Windows 10: window 10 issue

Discus and support window 10 issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i dont know much about programing so please give answers like your giving to a caveman lol problem last night the laptop restarted and i could only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richo7256, Jun 28, 2015.

1. richo7256 Win User

window 10 issue

i dont know much about programing so please give answers like your giving to a caveman lol

problem last night the laptop restarted and i could only acess the apps menu and couldnt swap back to the desktop window so i recovered back to build 10074
    and now have the current issues
    1. the windows icon on bottom left has no left click function and on the right click the serch menu doesnt work
    2. the window store icon opens for 1/2 a second and immediatly closes
    3. google chrome wouldnt open (class not registered)(now solved by deleting a reg file)
    4. cannot type into cortana search and no right or left click

cant update windows to any other builds cant select fast or slow.
    can only find the windows 10 settings for updates by the run. wuapp
    no malware or virius found
    any ideas ???

thanks in advance and very sorry if this been covered but couldnt find anything like this

:)

richo7256, Jun 28, 2015

2. Restore a Vista backup to Windows 10

The links provided don't seem to address the question. The first link is a sign-up for an Insider Program users forum. The second does not have anything about restoring a backup from Vista to Windows 10.

Window 10 User, Jun 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Jun 28, 2015
Thema:

window 10 issue

1. window 10 issue - Similar Threads - window issue

2. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  3. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  4. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  6. Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues

Windows 11 Causing Random PC Freezes and Boot Issues: I have a very strange problem with my computer and I need help.My PC specs are as follows:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHzGPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10GB GDDR6XMOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus EliteRAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz C16SSD: Western...
  7. DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...: Hi, I am very curious about the DirectX12 being disabled after upgrading from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 11 Pro operating system. How is it that I had no problems with DirectX12 on Windows 10 Pro, but is now having problems with DirectX12 on Windows 11 Pro?Additional...
  8. DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...

DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...: Hi, I am very curious about the DirectX12 being disabled after upgrading from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 11 Pro operating system. How is it that I had no problems with DirectX12 on Windows 10 Pro, but is now having problems with DirectX12 on Windows 11 Pro?Additional...
  9. Is windows update down or experiencing issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows update down or experiencing issues?: Hello,At our office, starting Friday 4/12/24, computers with fresh Windows 10 10.0.19045 installs are giving a "Couldn't connect to update service". If they do manage to connect after several attempts, downloads are very slow, running at about 500kbps and spiking at 1.8Mbps....
  10. Is windows update down or experiencing issues?

Is windows update down or experiencing issues?: Hello,At our office, starting Friday 4/12/24, computers with fresh Windows 10 10.0.19045 installs are giving a "Couldn't connect to update service". If they do manage to connect after several attempts, downloads are very slow, running at about 500kbps and spiking at 1.8Mbps....