Windows 10: window defender virus definition update error

Discus and support window defender virus definition update error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; every time i try to update the spyware and virus definitions its popup a message that it couldnt be updated and shows error code: 0x80004004. what... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bhupendrabhanu, Jul 9, 2018.

1. window defender virus definition update error

every time i try to update the spyware and virus definitions its popup a message that it couldnt be updated

and shows error code: 0x80004004.

what should i do?

:)

bhupendrabhanu, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows Defender Definitions update ERROR.

I opened Windows Defender & clicked to update my Definitions & get a POP Up : Virus & Spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

ERROR CODE: 0x80070422 Description: The update service can't be started because it's been turned off by security administrator or

because of a problem in registry data.

What steps do I need to do to fiz this problem?

SteveGraybill, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Virus and spyware definitions couldn't be updated.

Hi Ogunmola,

There are several possible reasons why you are unable to update your virus and spyware definitions in Windows 10. The most common cause is internet connectivity. If you are online, it can be caused by conflicts with the settings in Windows Internet Explorer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are there issues with the internet connection?
    • Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For steps to help resolve this issue with updating the virus and spyware definitions, you can refer to
    Giridhar J's post on this
    link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jul 9, 2018
  4. window defender virus definition update error

Virus definitions couldn't be updated

If you have problem access the link which I posted, try sign out of Microsoft Account and clear Cookies in your browser and try again. It might be temporary issue and problem with cookies in your browser.

Normally, you should check for update and Windows Update should install updates including definition update for Windows Defender. But if it didn't work, try update Windows Defender manually from Update tab, if not, then download definition from MMPC website.
    Normally, if Windows Update and/or Windows Defender shows no error and show your PC is update or there is no more update, then your are having the latest definition and you don't have you be worry.

If there was any error, follow steps in above links and if it didn't worked, open new question and list down steps which you have followed to solve the problem and result and error messages if any.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

window defender virus definition update error

1. window defender virus definition update error - Similar Threads - window defender virus

2. Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender's Virus And Spyware Definitions Not Updating: My windows defender's virus and spyware definitions isn't updating when I check for updates in windows update and also in the windows defender user interface either.I submit a prove about what happen when I tried to update it.I am not a fan of going to...
  3. Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions

Microsoft Defender Virus Definitions: Does Windows Defender contain virus definitions for Mac, so that if I scan a file on windows that has malware targeting Mac, it will detect it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-virus-definitions/3ecfc677-1756-4a54-be56-d0b7992b46ee
  4. Windows defender virus definitions update question

Windows defender virus definitions update question: I've been using Avast antivirus for a year, and I want to remove it and use Windows Defender, but I'm worried that my Windows Defender won't update its virus definitions because there's an Avast antivirus running. So before I am removing my previous AV and use WD, I want to...
  5. Windows Defender won't update virus definition

Windows Defender won't update virus definition: I received a Windows security alert saying that virus and threat protection definition is out of date. Clicking on the "update" button just turns endlessly. Tried a couple of different ways to manually update https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates; running the...
  6. windows defender virus definition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender virus definition: Have upate from windows 7 to windows 10. When trying to update my Virus and spyware definitions it shows me internet or network security problems. However all other windows updates are working fine, except for which i suspect is part of the problem the following. Security...
  7. How to update the virus definition for the Defender?

How to update the virus definition for the Defender?: I am receiving the Win 10 alarm sounded while surfing the internet, saying my PC has virus, and led me to the process for virus update. I am wonder it was a fake message, I would appreciate someone can show me how to get the virus update by down load the virus definition...
  8. Can't update Defender virus definitions

Can't update Defender virus definitions: I keep getting the following error if I try to update the virus definitions in Microsoft Security Essentials "The virus and spyware definitions didn't update (Date and Time) because of an internet or network connectivity problem. If I try to update through windows update I...
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Spyware definitions not updating

Windows Defender Virus and Spyware definitions not updating: Windows Defender update stalling and then not completing. Message says 'Didn't update due to an internet or network connection problem'. Have tried many times over the last few days....
  10. Windows defender virus definition bug

Windows defender virus definition bug: I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender virus an spyware definitions couldnt be updated error code 0x80072efd wsus