Windows 10: Window 10 licence

Discus and support Window 10 licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Please I took the advantage of the free upgrade to window 10 from 8.1 home single language. My system crashed initially and i then took it for a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Klynguy Win User

Window 10 licence

Please I took the advantage of the free upgrade to window 10 from 8.1 home single language.
    My system crashed initially and i then took it for a fix bit they install windows 10 pro now I'm seeing that my key is not genuine.

Please if I reinstall windows 10 home, can I recover my digital licence?

I'm getting window will soon expire so what do you think

:)

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Same Windows 10 on two machines?

Windows 10 is generally licenced to the system it is installed on.

However, if the Windows 10 licence is a retail licence or your system was upgraded to Windows 10 from a retail licenced copy of a previous version of Windows, then you will be able to transfer the licence to the new PC

You cannot of course expect the same licence to run on both systems, if it is not a volume licence!!

DaveM121, Jun 13, 2017
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows 10

If you mean a Windows 10 licence then it is one licence per device. One licence for a laptop and one licence for a tablet.

neilpzz, Jun 13, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Window 10 licence

Just make sure to download and reinstall Windows 10 Home Single Language. It should retrieve the existing digital license from Microsoft activation servers and activate itself. There is also, probably a Windows 8.1 Home Single Language product key stored in the computer's bios that you can retrieve using Showkey Plus from this forum.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

Window 10 licence [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2017
  5. Klynguy Win User
    Thanks for the quick response, is there any way to change to HOME from PRO without having to use disc image or installation disc.. Or can it be done from the latest update release

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Going from Pro to Home Single Language will require a clean install, which must be done by booting the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD.

NavyLCDR, Jun 13, 2017
  7. Klynguy Win User
    OK I will do so immediately I see a DVD containing the latest update 17...

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Klynguy Win User

Window 10 licence

Can I get a download link for 10 home single language

Klynguy, Jun 13, 2017
  9. pparks1 Win User
  10. Bree New Member
Thema:

Window 10 licence

1. Window 10 licence - Similar Threads - Window licence

2. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  3. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?: Hi all,I didn't found a exact solution for my issue, does someone know how I can do this:1. Old PC running Windows 10 Pro Intel NUC > This PC is about to be dismantled and put into recycling2. Dell Laptop with OEM Windows 10 Family or HomeI want to switch the OEM Home licence...
  4. Can I replace my Windows 10 Home licence by a Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows...: Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows 10 Pro. Pour l’activer à l’aide de cette licence numérique, vous devez installer Windows 10 Home.. J'ai besoin d'aide...
  6. Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows...: Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows 10 Pro. Pour l’activer à l’aide de cette licence numérique, vous devez installer Windows 10 Home.. J'ai besoin d'aide...
  7. Nous avons trouvé une licence numérique Windows 10 Home pour cet appareil exécutant Windows...

8. How to change the microsoft account why Windows Licence was bought with to my Personal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the microsoft account why Windows Licence was bought with to my Personal...: I have just purchased a new Precision laptop direclty from Dell, this laptop came with Windows 11 Pro. I made a dell account with my univeristy email address so that I could access a student discount. When my laptop arrived I logged in with my personal microsoft account that...
  9. How to change the microsoft account why Windows Licence was bought with to my Personal...

How to change the microsoft account why Windows Licence was bought with to my Personal...: I have just purchased a new Precision laptop direclty from Dell, this laptop came with Windows 11 Pro. I made a dell account with my univeristy email address so that I could access a student discount. When my laptop arrived I logged in with my personal microsoft account that...
  10. Windows can't find my digital licence for Windows 11 pro.

Windows can't find my digital licence for Windows 11 pro.: Hi.I just swapped my motherboard and CPU and have done this multiple times before.I have never had this problem before where im not allowed to activate my digital licence of windows.I upgraded to Windows Pro from the normal home version and did the upgrade over the Microsoft...