Windows 10: Window 10 Login frustration

Discus and support Window 10 Login frustration in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Just wondered if anybody can help me with this annoying problem in that every time I start windows it always go to my non existing old email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by samIOW, Apr 13, 2016.

1. samIOW Win User

Window 10 Login frustration

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody can help me with this annoying problem in that every time I start windows it always go to my non existing old email account plus I have forgotten the password. I then have to tell it to go to my current one which is fine. any ideas as to how to get it to see my current one??

On a few occasions It has after an update has gone straight to the current one, But after another update has reverted back.

Thanks

Sam

:)

samIOW, Apr 13, 2016
  2. Lounge66 Win User

Cannot Login into password prompt

Windows 10 on my Acer pc will not go to the password login after it sleeps or shuts off. It sarts and gets to the screen saver but will not go to the password login. It will after I restart....but once it shuts off it will not automatically go back to the
    login prompt. Very annoying and frustrating...please help.

thanks for your time

Lounge66, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Very Frustrating Login Problem

Dear all,

First of all, I'd like to say that I enjoy using Windows 10 and that I am fully aware that the kinks have yet to be sorted out. I am posting this here in the hopes that there is a workaround that I haven't thought of that may solve my problem.

In summary, I am unable to sign-in to a Microsoft account on my device. Cortana is stuck in an infinite loop of asking me to sign in and I am unable to generate a local account to fix the problem. Creating another user account and migrating the files I have
    didn't work since my computer hanged on the account creation stage after sign-in.

My specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5

NVIDIA GEFORCE 720M

500 GB Hard Disk

8 GB RAM

Running Windows 10

The problem arose after the following:

1) Wishing to migrate from a hotmail account to an outlook account for all my devices, I logged onto Microsoft and changed my outlook account to my primary account and deleted the hotmail account.

2) On subsequent log-ins on my computer, I noticed it was still using the hotmail account to log-in. Also, Cortana became unavailable and kept on asking me to sign in. Everytime I did so, the popup window would close and Cortana would ask me for my name
    once more and to sign in.

3) I attempted to create a local account to deactivate my hotmail and add my outlook as the correct sign-in account, however, I keep encountering Error code 0x80004005 which tells me that the local account failed to be created.

4) I removed my pc from my devices while managing my account on the microsoft page in the hope it would enable me to reset the user from the server side. However, this did nothing to solve the problem and I am unable to add my laptop from your website.

As it stands, I cannot sign in on my device because my computer thinks my hotmail account still exists when in fact, it doesn't anymore.

Please help! I think it is a waste for such a simple problem not to have a simple solution.

Kevin Carpio, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Sam, *Smile

You might check using the tutorial below to see if you may have set Windows to automatically sign in to the old account using netplwiz. If so, you can set it to sign in to the correct account instead, or set to not automatically sign in to stop this.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  5. samIOW Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for your reply, But the problem I have is 2 , 1 being that the Microsoft account which it has selected as a default has been deleted 2 the email address for that is no longer active or valid ( I have changed my provider so hence a new email address)

I have looked at the registry option But although I can see the default username which is the deleted email address, The password for that account which I can no longer remember is not visible only a password expiry warning which shows like this 0x0000000 (5)

Regards, Sam

samIOW, Apr 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's ok. Are you able to select an account with the correct address in netplwiz?

If not, does checking the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box in netplwiz and clicking on OK stop it?

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  7. samIOW Win User
    No when I use netplwiz it does not see the deleted account only the one which I have which is active, Be cause I don't use the Microsoft account login because it will not let me login as I forgotten the PW and can't get them to send it as the email is not longer active.

I do have the registry option BUT I am not sure what would happen if I change the default username email to my current one??

Would I still be able to login??

samIOW, Apr 13, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  9. samIOW Win User
    I do have a active account with them already, I think that is the problem. I deleted the old one and created the one I have now. But for some reason it keeps coming with the one that is deleted. I have tried in the past to make the current one the default but it comes back with the deleted one.

samIOW, Apr 13, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you able to select only the new account in netplwiz to have Windows automatically sign in to it at startup, or check the box to sign in?

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  11. samIOW Win User
    Success , tried a reboot and everything was fine, BUT just to make sure I switched it off and the turned it on again and it worked fine. strangely though on checking the registry it still shows the deleted email address as default???

Thanks

samIOW, Apr 13, 2016
  12. samIOW Win User
    Thanks for all your help and patients. *Biggrin

samIOW, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Login frustration - Similar Threads - Window Login frustration

2. frustration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frustration: Hi guys,I ordered clothes on the internet. Part of them didn't fit, so I wrote back to an internet address to send me a post code to send the clothes back and to get my money back. So they answered me that I had to send back the clothes to the headquarters of the firm, which...
  3. Frustrated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frustrated: submitted by /u/mlgraves [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgrvza/frustrated/
  4. windows 10 frustrations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 frustrations: How do I get full control over windows? I am tired of windows 10 telling me I don't have permission. I want am the only user and an administrator. I want FULL control over my PC. What do I need for full control?...
  5. frustrated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frustrated: I am really frustrated with windows I got many issues so far. one of the most important though which affects my work and I came to discuss here I don't know if anyone can help me and I would be grateful I cannot install apps from anywhere! I ve tried everything even picking...
  6. FRUSTRATED

in Windows 10 Customization
    FRUSTRATED: I have windows 10,I am trying to uninstall ITUNES. I get error message to sign on as Administrator, I am thee administrator. Why does that keep happening and how do I uninstall it?...
  7. Frustration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frustration: how is it when using windows Music Player on 10 when i click on any item in my music library and then click PLAY I am immediately transferred to the Microsoft official home page...
  8. Frustrated..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frustrated..: For months now, I've been trying to NOT download update 1803 on my computer. Kept clearing my Software distribution folder, kept closing "Important days are pending".. Then somehow today.. it installs Windows Update Assistance. Seriously? Tried to uninstall it multiple times...
  9. frustrating

in Windows 10 Support
    frustrating: i have a new HP laptop that i bought last month for school. it has windows 10 on it. last few days though, when i close the lid to hibernate it, it closes all my tabs and Chrome, my microsoft office, anything that is open, it will close. i dont always bookmark places. i leave...
  10. Windows 10 frustration

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 frustration: I started my computer today and the computer was starting up and a light blue screen popped up titled "Choose an option" Continue-Exit and continue to windows 10 Use another operating system Troubleshoot Turn off PC The only problem is when I get to this screen I have...