Windows 10: Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List

Discus and support Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Window Icon, first icon on the taskbar is no longer graphical. Nothing happens when I left click on it. A right click brings up a long list... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lpatrick, Oct 11, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List

The Window Icon, first icon on the taskbar is no longer graphical. Nothing happens when I left click on it. A right click brings up a long list including Programs and Features, Power Options, Event Viewer, System, etc.. I do not recall changing any desktop settings. What did I do to cause this change? Could it be because I just starting using the Edge browser? How can I get the Window Icon to revert back to its original state?

See the example shown in the bottom left portion of the following image.

:)

lpatrick, Oct 11, 2016
  2. netmation Win User

Task Bar Open Applications Expanding Icon with Text, Turn Off?

Did this just change on my Windows 10 system? In the task bar my icons are expanding to an icon and about 20 characters of text when the application is open? Can not see anything in task bar setting to turn this behavior off? Any ideas, thanks.

netmation, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Deno206 Win User
    Windows 10, How does one increase the size of the tooltips text for icons on the Task Bar ?

I would like to increase the size of the tooltips balloon text Windows 10 icons on the task bar.

Currently the tooltips text size changes for the UI in browsers, Word, Excel only.

In earlier versions of Windows one could do this very easily , even changing the background and text colour.

One could have something like (TV news channels ticker tape ) e.g. black text (Size (e.g 22) according to preference) and yellow background.

On large TV screen (42 in), it is almost impossible to read the task Bar icons Tooltips text as it is too small in size from distance of say 3 metres /120 ins.

I have tried changing tooltips in the Graphic options, but it does not change the text size for the Task Bar icons tooltips.

With quite a number of users nowadays using the big TV screen, I would have expected this to be an option .

Deno206, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Window Icon on Task Bar Changed to Text List - Similar Threads - Window Icon Task

2. Task Bar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  3. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  4. Task Bar and Alphabetized List

Task Bar and Alphabetized List: Hello: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Desktop I updated an program. Afterward the entry for the program disappeared from the alphabetized list of the Start Menu. I searched for the executable and then right clicked and added to the task bar. An icon for the executable now shows...
  5. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge: I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon. My task bar Note that I am using Chromium Edge...
  6. Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?

Changing Status Bar Icon & Text?: [ATTACH] Not sure if these are generated by Classic Explorer or not, or if it's pulled from elsewhere like in past Windows versions, but I'd like to change the icon and text through the registry, if possible. This is on Windows 10 LTSB 2016, with Classic Theme on. Any help...
  7. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  8. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b
  9. Text on Task Bar

Text on Task Bar: My computer crashed a while back and I had it repaired online. After they completed the repair, they added their phone number to my task bar in case I needed them again. I want to delete the number but can't seem to be able to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
  10. Change icon in task bar

Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...