Windows 10: Window turns black when moved from one screen to another

Discus and support Window turns black when moved from one screen to another in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10 and have been having quite a few problems. I've resolved most of them however can't work out why some programs will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Psysquirrel, May 21, 2017.

1. Window turns black when moved from one screen to another

I've just installed Windows 10 and have been having quite a few problems. I've resolved most of them however can't work out why some programs will start up fine but when I try to drag them to my third monitor, they the window goes black. When I return them to the original window, they're get their colour back. Other applications have no problem.

My device manager says that I've got two graphics adaptors, an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and a NVIDIA Quadro K100M. When I open the "Display settings" from the windows desktop it says that I have three screens (my laptop and two external monitors) however when I open the display adaptor properties then go to the Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel tab, the the graphics properties, the Display section and finally the multiple displays option, I only see two screens. I've tried upgrading the driver of both cards but to no avail.

When I move some other windows around (MS Word for instance) I don't get the black window problem however the window moves rather slowly. I'm thinking that perhaps I need to get my NVIDIA card to be handling the graphics but I'm not sure how to do this. When I disabled the Intel adapter, only two monitors would work.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Scottie.

:)

Psysquirrel, May 21, 2017

2. Picture folder crashing after downloading 10

In pictures, when I move a photo from one file to another my photo moves

but my screen goes black for a moment and the pictures folder is closed,

leaving me back at my desktop screen. It also happens when I exit my

photoshop.

milkman(2), May 21, 2017
  3. Megan305 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop PC Can't Turn On After Light Goes Dim

I am using a Windows 10 Desktop Acer PC. Usually when after inactivity my screen goes dim and then the screen goes black, but computer still running, and when I move my mouse or space bar I can usually get the screen back on. But every now and then when
    my screen goes black and I try pressing the keys or moving my mouse, the screen does not come back on and I have to wait until the fan turns off and the light slowly blinks and that is when I can finally turn the screen back on by pressing keys and moving
    the mouse. But most of the time I can move the mouse and press a key when it goes black right after it goes dim. How do I fix the problem from doing that to waiting until the fan turns off?

Megan305, May 21, 2017
Thema:

Window turns black when moved from one screen to another

1. Window turns black when moved from one screen to another - Similar Threads - Window turns black

2. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  3. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  5. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another: Here's how my system is setup now. Drive 1: Three partitions. Recovery, EFI system, and C: primary OS Drive 2: Two partitions. Recovery, D: secondary OSBoth C: and D: are Windows 10. Currently in a dual boot setup, it asks me at boot which partition to use. I want to delete...
  7. Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Windows 10 from one drive to another: Here's how my system is setup now. Drive 1: Three partitions. Recovery, EFI system, and C: primary OS Drive 2: Two partitions. Recovery, D: secondary OSBoth C: and D: are Windows 10. Currently in a dual boot setup, it asks me at boot which partition to use. I want to delete...
  8. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  9. "Screen suddenly begins moving from one site to another"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Screen suddenly begins moving from one site to another": Hello, I have a Windows 10 computer. It began happening almost 2 weeks ago. I can be on a website and suddenly the screen starts moving from the site I am on to other sites that I have used and did not close. It looks as if someone has taken over my computer. I did the...
  10. Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another: This seems to be a tedious process of going to the task view, then finding the window and right clicking and sending it to another desktop. Is there something simpler? I was expecting a right click on the taskbar would give this option, but it does not. Is there a keyboard...