Windows 10: Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes

Discus and support Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows has updated itself to latest build on PC. All of a sudden when i attempt to run most of the programmes i get an error message "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scfisher, Sep 21, 2016.

1. scfisher Win User

Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes

Windows has updated itself to latest build on PC.

All of a sudden when i attempt to run most of the programmes i get an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click OK to close the application"

Applications that do not open include Office, Media Player, Microsft Edge

Some apps do work ie notepad, Chrome.

For those applications that do not open and get error message I can run if i run as "Administrator" which is weird as the account i am using is a member of administrator group.

I do not use PC much as I mainly use my laptop which updated fine. But my son does mention that he thinks he got the error message prior to upgrade.

Someone suggested from an elevated Dos session run "sfc /scannow" which took ages but came back with no errors.

Any idea what i need to do to fix?

:)

scfisher, Sep 21, 2016

2. How do i exchange my programms?

How can i exchange my programms between to users on the same PC.

In windows 10. Please Answer!

I tried to give him the permissions to use the programm but it wont list in the programms from the ohter user, I used Admin mode too.

AlfredHerzberg, Sep 21, 2016
  3. KMKMKMT Win User
    Unable to delete and rename .exe file

I have been using the IDE software codeblocks and this creates a .exe file. However whenever I try to rebuild and run the programme, it does not work. I found out that the .exe file of the program cannot be deleted as it shows: You require permission from
    the administrator to access this file. It is my personal PC and I am the admin... It used to be working a few days ago but there seems to be a problem now idk why. I have antivirus like Mcafee and avast too.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Tools]

KMKMKMT, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

It could be a problem with the user profile. Try creating another account and see if the problem persists. If that cures the problem, you will need to move your files and settings across to the new account. If not, you could try an in place repair install.

Steve C, Sep 22, 2016
  5. scfisher Win User
    New profile has same issue.

In place repair install has sorted. Thanks

scfisher, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes - Similar Threads - Window Requires Admin

2. Error run programm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error run programm: Already tried everything. I need these dlls to run the game:API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L2-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPINIT-L1-1-0.DLL...
  3. Error run programm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error run programm: Already tried everything. I need these dlls to run the game:API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L2-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPINIT-L1-1-0.DLL...
  4. Windows Admin no permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Admin no permission: Hello everyone,I have a question that I couldn't find the answer anywhere.memory integrity can't be activated due to incompatible drivers -> found the 2 sys files / drivers in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepositoryBut no matter what I do, I have no permissions to...
  5. Windows Admin no permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Admin no permission: Hello everyone,I have a question that I couldn't find the answer anywhere.memory integrity can't be activated due to incompatible drivers -> found the 2 sys files / drivers in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepositoryBut no matter what I do, I have no permissions to...
  6. Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows 11 requiring me as admin to run apps in admin mode: Every time i try to update file, or attempt to play certain games my system forces me to run said app in admin mode. I am the admin of my computer, and it is very annoying to have to do this every time i turn around. I have had even more problems with this since the last...
  7. Windows 10 Admin permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin permissions: I have an issue with administrative permissions. I built a Pc for home, I installed windows, I changed everything settings to a admin settings for my user, I had put UAC to lower bar. I used to command prompt to switch admin to yes, I went on the built in administrator. I...
  8. Setting one programme not to require admin rights

Setting one programme not to require admin rights: Hi, I have set up a work laptop which is to be handed over to an employee. I have put their printer software on the machine ready to install but cannot complete at my end as the printer is at their house. To install the software properly they would currently need to...
  9. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095
  10. Run everything as admin / default administrative permission

Run everything as admin / default administrative permission: Hello, The constant need for administrator permission and the need to run everything as administrator is something that frustrates me endlessly in windows. I'm talking about thinks like copy pasting, name change or the need to run cmd as administrator for some commands....