Windows 10: Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it

Discus and support Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm ready to turn on my computer and get to work. Too bad for me, because I won't be working any time soon. It says, " Working on updates 0%, Don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Why_so, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Why_so Win User

Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it

I'm ready to turn on my computer and get to work. Too bad for me, because I won't be working any time soon. It says, " Working on updates 0%, Don't turn off, This will take a while. WHY does it update when I turn it on?

:)

Why_so, Aug 23, 2018
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 23, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 23, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Window updating when I turn on the computer to use it - Similar Threads - Window updating turn

2. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot: I have windows 10 on my Desktop Computer 3in1 computer and after a series of update and restart any time I turn ON the mobile hotspot on my Computer, the entire computer hangs and all application stops working, Please what can I do about it?....
  3. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot: I have windows 10 on my Desktop Computer 3in1 computer and after a series of update and restart any time I turn ON the mobile hotspot on my Computer, the entire computer hangs and all application stops working, Please what can I do about it?....
  4. Computer Hangs When I turn On the Computer Hotspot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer has turned off when I am using it. Need help!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has turned off when I am using it. Need help!!!: I am using it and the computer turns off then restarts and I don't know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-turned-off-when-i-am-using-it-need/559542f1-b6d3-4d31-a6c1-2135e9ef2bba
  6. my computer stop working when i turn on the computer after update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my computer stop working when i turn on the computer after update windows 10: when i turn on the computer it turn into this.My wallpaper background are black but suddenly turn into this.a few second later it turn into this.This process is repeated so many times....
  7. BIOS turns on automatically when I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BIOS turns on automatically when I turn on the computer: Guys help please... submitted by /u/tesfayeonfroy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iucmbf/bios_turns_on_automatically_when_i_turn_on_the/
  8. I want No Password when I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want No Password when I turn on the computer: All I want is for it to not ask for a password and I want to remove the lock screen all together. The stupid lock screen comes on after a few minutes. I want my screen saver to come on, not the lock screen asking me for my password. I already went to netplwiz user accounts...
  9. When turning computer on it required me to use a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When turning computer on it required me to use a password: Hi, A long time ago I set my computer so that I had to log in with a password. I deleted the requirement a long time ago and just turn my computer on and I'm in. However, today I was required to sign in using a password. Thankfully I had the password saved in a safe place...
  10. WiFi turning off when using computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off when using computer: I can use the internet on my phone with no problems but whenever i connect my HP laptop to the internet, the Wi-Fi stops working and no devices including the computer can access the internet until i turn the laptop off. Please help!...