Windows 10: Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem?

Discus and support Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, We recently added some Win10 Pro PC to our office, but we have some problem after join our domain. Join domain looks ok, administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FoxHsu, Jul 24, 2018.

1. FoxHsu Win User

Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem?

Hi all,

We recently added some Win10 Pro PC to our office, but we have some problem after join our domain.

Join domain looks ok, administrator account can login/access all functions at those Win10 Pro PC.

But when we use normal user accounts on those Win10 PC, trouble show up.

Here are some problems I found when I setting up.

1. Login success, but many Live Tiles show download icon(arrow point down), and click nothing happen.

2. Cortana bar: I can typing, but only running dot show on top.

3. Edge: Program will open, but can't type in anything in address bar.

4. Internet Explorer: Run a circle, but nothing happen. I can run it as administrator, but it will require entering administrator ID/PW every time.

5. Setting panel show, but click anything just show circles.

It looks like some kind of permission setting.

I do some search, it said about firewall setting via GPO, add admx templates to Win 2008 R2. But all fail in my case.

Anyone know how to fix it? Thank you very much.

Fox

:)

FoxHsu, Jul 24, 2018
  2. [Ion] Win User

Free Windows Server 2008 (and 2008 R2) for students

Microsoft recently added Windows Server 2008 R2 to Dreamspark, so now Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2 are available for free to any student enrolled in a class at any of the universities on their list. Windows Server 2008 R2 can be converted so that it is like Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 can be converted so that it is like Vista. I'm still running XP Pro, but only until I find a free antivirus program for server operating systems *Roll Eyes Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem? :rolleyes:

[Ion], Jul 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Jul 24, 2018
  4. e.gray Win User

windows 10 not joining server 2008 R2 domain

I don't think there is a setting that prevents versions of windows from joining a domain....

Microsoft says that Window 10 should be able to join any domain that is operating at least at the "2003 Functional Level". So, that begs the question... what is the "functional level" of your domain controllers?

Understanding Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) Functional Levels

e.gray, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Pro join Windows 2008 R2 Domain problem? - Similar Threads - Window Pro join

2. windows 2008 r2 support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 2008 r2 support: where do I go to get support on Window 2008 R2 server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008-r2-support/baecdad6-66a3-42c7-9ec8-775be633fc6c
  3. windows 2008 r2 support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 2008 r2 support: where do I go to get support on Window 2008 R2 server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-2008-r2-support/baecdad6-66a3-42c7-9ec8-775be633fc6c
  4. Windows server 2008 R2 Booting problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2008 R2 Booting problem.: It all started when I tried to recover the administrator password. nothing worked, now when I boot it says start windows normally or repair. when I try to repair nothing happens. when I press normally it restarts....
  5. Windows server 2008 R2 Booting problem.

Windows server 2008 R2 Booting problem.: It all started when I tried to recover the administrator password. nothing worked, now when I boot it says start windows normally or repair. when I try to repair nothing happens. when I press normally it restarts....
  6. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  7. Problem Joining a Domain

Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  8. Migration of Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2019 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration of Windows Server 2008 R2 to 2019 R2: My question to ask is, we currently have a server as PDC with a Windows 2008 R2 Standard, with this being a bit old, we want to migrate to a indows Server 2008 R2 to 2019 R2 Standard in a virtualized machine with VMWare Vsphere, my question is the following:How can we...
  9. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  10. Can't enable Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro computer joined to a Windows 2008 R2 domain...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't enable Remote Desktop on a Windows 10 Pro computer joined to a Windows 2008 R2 domain...: This problem seems to be associated with new user profiles. I'm starting to suspect corruption in my Active Directory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-remote-desktop-on-a-windows-10-pro/4d2ca206-9202-4dc8-a1eb-8fba329c73a9