Windows 10: Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it?

Discus and support Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Chrome browser window open and it in turn has a window open to allow me to upload a file. I clicked open and it sort of went away and sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Aug 19, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it?

I have a Chrome browser window open and it in turn has a window open to allow me to upload a file. I clicked open and it sort of went away and sort of didn't. Please try watching the brief clip below and then put that situation into words because it defies me. Is the file explorer window there or not? Either way, I can't access that Chrome window because it thinks there's something open on top of it.

You can see the file explorer window is open in the preview you get from a mouse over on the taskbar but if you click the taskbar icon to select the relevant Chrome window then it isn't there but it is but it isn't but it is but it isn't....

[youtube]ypf31gRgqk8[/youtube]

:)

THX1138, Aug 19, 2017

2. See 2 windows open at the same time

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Search settings in the search bar and then click on Settings.

2) Now select System, Under system click on Multi tasking.

3) Make sure that you have turned ON all the options which is present on the right side pane.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 19, 2017
  3. koolking Win User
    See 2 windows open at the same time

Hello,

I just wanted to say that I learned why I have this issue. One of the answers to one of my questions told me that it was in Tablet mode--I have a desktop--and how to change it to the correct mode. Upon doing so, this problem was answered.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards,

RS

koolking, Aug 19, 2017
Thema:

Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it?

1. Window duality: open and not open at the same time. Where is it? - Similar Threads - Window duality open

2. Both windows are opening same windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both windows are opening same windows: I had two windows installed. Now I have installed ubuntu also. Now there are two windows option after booting, but both are opening the same windows. What should I do to open the other one . Thank you in advance...
  3. Taskbar- how to see all open documents and windows at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar- how to see all open documents and windows at the same time: Just switched to Windows 11 and now my taskbar shows app icons but not the open items. If I want to see individual documents or windows or items, I have to tap on the icon and then it brings up all the open items. How do I set the task bar so I can see all my open documents...
  4. opening note and app at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening note and app at the same time: how do i open a certain note and program at the same time note on a second screen and program on first screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-note-and-app-at-the-same-time/d4e461ce-02d7-44f9-aac2-f8437a5d9dfe
  5. Open and close programs at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open and close programs at the same time: I want two programs to open and close 2 programs automaticly. Is there a way I can do this and how?? submitted by /u/CaptainKeanu1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr6uqh/open_and_close_programs_at_the_same_time/
  6. Open multiple files at the same time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  7. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time: I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs,...
  8. windows not opening in the same location

windows not opening in the same location: Hello, How can I get the windows to open in the same location I close them? Very frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-not-opening-in-the-same-location/90a1ce52-069c-4407-9b14-51496bd9e3c0
  9. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time.: Windows 10. When I open EDGE for an internet search, Chrome also opens at the same time. How do I eliminate Chrome from opening automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-using/69586e2a-a4d8-4053-9732-fa133667d866
  10. Open folder window at same position every time

Open folder window at same position every time: Hello! Whenever I open a folder and position it on desktop whereI want it to be, after closing and reopening it again, it repositions. With a few opening-closings I realized that every time I open the folder anew, it gets repositioned a bit lower, diagonally. This wasn't...