Windows 10: Windows 10 10240 RTM | Default User Taskbar Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 10240 RTM | Default User Taskbar Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have figured out how to change Default browser, default pdf reader, even think I can set the default start menu tiles but the last thing for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eric2XU, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Eric2XU Win User

Windows 10 10240 RTM | Default User Taskbar Icons

So I have figured out how to change Default browser, default pdf reader, even think I can set the default start menu tiles but the last thing for my corporate image that I need is to remove the edge browser from the taskbar.

I have great powershell code to add/remove taskbar icons but Edge is special and that code does not work.

Does anyone know how I can remove this? Its one of the last things holding me up from being ready day 1 to offer Windows 10 to my users.

TLDR | To be clear just need command line code to remove Edge from the taskbar. Anyone have any advise?

Please understand in my company of 100K employees, IE is the internal browser while Chrome is the external. Having Edge on the taskbar will creating a huge amount of support calls (especially given the icon looks alot like IE.)

:)

Eric2XU, Jul 20, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Settings and Updates

That's not the latest build. That's a beta Insider build that normal users cannot and should not upgrade to. The latest build is Windows 10 RTM - version 10240.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 20, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 10240 RTM | Default User Taskbar Icons

1. Windows 10 10240 RTM | Default User Taskbar Icons - Similar Threads - 10240 RTM Default

2. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  3. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar: Hi All,My User Pinned Taskbar Icons present in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar are NOT appearing in my Taskbar. Please help...
  4. User Pinned Taskbar Icons NOT appearing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Default/blank app icons on taskbar

Default/blank app icons on taskbar: About 50% of the time so far exactly every other time over several restarts I get the default application icons for anything I personally pinned to the task bar. This is a brand-new, fresh install of Windows 10 that I downloaded yesterday with the USB Creator Tool. I have...
  6. Windows default taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows default taskbar icons: Is there a way to change the icon or color of the windows start button on taskbar? same with search too. I’ve changed chrome, steam, discord , etc to red but I can’t find a way to change those icons. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Aymiry [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?: Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need a little help to navigate where and what to change, please help *Smile This icon appears when you open any folder....
  8. Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240: Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers. However, in Windows 10,...
  9. Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10 How to Change Default Icon for User's Files in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to change the default icon used for User's Files to any icon you want for your account in Windows 10....
  10. Microsoft: Windows 10 Preview Users able to Update to RTM

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 Preview Users able to Update to RTM: If you’re running Windows 10 Technical Preview on your computer, there’s no need to worry that you might lose all your files when the stable build of the OS comes out as Microsoft is working to make it possible to upgrade to RTM when it becomes available. Gabriel Aul, the...