Windows 10: window 10 update network issue

Discus and support window 10 update network issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; just got latest win 10 update. all worked before update nothing has changed on my network now my other network computers not visible in networks or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GarryLysiak, Jul 23, 2018.

1. window 10 update network issue

just got latest win 10 update. all worked before update nothing has changed on my network

now my other network computers not visible in networks or file explorer.

can ping all just cannot use computer name, appears to be a local DNS problem.

not using a dns server just a router with dhcp

can go to any website so dns appears to be working

in start I can go to any machine using \\test_mach

what happened?

tried dns flush

reinstalling network adapter drivers

troubleshooter shows no problems

:)

GarryLysiak, Jul 23, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 14, 2018
  4. cushman Win User

window 10 update network issue

Windows 10 issues!

So for about 3 to 4 weeks now i'm having some issues with windows 10, Issues like LAN proxy "network says i have internet access but i can't access the internet it doesn't show a x or an exclamation sign" and huge frame rate drops in all games and stuttering! What i'm wondering is if i update my bios will it play nice with windows 10? Because i haven't updated my bios since i bought my system.

cushman, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

window 10 update network issue

1. window 10 update network issue - Similar Threads - window update network

2. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update network issues: Every time windows does an update my network has issues. I'm using an Ethernet and I get the message that its unidentified. I've tried numerous different fixes and no luck, please help me fix this...
  3. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update network issues: Every time windows does an update my network has issues. I'm using an Ethernet and I get the message that its unidentified. I've tried numerous different fixes and no luck, please help me fix this...
  4. Windows update network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues: Hi, Whenever windows update KB5013624 installs, I cannot access shared folders on my server. I have a mapped drive to a work folder on the server that I connect over VPN to, and it will not work while this particualr update is installed. As soon as I uninstall the update, it...
  6. Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues: Hi, Whenever windows update KB5013624 installs, I cannot access shared folders on my server. I have a mapped drive to a work folder on the server that I connect over VPN to, and it will not work while this particualr update is installed. As soon as I uninstall the update, it...
  7. Windows 10 Update KB5013624 - network issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Update and OS wide network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Update and OS wide network issues: Hello everyone!I'm currently on an activated copy of Windows 10 2004 and I'm having a lot of network and connectivity issues across the OS in general. Here's a list of issues I'm having and my troubleshooting steps:Initially, I noticed my Windows Store apps were showing the...
  9. Windows 10 Update and OS wide network issues

Windows 10 Update and OS wide network issues: Hello everyone!I'm currently on an activated copy of Windows 10 2004 and I'm having a lot of network and connectivity issues across the OS in general. Here's a list of issues I'm having and my troubleshooting steps:Initially, I noticed my Windows Store apps were showing the...
  10. Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing

Windows 10 20H2 Update Issues with Network Sharing: We have many of the systems running with Windows 10 with the build 18363.1256, and with those builds, we don’t face any problem with the network mapped drives. When we connect either by LAN or Wireless, the internet explorer will work without any issues. The problem occurs...