Windows 10: Window 10 login password field missing, no power button

Discus and support Window 10 login password field missing, no power button in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] Hi i got a window 10 login password field missing with no power button to choose for. I think i had try to use the shutdown 3 times in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Aliva82, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Aliva82 Win User

Window 10 login password field missing, no power button

Window 10 login password field missing, no power button [​IMG]

Hi i got a window 10 login password field missing with no power button to choose for.

I think i had try to use the shutdown 3 times in order to go in for reset mode. i dun have amy system restore point right now. i cant get into my pc beyond the welcome page for the past 3 days. As you see the screenshot i got the mouse, connect and ease of access. But i am unable to type in the password coz there is no field for me to write. I try to set reformat my pc.. but i need to access my files

I need help. Please..

:)

Aliva82, Jul 15, 2017
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 10 Login: No box for password/pin entry

Might try running the TroubleShooter for Power. Seems to fix that missing login password field for some pc's.

'Mike P, Jul 15, 2017
  3. anwosu Win User
    Forced Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 and unable to log in

My Windows 7 PC was remotely upgraded to Windows 10 by Microsoft. I found it restarted and on some kind of login page. This login page simply had my name (not email address), a password field, an accessibility icon, and a NEXT button. There is no POWER button.

No matter what password I enter I am told it is not correct

WIN + X, WIN +R or SHIFT + anything don't work!

Any help is appreciated.

anwosu, Jul 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Can you press control, alt and delete does that bring up login

Samuria, Jul 15, 2017
  5. Aliva82 Win User
    No cannot. Ctrl+Alt+del no response.

Aliva82, Jul 15, 2017
  6. TrustMe Win User
    You can save your pictures, videos, document with Kyhi's Bootable Rescue Disk. Make a USB or DVD and boot form It. Save all your files to a portable hard drive, flash drive or DVD. It is like a live version of Windows. No files are written to your hard drive while making the bootable rescue disk.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

TrustMe, Jul 15, 2017
  7. Aliva82 Win User
    Sorry i nv done this before.
    1) So I just need to download Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116 (64bit) in USB and use it when I reboot?
    2)How would I access it?
    3) It will be like accessing hard-disk in real live window?
    3) my current window is unable to solve and need to reformat?

Aliva82, Jul 16, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

That's not the login screen in your screenshot, that look's like the Lock Screen to me. It's supposed to clear if you click anywhere on the screen (or press any key) to then reveal the login screen. Sometimes it appears to get stuck on the lock screen.

Apparently if you click-and-drag from the bottom of the screen to the top is may reveal the login screen...

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

9. Aliva82 Win User
    Hi Bree,

I tot it is screen locked too, but I tried clicking anywhere, press ctrl, or put the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen and try click and drag but there is no response. If you notice below, there is only Internet connection and ease of access button, no power button. If it is screen saver, it only display Internet connection.

Aliva82, Jul 16, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Well, it was worth a try. So is this from the same thread...

Use the 'shutdown three times' method again to get to...
    No password prompt at login screen. Can not login. - post #4

(you'll find the "safe boot" by running MSCONFIG)

11. Aliva82 Win User
    I tried that too. But no go, no password field found. As this is new case, so I posted in.

Aliva82, Jul 16, 2017
  12. TrustMe Win User
    Yes, download Win14393PESE_x64 ISO v170116 (64bi file (If your OS is 64-Bit). It will have an ISO file extension.

To make Kyhi's bootable rescue disk you first have to make the flash drive bootable. Follow these steps to do that.
    Insert the flash drive into your computer. It is best to use a 32GB or smaller flash drive. We are going to format it to fat32. I believe the size limit for fat32 is 32GB.
    Open an Administrative Command Prompt or a Windows Power Shell (Admin) window.
    Hit Enter after each command

diskpart

listdisk This will list all the disks connected to your computer and assign a number to each one. It will also display the size of each disk.

select disk * Replace the asterisk with the number assigned to your flash drive. You have to be extremely careful here!!! Double check to make sure it is the number of your flash drive and not your hard drive. Check the size of the disk and make sure it matches the size of your flash drive. The next command will erase everything on your
    flash drive. If you accidentally type the number of your hard drive, everything will be erased!!!

clean
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    active
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    exit
    exit

Now the flash drive is bootable. The next thing to do is double click Kyhi's ISO file, the one you downloaded. A windows will come up with all the files in the ISO file. Click "Select All", and "Copy". Next go to the flash drive and click "Paste" to copy all the files onto the flash drive.

