Windows 10: Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

Discus and support Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up. I found "View... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by looping75, Jul 20, 2018.

1. looping75 Win User

Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up.

I found "View Downloads-Internet Explorer" page and many are, not sure all, are listed there in rows.

When I try to "open" one on the list I get a message, "This file might have been moved or deleted."

Several days ago my computer was "updated."

Can someone help me locate my pictures?

Thanks so much

:)

looping75, Jul 20, 2018

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Pictures disappearing from Windows Photo Album

Hi,

It seems the photos could've disappeared because of a corruption in the application. To address this issue, we suggest that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and fix for any issues within the Photos app. To run the troubleshooter, refer to this

link

You may also try creating a new user profile to see if this is just an issue within the current user profile. Check the links below on how to create a user account.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

Photos and videos

Hi Jani,

To better assist you with the phone photos and videos issues, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • Were you able to back up your phone before the issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

1. Windows !0 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared - Similar Threads - Yesterday photos videos

2. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...
  3. All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of a sudden my photos are disappearing from Microsoft photos: As I work on my recent vacation photos to upload to a share site, they disappear. I first selected my favorites and then I noticed the entire selection did not upload. I went back to redo the upload I notice my favorites were undone and no longer in my favorites folder. When...
  4. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My photos all disappeared win10: I was playing games and trying to save some game clips, but when i open my file explorer and click into "My Pictures" folder , it pop C:\User\Ian\Picture can't use..."I'm sure i didn't deleted any photos . It just suddenly disappeared. but my other files like document and...
  5. My photos all disappeared win10

My photos all disappeared win10: I was playing games and trying to save some game clips, but when i open my file explorer and click into "My Pictures" folder , it pop C:\User\Ian\Picture can't use..."I'm sure i didn't deleted any photos . It just suddenly disappeared. but my other files like document and...
  6. My photos all disappeared win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. All my pics and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my pics and videos disappeared: I don't know the specific date but some time between July 20th and 28th they all disappeared. I haven't deleted anything myself so I don't know what could have happened. This only thing of note that happened in that time period was a display driver update and the KB5003537...
  8. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  9. All my files and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my files and videos disappeared: Hi, My computer automaticaly uppdated Windows 10 this week the result was that all the files from my documents and all the files from videos disappeared.The only folders and the files that were not removed were the pictures and the music. I followed all the methods you...
  10. Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Yesterday all my photos and videos disappeared: My photos and videos have been located in "This PC>Pictures>Pictures. July 18, 2018 they all disappeared. I hadn't backed them up. I found "View Downloads-Internet Explorer" page and many are, not sure all, are listed there in rows. When I try to "open" one on the list I...