Windows 10: WindowBlinds 10 released!

Discus and support WindowBlinds 10 released! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] Skin your Windows Desktop Interface with WindowBlinds WindowBlinds 10.03 changelog: • Windows 10 Compatibility! • WindowBlinds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swarfega, Mar 15, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

WindowBlinds 10 released!

WindowBlinds 10 released! [​IMG]

Skin your Windows Desktop Interface with WindowBlinds

WindowBlinds 10.03 changelog:

• Windows 10 Compatibility!
    • WindowBlinds supports min/max/close buttons for universal applications
    • Three new skins from Danioc
    • Improved DPI scaling for large monitors
    • Improvements to LibreOffice skinning

Download

:)

swarfega, Mar 15, 2016

2. The Creators update for windows 10 left us with a black screen and cursor

Yes essentially that is what worked for us too - then it became a process of elimination, to find out which service was causing the black screen. For us, Windowblinds turned out to be the cause. Windowblinds has released a more recent version that supposedly
    avoids this issue, but we are just going to avoid Windowblinds because we know it is only a matter of time before Microsoft sends another update and this entire fiasco could start over again.

My daughter's computer looks ugly again with bare windows, but it works.

1morewilliam, Mar 15, 2016
  3. The Creators update for windows 10 left us with a black screen and cursor

Hi,

For us the problem turned out to be Windowblinds. Disabling it in the sysconfig /Services tab restored our interface.

Apparently Windowblinds has a fix for this in their newest version - but i have advised my daughter to finish university before she tries Windowblinds again - since Windows 10 can update at any moment and cause this problem again.

1morewilliam, Mar 15, 2016
  4. WindowBlinds 10 released!

Glad to see this finally released for Win10! Not many Win10 skins available yet on Wincustomize, but looking forward to their development.

garyowhere, Mar 15, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Nice!
    Still a few bugs but working.
    Thanks for the post! *Smile

Edwin, Mar 15, 2016
  6. mykou Win User
    Hi *Smile

Is windowblinds 10 able to use custom explorer background picture ?

I'm currently using visual style with patched files so will windowblinds works with or do we need to uninstall visual style / and get back original system files ?

Thanks

mykou, Mar 16, 2016
  7. Does it skin the start menu too or do you need to have Start10 installed?

I've been playing with it and cannot get it to skin the start menu

Dark Knight, Mar 16, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Yeah, you gotta install Start 10...

Edwin, Mar 16, 2016
  9. Just bought Object Desktop today because I wanted this and Space Monger. If you add just WindowBlinds to your cart, you may got a pop-up offering Object Desktop for $19.99. Not a bad deal at all.

Seems like I'll have to wait for a large selection of Windows 10 compatible themes, based on comments above.

DeaconFrost, Mar 16, 2016
  10. Edwin New Member
    Sweet deal!
    Thousands of free compatible themes:

WinCustomize: Explore : WindowBlinds

Edwin, Mar 16, 2016
  11. I downloaded a few from there today, but are they fully compatible with Windows 10? Some of the dates go back a few years...

DeaconFrost, Mar 16, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    You have to try them out, I guess; I got a couple that don't seem to render quite right, but no biggie; there's lots out there!
    And, if you've got some time on your hands, you could open Skin Studio and create your own.

Edwin, Mar 16, 2016
  13. WindowBlinds 10 released!

I can't get it to install. Get a sharing violation.

Edit: Turning off Defender allowed the install to complete.

blackroseMD1, Mar 17, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Cool!
    I had to agree to installing 'Fences' as well for it to work.

I really like the double click on the header to 'Roll Up' windows!
    Getting the hang of it along with snapping and dragging.

Edwin, Mar 17, 2016
  15. cradom Win User
    Ok, just bought and downloaded this. Am I reading this wrong? The license is only good for 1 year?
    Or is this something else?

cradom, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. WindowBlinds 10 released! - Similar Threads - WindowBlinds released

2. Next of Kin Data Release Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next of Kin Data Release Information: Good Morning!I was wondering how the Next of Kin process works in regards to the employer. I have read about the process and how it applies to the family members of the deceased, but how exactly would that apply to the employer side of things? Is there a way to access their...
  3. Next of Kin Data Release Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Next of Kin Data Release Information: Good Morning!I was wondering how the Next of Kin process works in regards to the employer. I have read about the process and how it applies to the family members of the deceased, but how exactly would that apply to the employer side of things? Is there a way to access their...
  4. Microsoft Updates Released Yesterday 10 APRIL 2024 KB5036892

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Updates Released Yesterday 10 APRIL 2024 KB5036892: This Update come along Yesterday And I had Major Problems installing, it failed to Install on Two of my Laptops error Code 0x80073712 Just Wondering if anyone else has had any Problems or Issues with this update this update is for version 22h2 x64 based systems...
  5. Microsoft Updates Released Yesterday 10 APRIL 2024 KB5036892

Microsoft Updates Released Yesterday 10 APRIL 2024 KB5036892: This Update come along Yesterday And I had Major Problems installing, it failed to Install on Two of my Laptops error Code 0x80073712 Just Wondering if anyone else has had any Problems or Issues with this update this update is for version 22h2 x64 based systems...
  6. Microsoft Updates Released Yesterday 10 APRIL 2024 KB5036892

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Re: Windowblinds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re: Windowblinds: I recently asked a question here about re-colouring my titlebars and so forth, in the same way as it could be done in Win 7. Specifically, I want to darken and / or re-colour the scroll bars. S.M.A.C.C was recommended and I DL'd it, although I have not installed it simply...
  8. Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 that are Like Windowblinds but that Work: Before using Windows 10, I enjoyed using Windowblinds. After Windows 10, I could not get the Windowblinds for Windows 10 to work. It would crash the system. Are there any dependable Windows 10 skins or skinning programs besides Windowblinds and the UltraUX Theme Patcher,...
  9. Stardock WindowBlinds

Stardock WindowBlinds: Was curious if anyone here uses WindowBlinds from Stardock? I thought about getting it, but I don't want any lagging or F-ups with it. My PC should run it. AMD Ryzen 8-Core with 16GB RAM, and a SSD. . 115000
  10. Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10: If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar configuration may get corrupted. This happened to me and in Win 10 a vertical taskbar takes up half the screen. A horizontal...