Windows 10: Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

Discus and support Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't run any application as admin. I get this message for anything I try. [img] I can't access the user account controls to change it because... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by colorfulpoet, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

colorfulpoet, Sep 25, 2017

2. Can't open Task Manager, run anything in Admin, programs don't respond in timely manner & can't open windows updates.

Hi,

Using Windows 10.0 (Build10240).

As with the title the list of issues I've found and recall so far are:

Can't open task manager

Can't open Windows Update (when I go to the setting the page just loads, I've left it for hours, it never comes up)

Some programs don't open and I get an error saying 'The program couldn't be opened in a timely manner' & some say 'program can't be opened now'

Google Chrome will open after 15~ minutes, crash and be unusable

Any setting, program or feature I try to run that uses admin privilages won't open.

Trying to go through setting and reset the button doesn't work, as with above, nothing happens.

I've tried several Windows mainenance programs that I've found on here, then when it gets to the point of needing admin access I can't run it I press the button and nothing happens. A few places say try to update, but I can't get to the update page and even
    if I download it, if it needs admin nothing will happen.

Anyone able to help? Apologies if this has been a known issue but i've not found an answer or fix.

AlexMcBride_790, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Can't open Task Manager, run anything in Admin, programs don't respond in timely manner & can't open windows updates.

Boot into Safe Mode then uninstall your Antivirus utility then enable to built in Windows Defender.

• Log out and go to the sign in screen.
    • Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
    • Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
    • Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
    • Click Troubleshoot
    • Click Advanced options
    • Click Startup Settings
    • Click Restart
    • Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode
    • Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.
    Uninstall your Antivirus.

If the problem persist after restarting, try initiating a startup repair:

Boot from the Windows 10 DVD

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

a) At the Install Now screen

b) Click Repair your computer

c) Click Advanced Options

d) Click Troubleshoot

e) Click Startup repair

f) Follow the on screen instructions

See if this helps

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

TairikuOkami, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Another question how do I sync my network to the administrator account. My download and document file is empty, and I have to click on network to be able to access those file.

6. Try3 Win User
  7. I got two separate accounts under administrator. The new one I somehow got my network files connected but now I have this microsoft account attached, and it won't allow me to take off the password. I don't want to have to type in my password or have my account attached. How do I solve this problem?

8. Bree New Member

Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

9. THanks Everyone! Everything as it was supposed to be.

colorfulpoet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

1. Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin - Similar Threads - Window Ten Can't

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program I also cannot run any new downloads. I also can not factory reboot my pc....
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  7. Can't run anything as admin anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run anything as admin anymore: [ATTACH] Help! Whenever I try to run something as an admin, the UAC pops up but there's no field to enter the admin password so it doesn't work. I can't even turn UAC on because I get a popup but same problem... Any idea? Build: 19042.870...
  8. Can't run almost anything as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run almost anything as admin: submitted by /u/moob9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/do6b4l/cant_run_almost_anything_as_admin/
  9. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095
  10. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...