Windows 10: Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

Discus and support Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by burnside, Apr 24, 2017.

1. burnside Win User

Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them?

Thanks!
    b

:)

burnside, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Marv73 Win User

shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

For some reason it seem I have lost all shadows on my windows 10 desktop. And even changing settings is simply not working for both mouse pointer and windows borders. I suspect there might be something broken in the registry but I have no idea where...

I even tried to install a third part application (Stardock ShadowFX) to get back windows border shadows at least...but it's all the same, doesn't work.

I'm running an i5 with a R9 graphic card so it's not even a performance issue.

I really need someone who knows where to search in the registry but it seem I couldn't find anything on the web.

Marv73, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Shadow box stuck on desktop

I have a shadow stuck in the middle of my desktop. It looks like there was some sort of window that had been open, then closed, but the shadow remained. I've completely restarted Windows, but the shadow remains in the same spot. I've turned off shadows completely,
    still nothing. I can click on the border of the shadow and it'll pop to the top of other windows, but otherwise I can't interact with it. I attached a cropped image of my Desktop showing what I'm talking about. So far I haven't been able to find anyone else
    who has reported this issue before. I'm at a loss.

Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop [​IMG]

DuaneHUBBARD, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @burnside

From your screenshot I can see on the taskbar that there is an app running. The resolution is not enough to identify its icon though, but it has the 'underline' that shows it is active. It seems likely that these windows belong to this app and have not been refreshed on resuming. What happens if you hover over or click on its icon (the one with an 'underline' bar) in the taskbar?

5. burnside Win User
    Closing all my apps in the taskbar didn't help, but then I started closing some of the background apps one by one and finally saw the shadow disappear. I'll keep an eye on things, but I'm thinking this is solved. Thanks a bunch!

burnside, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop - Similar Threads - Window Border Shadows

2. Windows explorer doesn't have shadow or border when active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer doesn't have shadow or border when active: Windows isn't showing borders around the file explorer making it very confusing to use with a white background. Changing my theme color is not an option so please don't give me that terrible answer, I've read it 1000 times already and it doesn't fix this issue. I have the...
  3. Windows explorer doesn't have shadow or border when active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer doesn't have shadow or border when active: Windows isn't showing borders around the file explorer making it very confusing to use with a white background. Changing my theme color is not an option so please don't give me that terrible answer, I've read it 1000 times already and it doesn't fix this issue. I have the...
  4. Windows explorer doesn't have shadow or border when active

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 desktop label shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop label shadow: There is shadow on the desktop level on my windows 11 after breaking from windows 10 to 11 this problem occur I tried the solution from advanced system setting and turned off the the option which allow shadow under text of label if anyone has any other option they can suggest...
  6. Windows 11 desktop label shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop label shadow: There is shadow on the desktop level on my windows 11 after breaking from windows 10 to 11 this problem occur I tried the solution from advanced system setting and turned off the the option which allow shadow under text of label if anyone has any other option they can suggest...
  7. Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shadow+Border Bug on Action Center + Search on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello, this is the last time I will mention this issue, I hope it can be recognized by Microsoft, and also by this community: I have been commenting this in many places for a while and I'm not sure how else to get attention drawn to this issue. In Build 19002,...
  8. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  9. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...
  10. White Border on Left of Desktop Screen

White Border on Left of Desktop Screen: A white color border is visible on left of my screen which is not fixing even after restarting or killing the desktop app. It overlaps over anything that i open on my my desktop. Please see screanshots for clearance. [IMG]...