Windows 10: Window metrics, I never noticed

Discus and support Window metrics, I never noticed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You know the minimise / restore / 'X' buttons at the top right of every window? I only just noticed that the 'X' is no longer elongated; the buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by markweatherill, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Window metrics, I never noticed

You know the minimise / restore / 'X' buttons at the top right of every window?

I only just noticed that the 'X' is no longer elongated; the buttons are all square. This is for desktop as well as UWP programs (previously I know UWP UI had distinctively square buttons)

Ever since Windows Classic (Windows 2000 look) was no longer available in Windows 8, I hoped for a way to bring back those 'window metrics' (which I think define that look more than any colour scheme) but I'd about given up.

And this morning it struck me! Well, it's close enough to the old look that I'm satisfied, albeit bemused how I could have overlooked it until now. Am I being slow? When did it change exactly...?

:)

markweatherill, Oct 24, 2016

2. Change window colors and metrics

Well that was in true micro$oft tradition totally useless.

Normal user name 034653e, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Adapter priority setting unavailable in Windows 10

Hi there,

netstat -rn shows a change... with my wired card, though. So... I set the metric to 1000 for the wired connection, and voila... the 4G card has 281 set as "automatic" metric. So... one issue solved. Whenever Windows 10 downloads updates (it almost *never*
    does this, and we have a few test machines on the fast ring) - the wired connection is practically dead for all other machines. With the 4G card as backup, well... my laptop still does something on the net. A workaround for an issue that shouldn't be there
    in the first place.

with best regards

Jens

Jens Glathe, Oct 24, 2016
Thema:

Window metrics, I never noticed

1. Window metrics, I never noticed - Similar Threads - Window metrics never

2. Windows 10 values interface metric more than route metric, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 values interface metric more than route metric, how do I fix this?: I recently installed Radmin VPN, which added a high-metric default route and set its virtual adapter's interface metric to 0. Unfortunately so long as I keep the fake default route to 26.0.0.1, my internet connection is slowed as it for some reason tries that route first. I...
  3. Windows 10 values interface metric more than route metric, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 values interface metric more than route metric, how do I fix this?: I recently installed Radmin VPN, which added a high-metric default route and set its virtual adapter's interface metric to 0. Unfortunately so long as I keep the fake default route to 26.0.0.1, my internet connection is slowed as it for some reason tries that route first. I...
  4. Windows 10 values interface metric more than route metric, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Notices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Notices: I noticed this morning upon my computer boot and before the desktop appeared I received a notice for enhancing the Microsoft Edge browser.These enhancements would come if I decided in a package form too which two of them, I did not want. There was one I was just not...
  6. Windows Notices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Notices: I noticed this morning upon my computer boot and before the desktop appeared I received a notice for enhancing the Microsoft Edge browser.These enhancements would come if I decided in a package form too which two of them, I did not want. There was one I was just not...
  7. Weird services naming that I never noticed before and that there are zero google results for.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird services naming that I never noticed before and that there are zero google results for.: Imgur Today something was causing multiple instances of netsh.exe, conhost.exe and cmd.exe all opening at the same time and closing a second later. Something like eight instances of each process. They would all open simultaneously, then close a second or less later, and then...
  8. inches to metric

in Windows 10 Customization
    inches to metric: how do I change from inches metric on powerpoint https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inches-to-metric/ed015529-7d70-41bc-8078-04e6c220ca37
  9. Why Metric Print Pages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Metric Print Pages: My printers suddenly now only show printer pages in metric cm and there is no way to change that back to US paper sizes. I am in Canada and all was good until recent Win10x64 updates. How can this be fixed? Thanks...
  10. Bug i noticed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug i noticed: One of the things i noticed as far as bugs go; is it seems like every time there is a windows update for this tech preview; somehow something disables the working sound from my sound blaster sound card. I then have to go into device manager; uninstall it; then rescan for...