Windows 10: Window Resizes from sleep

Discus and support Window Resizes from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by taox, Oct 17, 2015.

1. taox Win User

Window Resizes from sleep

Hey guys. I need help. Windows 10 keep re-sizing my firefox windows when i wake up my computer from sleep. And the windows 10 start menu is also opens up. I would like to fix both these issues. THANKS!

:)

2. Screen looks strange after returning from sleep mode in Windows 10

Clean boot did not help. The problems still happened when performing a clean boot.

The screen still resizes to 1280*720 and then quickly back to 1920*1080 when resuming from sleep. A few of the strange side effects from the screen resize seems to have gone with the latest Windows update, but many of them remain.

Jesper92834, Oct 17, 2015
  3. BDO77 Win User
    How do I stop Windows 10 from resizing and repositioning my windows when my computer goes to sleep?

I've experienced this problem, as well for the past few months. Applications are resized and re-positioned upon wake from sleep. I've had the same Surface Book and external monitor (Dell U3415W) since January and a few months ago began experiencing this
    issue - presumably after an update.

Upon resume from sleep, my applications are resized in various ways. They are usually scrunched up in some manner on the left side of my monitor. Outlook, Excel and Chrome are what I use most and have to resize.

It is incredibly annoying as it takes time to find my applications and put them back in a usable condition.

BDO77, Oct 17, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Those are issues that have been known about with Windows 10. No time frame on the resolution of this problem.

bro67, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Window Resizes from sleep - Similar Threads - Window Resizes sleep

2. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  3. Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resizes and moves my windows after waking from sleep: Hi, How can I stop my windows and programs from being shifted to the Top Right hand side of my primary monitor after my computer wakes from sleep?SystemDesktop PC, Asus B540 MotherboardRyzen 5 5600x CPUAMD RX6700xt Graphics CardMSI G273Q Monitor Connected via Display Port...
  4. Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows are moved & resized after waking up from Sleep Mode.: When I put my computer to sleep with the Sleep button on my Microsoft keyboard, when I wake it up again, the windows are moved & shrunk to half the length of the screen. How can I prevent this?...
  5. Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep moving and resizing after monitors wake from sleep: I have dual monitors and every time they wake from sleep, the windows that are open in the second monitor are resized and moved to the primary monitor. This is incredibly frustrating because it disrupts my workflow and I have to rearrange my windows every single time I wake...
  6. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...
  7. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  8. Windows resizing and relocating after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows resizing and relocating after sleep: Following the major update that was applied on my PC on 19 Jan 2019 (build 10.0.17763), when my PC wakes up from sleep or even from the display just turning off and I click on apps that are minimized in the taskbar, the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left...
  9. Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Display Sleep = Windows Being Resized: I have tried out a few different monitors recently, but I just settled on the one I want to use. All was going well but after it wakes from "sleeping", the windows are being resized and moved. Perhaps there is some issue with drivers from the other monitors messing things up?...
  10. Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel NUC: windows resized after waking from sleep: System: Intel NUC 54250WYKH Monitor: Acer T232HL (1920x1080) OS: Windows 10 Pro (clean install) When my NUC wakes from sleep mode, existing windows are sized and positioned as if the display resolution had changed to a much lower value (e.g. 1024x768) during sleep but...