Windows 10: Window 10 licence

Discus and support Window 10 licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please I took the advantage of the free upgrade to window 10 from 8.1 home single language. My system crashed initially and i then took it for a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Klynguy Win User

Window 10 licence

Please I took the advantage of the free upgrade to window 10 from 8.1 home single language.
    My system crashed initially and i then took it for a fix bit they install windows 10 pro now I'm seeing that my key is not genuine.

Please if I reinstall windows 10 home, can I recover my digital licence?

I'm getting window will soon expire so what do you think

:)

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Same Windows 10 on two machines?

Windows 10 is generally licenced to the system it is installed on.

However, if the Windows 10 licence is a retail licence or your system was upgraded to Windows 10 from a retail licenced copy of a previous version of Windows, then you will be able to transfer the licence to the new PC

You cannot of course expect the same licence to run on both systems, if it is not a volume licence!!

DaveM121, Jun 13, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows 10

If you mean a Windows 10 licence then it is one licence per device. One licence for a laptop and one licence for a tablet.

neilpzz, Jun 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Window 10 licence

Just make sure to download and reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language. It should retrieve the existing digital license from Microsoft activation servers and activate itself. There is also, probably a Windows 8.1 Home Single Language product key stored in the computer's bios that you can retrieve using Showkey Plus from this forum.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

Window 10 licence [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2017
  5. Klynguy Win User
    Thanks for the quick response, is there any way to change to HOME from PRO without having to use disc image or installation disc.. Or can it be done from the latest update release

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Going from Pro to Home Single Language will require a clean install, which must be done by booting the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD.

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Klynguy Win User
    OK I will do so immediately I see a DVD containing the latest update 17...

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Klynguy Win User

Window 10 licence

Can I get a download link for 10 home single language

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  9. pparks1 Win User
  10. Bree New Member
Thema:

Window 10 licence

1. Window 10 licence - Similar Threads - Window licence

2. 'Windows 10 licence expires soon'.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    'Windows 10 licence expires soon'.: I keep on getting the message that 'My windows 10 licence expires soon'. I have gone to 'Setting' then 'Activate'. It says 'Windows IS activated. Yet if I restart my computer again the message will come up. I got my Windows 10 from the free upgrade from Windows 7. Did not...
  3. Can I Transfer a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence to a new PC with Windows 10 Home (OEM)

Can I Transfer a Windows 10 Pro Retail Licence to a new PC with Windows 10 Home (OEM): I have an 8 year old PC on which I installed a bona fide retail version of Windows 8.1 Pro purchased from Microsoft. When Windows 10 was released I installed the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I am about to buy a new PC which will have Windows 10 Home installed (i.e. OEM)....
  4. I installed windows 10 from the website kit and it keeps asking me for a licence key when...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I installed windows 10 from the website kit and it keeps asking me for a licence key when...: Normally when you download and install it to usb and install a windows 10. in my case I did pro. Maybe that's the problem it never asks you to activate it but this time it is and I tried reinstalling it and it still wants me to put in a key but normally it works right from...
  5. Windows 10 licence problem

Windows 10 licence problem: Please can you tell me why after installing a new windows 10 from a USB, I am getting blue message "your windows licence is about to expire" When I look it is already activated, I have tried putting in the product code, the error comes up 0xc004f050, but I believe because I...
  6. changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing windows 10 system language to english on single language licence: Bought a used laptop, came with windows in spanish. Need a step by step instruction on how to change it to english. Tried the Youtube guides, tried the support chatbot, etc. I can download the language pack, but set as default is not an available option. Is there an easy...
  7. Licence is going to expire error .. My HP pavilion was pre installed with windows OS

Licence is going to expire error .. My HP pavilion was pre installed with windows OS: Error pops showing go to your setting and update your license ... but my Hp Pavillion was pre installed with Genuine Windows 10 OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/licence-is-going-to-expire-error-my-hp-pavilion/ba837836-ad21-46eb-bcf6-82467f92b14f"
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

Windows 10 Microsoft Licence: Hey all! So, I've been looking for a new laptop and found this one. https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKLEN14514/Lenovo-Ideapad-S145-Laptop-156-AMD-A9-9425-8GB-512 All is well, until I discovered it had Windows 10 Home SMode, which is a locked down version. I don't want...
  9. Windows 8.1 licence to windows 10

Windows 8.1 licence to windows 10: Dear reader, I'm planning to buy/assemble a new pc. I bought windows 8.1 license a couple of year ago (2014, Full, no OEM) and installed it on my pc. I upgraded my installation from windows 8.1 to windows 10 before the 29th of juli 2016. Can I use my license to install...
  10. How do I submit/surrender my Windows licence as my laptop is not working?

How do I submit/surrender my Windows licence as my laptop is not working?: Hi Experts, I purchased Windows 8 retail version for my laptop 4 years ago. Then it got upgraded to Windows 10 automatically. Recently my laptop's HDD crashed and I cannot restore windows by any means. I have decided to install a new SSD onto the SAME laptop. So now how do...