Windows 10: Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors.

Discus and support Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having some problems after my Windows upgrade from 7 to 10, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction. Basically, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gr8sailor, Dec 30, 2015.

1. gr8sailor Win User

Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors.

I'm having some problems after my Windows upgrade from 7 to 10, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the correct direction.

Basically, I'm working on a multiple monitor system. When I move my mouse around the screen, windows changes the focus from the window that I'm working in (a spreadsheet for example), and starts entering data in any window i mouse-over.

I found a partial solution in the following thread.....but this only disables the window popping-up (the focus still changes).

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...ows-mouse.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

:)

gr8sailor, Dec 30, 2015
  2. George222(2), Dec 30, 2015
  3. Start menu does not open

Yes, I tried it. Win-P does not change the input focus in any way, so Cursor Up and Enter just go to the active window (Chrome).

I did look at the multiple display settings but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. There's just one monitor.

mgregory22, Dec 30, 2015
  4. gr8sailor Win User

Wow..... Anyone have some ideas on this?

gr8sailor, Jan 7, 2016
  5. bbinnard Win User
    My system has 2 monitors and I have never experienced this problem. Perhaps you have a custom mouse driver than needs fixing.

bbinnard, Jan 8, 2016
  6. gr8sailor Win User
    Maybe, as many driver issues as I've had...but it's just a generic USB Mouse...nothing special about it.

Never had a problem under Windows 7.

gr8sailor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Window focus changes when working on multiple monitors. - Similar Threads - Window focus changes

2. Multiple monitors not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors not working: Hi there, I have a Dell XPS laptop; dell docking station; and 2 dell monitors. The monitors are connected to the docking station via HMDI and Display Port cables. I can get the 3 screens to mirror each other on all screens no problem, but I can't get them to extend to all...
  3. Multiple monitors not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors not working: Hi there, I have a Dell XPS laptop; dell docking station; and 2 dell monitors. The monitors are connected to the docking station via HMDI and Display Port cables. I can get the 3 screens to mirror each other on all screens no problem, but I can't get them to extend to all...
  4. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  5. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 HDMI 1 DisplayPort 1 DVI on a GTX 1080 when I turn one of them off or turn them on the screen flashes black and my monitors position changes as well as the wallpaper how do I fix this, I wish I could turn monitors on and off without this happing...
  6. Multiple monitors keep changing position when I turn off/on one of the monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multiple Monitors Recently Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Monitors Recently Stopped Working: I'm running a triple monitor setup, which worked flawlessly until about 2-3 weeks ago. Now, my right monitor will not connect. When I view display settings, that monitor's "Multiple displays" option is set to 'Disconnect this display'. If I try to change it, it will try to...
  8. Multiple Monitor setup not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Monitor setup not working: Hi, I have a frustrating problem with windows and a new laptop running multiple monitors. I have 2 monitors that I would like to run, both are WQHD standard and happy to run at 2560x1440 resolution - a Samsung LC32JG50 and a Iiyama E2783QSU The new laptop is for work, and...
  9. Multiple window focus on pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple window focus on pc: Hi, I’m trying to play borderlands 3 split screen on my pc with my girlfriend. Now this game doesn’t support split screen natively so I have two separate windows of the game running on my pc and have joined both windows into the same lobby in game. Now I was wondering if...
  10. Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing to another desktop with multiple monitors changes desktops on both monitors. Is...: I have a Macbook for work, and I use multiple desktops all the time on it while also having an external monitor plugged in. Mac's default behavior when transitioning to another desktop is to only change the desktop on one of the monitors. I virtually never want to change...