Windows 10: Window to select file in Firefox isn't opening to current directory

Discus and support Window to select file in Firefox isn't opening to current directory in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok I reckon this is a Windows 10 problem because I don't think it existed before I switched to this version. When I upload a file, it defaults to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ironfist, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ironfist Win User

Window to select file in Firefox isn't opening to current directory

ok I reckon this is a Windows 10 problem because I don't think it existed before I switched to this version.

When I upload a file, it defaults to the last accessed directory. Awesome trait. But the concern is that it only happens on part of the window. So say the file I just uploaded is in file a/file b/file c/file d/ thus this is why it would open there. But on the left side of the window it happens to show C:\ I would think it should show all of those folders expanded. The inconvenience of this is that if I want to upload something from file a/file b/file c/, I have to go through all of those folders before I get to it. But if they were all accessible on the left, I could just choose the location I wanted. I mention this is a Windows 10 behavior because it happens in each program, not just Firefox.

:)

ironfist, Feb 8, 2017
  2. Zv0n Win User

Explorer.exe problem when opening file location

When I choose "Open file location" (no matter whether it's in Start, Chrome, Firefox...) the explorer window either shows up with file selected and then when closed opens again with the folder that contains the file opened, or opens with file selected for
    like half a second, closes and opens again with the folder containing the file opened but the file isn't selected. This is rather annoying, how can I fix this?

Side note: "sfc /scannow" didn't find anything

Zv0n, Feb 8, 2017
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Microsoft Edge and Firefox

There is another place to select Defaults. Open Control Panel. search for Defaults, open Default Programs and check the file associations that Firefox can open. Select them all. Every once in while when opening an html file, windows will ask if you want
    to use Edge instead. Select Always use Firefox.

mlg63, Feb 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Do not understand what you mean about using Firefox to open a directory. A Web Browser is not meant to be a replacement for Windows Explorer. Uploading within a Web Browser, you have to click on choose directory, then find the directory that you want it to use. Downloads should always go into the download folder.

bro67, Feb 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Window to select file in Firefox isn't opening to current directory - Similar Threads - Window select file

2. Visual Studio Code stopped opening terminal in current work directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Code stopped opening terminal in current work directory: A few days ago I was programming as usual and then I went to run my project, only for the visual studio code integrated terminal to tell me my file didnt exist. VS code for some reason started running all of my terminals in the windows powershell directory...
  3. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  4. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  5. File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Open/File Save: Jumping From Selected Directories: The left-hand pane of the File Open and File Save dialogs "jump" from the folder I have scrolled to back to the same folders that were shown when I opened the dialog. This occurs within a few seconds of clicking "open" or "save." I checked this community for solutions and...
  6. Windows Glitching and opening files not selected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Glitching and opening files not selected: Hey everyone So i got a weird issue happening. When i open up a file folder and select to say open Document 1, instead document 2 opens, then i click Doc 1 again, and Doc 3 opens. This is not restricted to a singe file, it happens like all the time, sometime i have to...
  7. Isn't there supposed to be a directory tree on the left that lets me select a folder? Why...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Isn't there supposed to be a directory tree on the left that lets me select a folder? Why...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LiterallyJohnny [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lved2j/isnt_there_supposed_to_be_a_directory_tree_on_the/
  8. Software for tracking opened files / directories

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Software for tracking opened files / directories: Hello fellow programmers. So i have a little problem that i have to find a solution for at work. I work in the design department of a tool shop. It happens quite often, that my coworkers and myself have to change something on an existing component in our tools. In some cases,...
  9. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  10. Way of opening selected files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Way of opening selected files: Heres my problem, Normally and befeore the problem starst - when I selected some files using CRTL or SHIFT button, and then double click lets say some photo, windows opens only the file i doubleclicked. Now when I select even 20 and more files and doubleclick the last...