The last thing to do is boot from the flash drive. You will be taken to the desktop. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your personal files. Plug in a portable hard drive or a different flash drive than the one you just made. Copy all your personal tiles to the hard drive or flash drive.

TrustMe, Jul 16, 2017
  13. Aliva82 Win User

Sorry, these command seems a bit out of my understanding.

Do I need to revert to "c:" when i type "diskpart"?

Aliva82, Jul 16, 2017
  14. Aliva82 Win User
    Ok. I understood tru hand-on. It seems like i am in the live window right now.
    I am extracting the folders as it is now. After i extract the folders..can I ask what would i do next? Reformat the pc?

Aliva82, Jul 16, 2017
  15. TrustMe Win User
    I'm glad to hear you were able to retrieve your files. I don't know the answer to your original question. If no one can come up with a solution, I would just format and start over. Maybe wait a little bit before you do that because some one might read this and know what to do.

TrustMe, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Window 10 login password field missing, no power button - Similar Threads - Window login password

2. Not able to login to windows 11 / blurry screen / missing user & password field

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to login to windows 11 / blurry screen / missing user & password field: Hello, I'm not sure whats happen during night, just left laptop on and when wake up I wasn't able to login.There is blurry screen when press any button from login screen missing user and password fieldtried to recovery and so on but nothing help.when tried to install windows...
  3. Not able to login to windows 11 / blurry screen / missing user & password field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to login to windows 11 / blurry screen / missing user & password field: Hello, I'm not sure whats happen during night, just left laptop on and when wake up I wasn't able to login.There is blurry screen when press any button from login screen missing user and password fieldtried to recovery and so on but nothing help.when tried to install windows...
  4. Power button missing from Login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power button missing from Login screen: I looked this up on other websites before coming to this conclusion. When I go in my computer, I open up run, open registry edit, and go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. Once I'm there I'm supposed to look for...
  5. Windows 10 login screen password field is filled with dots.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login screen password field is filled with dots.: When I login to Windows 10 on my laptop, the password field is filled with black dots. I am unable to clear or backspace these black dots to key in my password. I can only hit the Enter key; and the system will prompt that the password entered was incorrect. From here, the...
  6. Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...

Windows 10 - Username field and Password field not showing up when attempting to login to...: I have a weird issue. Computer is Windows 10, joined to a domain. Issue just started a few days ago. When pressing CRTL-ALT-DELETE to login the username and password field boxes are missing. I have tried the following: 1. chkdsk c: /r 2. Startup Repair 3....
  7. Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.: Hello, I have a user who does not see the login field for her to enter her windows login password. This occurs when she opens up her laptop returning from hibernation mode. It seems like holding ctrl alt delete for a few seconds prompts the login field allowing her to enter...
  8. I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen

I forgot my login password and the power button icon is missing off the login screen: I'm locked out of my computer, and the power button is missing on the login screen. I use to have this computer set up on micrsoft and don't know how it got deleted. Help...
  9. Can't Login - missing user/password field

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Login - missing user/password field: Hello, I'm having an issue that's preventing me from logging into my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 with Windows 10. Previously you could swipe your finger on the fingerprint scanner to both turn the computer on, and login. Since the Windows 10 upgrade, that was no longer supported,...
  10. Unable to login, no password field.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login, no password field.: I have a friend's HP Omni 120-1133w which was upgraded from win7 to win10 and was working fine. She had a power outage and ever since can't log in. It boots up to the lock screen with the time in the left corner and the wireless icon in the right corner. When you hit any key...