Windows 10: Windowed Mode G-Sync problem

Discus and support Windowed Mode G-Sync problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I seem to have an issue with Windows 10 Windowed Mode and G-Sync with any game that runs above the screen refresh rate and it's really beginning to bug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Swift0r, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Swift0r Win User

Windowed Mode G-Sync problem

I seem to have an issue with Windows 10 Windowed Mode and G-Sync with any game that runs above the screen refresh rate and it's really beginning to bug me.

Something in the Borderless Windowed mode seems to bypass any configuration I make and caps me at the refresh rate with G-Sync enabled. If I then switch to Fullscreen mode mid game with G-Sync still enabled the fps unlocks and sets itself much higher than the 143 forced setting.

I have tried both G-Sync and V-Sync options alone or together with the same outcome 143 frames. If I then go ahead and disable G-Sync for windowed and fullscreen mode and load the game in windowed mode the fps is uncapped, I don't understand it :/. G-Sync is not supposed to cap the frame rate at the refresh rate.

How do I fix this with Windowed Mode? I recently switched to a dual monitor set up so windowed mode would be great if I could fix this problem.

:)

Swift0r, Dec 23, 2016

2. Extreme stuttering on games/apps for some seconds with High-End-PC

Ok it took a few days for the insider preview updates to arrive, dont know why.

That didnt solve the problem, but I can say now, that 99% of the extreme stuttering is caused by G-Sync and two monitors! I even ordered a seconds (exactly same model) G-Sync monitor, but had the same problems.

When I deactivate G-Sync (Fullscreen and Window-Mode), then the problem seems solved.

So if anyone of you wants G-Sync and a second monitor: IT DOES NOT WORK!

VoodooDE83, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Mouse Lag On Some Desktop Applications

I had the same problem. I tried what you said but it didn't help. after a while i found out it was my G-sync Monitor. i set it to only sync in fullscreen mode and that solved it for me.

I hope it helps other people to.

RivalThompson, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Swift0r Win User

I made a slight mistake with the above post. V-Sync alone uncaps the frame rate in windowed mode.

It seems to be a Windows and G-Sync issue in Windowed Mode with any game that is capable of going beyond 144 fps, they are all being capped slightly below the refresh rate 142/143 fps without a cap in place.

If G-Sync is disabled windowed mode gaming is uncapped. If G-Sync is enabled in fullscreen the games are uncapped...As soon as I re-enable G-Sync with Windowed+Fullscreen the cap returns with fullscreen windowed, borderless mode etc.

Also, Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas to all, hopefully get a response soon.

Swift0r, Dec 23, 2016
  5. Swift0r Win User
    "Is there anybody out there?" *Yells*

I try not to double post, in this case triple post *Sad, but no one is responding *Sad.

Swift0r, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
    I dont use G-Sync or I would try and help. As it's the holiday have patience, someone will answer soon.

7. Swift0r Win User
    Okay, waited patiently *Wink for almost 2 days now. Anyone ready to help yet?

Swift0r, Dec 26, 2016
  8. Windowed Mode G-Sync problem

Running in Gsync it will be a little under the intial mhz of the monitor

if the max refresh rate is 144 it will be something like 143.9 because it will not fully max out because of that .1

Gsync caps the refresh rate in a lot of things such as benchmarks people didn't believe me when i told them but Gsync locks you in at the monitor refresh rate

if you are running a 2560x 1440 or higher it will stick with the monitors mhz and keep the frames to the same number Gsync locks what ever your monitor can do it was meant to scale and to keep the frames from tearing so pretty much it will allow you only as much as the monitor can support but will do it without tearing or input lag pretty much Gsync is a better Vsync with a higher cap value

solarstarshines, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windowed Mode G-Sync problem - Similar Threads - Windowed Mode Sync

2. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows applications. G-sync should not work in windowed applications if it is turned off in NVCP. But in my case even G-sync indicator...
  3. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering: I've run into a problem when mouse cursor stutters and monitor flickers monitor frequency drops when non-smooth animation is playing in some windows applications. G-sync should not work in windowed applications if it is turned off in NVCP. But in my case even G-sync indicator...
  4. G-SYNC works in windowed mode even disabled and causes stuttering/flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors: Pretty stoked that Nvidia are finally going to support adaptive sync Monitors to use G-Sync features. More can be found here on it: NVIDIA to certify Adaptive-Sync monitors to support G-Sync - VideoCardz.com 124923
  6. G-Sync not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    G-Sync not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you’re a PC gamer, then there’s a good chance you’ve heard of G-Sync. It’s a proprietary adaptive sync technology designed by Nvidia, and arguably, it’s the best in the business despite stiff competition from AMD’s FreeSync. G-Sync is all [...] This post Nvidia...
  7. Nvidia G-Sync not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia G-Sync not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you’re a PC gamer, then there’s a good chance you’ve heard of G-Sync. It’s a proprietary adaptive sync technology designed by Nvidia, and arguably, it’s the best in the business despite stiff competition from AMD’s FreeSync. G-Sync is all [...] This post Nvidia...
  8. G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?

G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?: Hi, I have a new laptop with G-Sync but I cannot see anywhere in the Nvidia Control Panel where I can turn this feature on or off... Some older tutorials point to a Display option in the Nvidia Control Panel but I only have the 3D Settings option... So how do I see the...
  9. G-Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-Sync: Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in global 3d settings, i have screen set to G-sync, and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games. from what i read, this...
  10. Monitor Questions G-Sync?

Monitor Questions G-Sync?: Recently built a new computer i7-7700k and used a GTX 1060. Am using a Samsung 24 inch lcd monitor that I have had for some time. It is a 5ms monitor. Not bad and I am wondering if upgrading to the more current monitor such as a G-Sync using the TN panel is something that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. g-sync mode autocad

2. windows 10 gsync not fully sync

3. gsync not working borderless

4. gsync widow mode break screensaver,
  5. G-Sync not working correctly in windowed mode july 2019,
  6. gsynce in windowed mode causes lag,
  7. windows mode and g sync,
  8. windows g-sync problem