Windows 10: window update restart need,

Discus and support window update restart need, in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update restart needed notification countdown to goodness when do you want to do the restart, problem is when you do the restart it does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ian NZ Young, Jul 14, 2018.

1. window update restart need,

Windows update restart needed

notification countdown to goodness when do you want to do the restart,

problem is when you do the restart it does not do the update

:)

Ian NZ Young, Jul 14, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond window update restart need, :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 14, 2018
  3. little cat, Jul 14, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

window update restart need,

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

window update restart need,

1. window update restart need, - Similar Threads - window update restart

2. Windows Update - It Needs To Restore Open Windows and Files On Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - It Needs To Restore Open Windows and Files On Restart: I've used several logical search terms and cannot see a result that deals with this issue which doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.Once again, Windows Update decided that my laptop was idle outside of "active hours" when I was pulling a late one last night and - to be frank -...
  3. Windows Update - It Needs To Restore Open Windows and Files On Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - It Needs To Restore Open Windows and Files On Restart: I've used several logical search terms and cannot see a result that deals with this issue which doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.Once again, Windows Update decided that my laptop was idle outside of "active hours" when I was pulling a late one last night and - to be frank -...
  4. “Windows need to restart to continue”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Windows need to restart to continue”: I just got my pc today, and I build it up perfectly, I was be able to go into Bios, but when I trying to install windows 11 using the win 11 USB, it just keep repeatedly “ windows need to restart to continue”. But when I restarted it, it didn’t continue the process, I had to...
  5. “Windows need to restart to continue”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Windows need to restart to continue”: I just got my pc today, and I build it up perfectly, I was be able to go into Bios, but when I trying to install windows 11 using the win 11 USB, it just keep repeatedly “ windows need to restart to continue”. But when I restarted it, it didn’t continue the process, I had to...
  6. Still need windows update after restarting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still need windows update after restarting my laptop?: Hello So I just updated my windows to windows 2004 version by clicking update and shutdown. But when I turned it on again, I still saw “Update and restart” and “Update and shutdown” on the start button. Pls. Help thank you in advance for the answers....
  7. 'Windows Needs To Restart' II

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Windows Needs To Restart' II: I keep getting these 'Windows Needs To Restart' where it does just that, restarts on me. I try and copy / paste the dmp file to my desktop in order to zip it and post to Onedrive, but I get this message. how do I get the administrator privileges? I recently had Win 10...
  8. "Windows needs to restart"

"Windows needs to restart": Yesterday I saw that message, sorry it might not be the exact message, then it had to collect data I think I think it said. I've only had Win 10 for a month so don't know how to find the crash dump. It might be related to the CPU overheating. Really hope someone can...
  9. Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update

Computer keeps "needing to restart" after update: Three days ago an update slipped through and since then my desktop has been suddenly going to a blue screen with a big "frown face" telling me there is an error and my computer has to restart. I have had this computer for a little less than a year and I have never had any...
  10. Why restarted need to install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why restarted need to install updates: Three updates were installed over two days. There was no indication that any updates were installed. I power down my computer every night. Today, while checking for updates, I found that I had these updates installed and there was an indication that a restart was needed. 1....