Windows 10: Window Edge browser, no favourites sidebar on startup.

Discus and support Window Edge browser, no favourites sidebar on startup. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge is a great browser! However one thing I really miss from IE is having my favorites sidebar always visible at all times. With Edge you have to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by monahanz, Aug 15, 2015.

1. monahanz Win User

Window Edge browser, no favourites sidebar on startup.

Edge is a great browser! However one thing I really miss from IE is having my favorites sidebar always visible at all times. With Edge you have to select it EACH TIME and pin it to the window display. This becomes a real pain and seems unnecessary. Is it possible to configure the favorite’s sidebar to be always on by default? A real extra would be to have it on the left hand side again like IE which seemed to have this facility/capability just right.

The horizontal favorites across the top is useless because so few are visible.
    Hopefully somebody here can help me (No luck with other forums) else I'm going back to IE.

:)

monahanz, Aug 15, 2015

2. Adjust width of favourites sidebar in Microsoft Edge

I like to have my favourites pinned on the side whilst using Microsoft Edge, however, I have quite a small screen. Is it possible to adjust the width of the sidebar at all?

truffleshuffle75, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Caro53 Win User
    Importing favourites

I have windows 10 and two browsers - Microsoft Edge plus Internet Explorer 11. I know how to import favourites in edge from explorer. But I cannot figure out how to import favourites in explorer from edge.

In other words I want to import favourites from edge to explorer. Can anyone help please?

Caro53, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Welcome to the forums monahanz ! *Smile
    Edge is still in 'diapers', it'll 'grow up' soon.
    You could create a folder on the favorites bar which is quickly view-able with one click:

Window Edge browser, no favourites sidebar on startup. [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 15, 2015
  5. monahanz Win User
    Thanks for that suggestion. However its not really a good solution since you have to launch it each time. Will go back to IE 11 until Microsoft does it properly and has favorites on LHS/RHS at the users choice. Hate these mobile phone solutions at the expense of us desktop users.

Thanks again
    John

monahanz, Aug 15, 2015
  6. RonCFL Win User
    Man ... you might be the only one who thinks "Edge is a great browser!*" ..think again .... harder .. now ..go back to IE or chrome ..
    Sorry ..can't help it ..

RonCFL, Aug 15, 2015
  7. MJdelay Win User
    SERIOUSLY !? Is this a joke - Microsoft failed to put the favorites sidebar in the new EDGE browser... this is incredibly frustrating! Why do they continually make these windows systems intuitively less user friendly...ridiculous!!

MJdelay, Jan 22, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

No, that's incorrect. Edge does in fact have a favorites sidebar. The complaint is that you have to show it each time you restart the browser.

Mystere, Jan 22, 2016
  9. MJdelay Win User
    So where do i click to pin it on the left?? Ugh

MJdelay, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    You can't pin it on the left, but you can pin it on the right. By clicking the pushpin on the favorites.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window Edge browser, no favourites sidebar on startup. - Similar Threads - Window Edge browser

2. Edge Favourites Column Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favourites Column Size: Why is Microsoft not listening to everyone who has complained about the set width of the Favourites column in Edge. Many people have asked the same question. How can we alter its size? Edge is of no use to me and I shall uninstall it soon if I can't alter it....
  3. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  4. Favourites bar in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar in Edge: I would like my favourites bar in Edge to contain all the same favourites I have in Internet Exploer but after using settings/import favourites they dont appear. Is there a fold I can copy and paste them into or is there anotherway? 121748
  5. Syncing Edge Favourites

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge Favourites: I have used Firefox for years and it's hard to find much fault with it. But since converting to W10 I've mainly been using Edge as I wanted to understand it better. I've only run into one site where it just won't work but otherwise it's been fast and stable and I quite liked...
  6. Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise

in Browsers and Email
    Edge -Favourites -- no way to organise: Hi there When will Ms start realising that not everybody wants a browser that looks like it was designed for a mobile phone or a tablet. There's no way to organise the favourites unlike IE --even a simple sort is missing. You can create a new folder but why are we...
  7. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  8. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...
  9. Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...

in Browsers and Email
    Favicons in Edge Favourites Bar...: Since the last update, all the favicons in my favourites bar have changed to a 5-point star. If I hide, then show the favourites bar again via settings, the correct site favicons re-appear, but then revert to stars the next time I open Edge. Any ideas, please? 30390
  10. Edge Favourites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favourites Bar: Has anyone managed to drag and drop the Favourites into the Favourites Bar? It will only work if you import Favourites from IE it seems. *Sad 15573