thinking it would go away. Oh, I was so wrong. When I restarted, the computer boots up with "Lenovo" and the loading symbol. Then a black screen appears
    for about a minute then the mouse appears. After a few minutes, a grey screen started flickering everyone 3 seconds or so. When I try to move the mouse, it moves and went back to the center every time the grey screen flickers. I'm fairly positive that this
    is only the display adapter problems and every other hardwares are working fine and their drivers are up to date. I've search the internet but no problems was like mine, only black screen. The closest I found was graphic card getting uninstalled accidentally.

I've tried going to safe mode with F8 but Window 10 is a nutjob and I can't get anywhere. All there is on the monitor is black screen, then grey flickers. I tried my best to stay calm when fixing the problems, but I'm slowly going to panic mode.

Thanks.

GideonCahill, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup.

1. Window 10 - Black Screen with Grey Flickering at startup. - Similar Threads - Window Black Screen

2. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  3. Screen Flickering Black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering Black: My screen has been flickering black for about a second several times a day for a few weeks now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver, and tried Ctrl + Shift + Windows + B. I also have checked for any necessary updates in both the "Check For Updates" Windows...
  4. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  5. Black/flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black/flickering screen: When I start up my computer it shows a black screen after I login. I tried to use safe mode and it shows a flickering screen and I can’t click on any apps while task manager is fine. It all started around the windows 11 upgrade....
  6. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  7. Grey screen on startup.

Grey screen on startup.: I was doing my own thing on my laptop when it suddenly shut down and when I restarted it a grey screen popped up. I shut down and restarted multiple times and not even then Windows start up logo appears, just right to the grey screen. Any idea of what happened and how to fix...
  8. Grey screen flickering kind of.

Grey screen flickering kind of.: I have a alienware m15 with an intel graphics card and amd radeon rx 5500M series. I have had this computer for like 4 months and I have chrome in dark mode and when I put my courser on a new tab shortcut or really any website the grey turns darker and back fast like...
  9. Windows 10 Flickering Black Screen In Game

Windows 10 Flickering Black Screen In Game: As of yesterday I have started encountering an issue when playing games on my PC build running Windows 10. This issue only happens when in fullscreen/windowed fullscreen and some games work fine. The display will either be completely black, or flicker black when I click and...
  10. Black screen and flickering

Black screen and flickering: Ever since installing a recent windows update I’ve been having this issue, I’ve tried uninstalling the update and updating to an even newer version, same with my drivers, the issue also causes 100% gpu usage, I’ve tried many fixes with nothing working....