Windows 10: Windows 10 10586.3 and slow login problem

Discus and support Windows 10 10586.3 and slow login problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. First post on this site, although I've actually been hovering around here for quite some time now..great site btw, useful and full with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MartinMDL, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MartinMDL Win User

Windows 10 10586.3 and slow login problem

Hello everyone. First post on this site, although I've actually been hovering around here for quite some time now..great site btw, useful and full with neat tips and tricks...so keep up the good work!
    Ok, now that I'm done with the pleasantries i'll get straight to the point *Biggrin:
    A few days ago I successfully upgraded my W10 10240 RTM PRO build to the new 10586.3 one, everything went fine. Unfortunately though I'm now faced with a problem I didn't have before: the login process is kinda slow. The OS is running on an SSD drive so it boots fine and quick, but then it hangs for 10-15 seconds (maybe more) on the welcome screen with my name, my avatar and the spinning circle. After browsing the web for some answers I tried everything I could find on the subject, including but not limited to:
    1. switching from an online account (@outlook.com) with a PIN login to a local account with no PIN nor PWD;
    2. disabling all non essential services from startup;
    3. disabling ipv6 from my network card properties;
    4. etc

none of these did the trick. I would also like to add that my background is a series of jpeg images, so no solid-color wallpaper which I read caused some login troubles on windows 7.
    Is there anything else at all that might be the cause of this? I didn't have this problem before, login was blazing fast (desktop would show a couple seconds later after entering my PIN number).
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

:)

MartinMDL, Nov 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 failed code 80240020. Three solutions/fixes available.

hey are you facing any problem in windows 10?

like not able to login in onedrive and windows store

or a slow start up

because im experiencing these problem.

miltonraj-790, Nov 15, 2015
  4. JIGSAW Win User

I'm with you on this one *Mad

JIGSAW, Nov 15, 2015
  5. razy60 Win User
    +1 on this but bizarrely my surface pro3 seems to boot the same?*Rolleyes

razy60, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Atomic77 Win User
    I guess it depends on the computer Windows 10 does seem to be a slower OS at times. But it is faster then the previous versions.

Atomic77, Nov 16, 2015
  7. JIGSAW Win User
    ^erm *sarc the welcome screen loading was fine before the update *Banghead

JIGSAW, Nov 16, 2015
  8. bro67 Win User

I found that Defender was the issue with my wife's laptop. Ended up replacing it with the McAfee version that ATT offers for U-Verse customers and the problems were gone. Also it depends on what else you have going on when you start up.

Have you set Defragger to Optimize the hard drive on a monthly basis, along with did a Disk Cleanup and went through the Dism Fix that is in the Tutorials?

Also shut down the Lock screen that comes up first and just go straight to the log-in screen. That helps to speed things up.

bro67, Nov 16, 2015
  9. He's running an SSD, so the Defragger shouldn't come in to play at all. McAfee is junk so you can surely find a better replacement, even free, if Defender isn't an option.

As for the OP, have you tried updating network drivers? The time you are seeing the delay is when Windows is typically trying to connect and verify log in credentials.

DeaconFrost, Nov 16, 2015
  10. MartinMDL Win User
    Yeah that's what I thought, so I updated the Intel network drivers to 20.4 if I'm not mistaken plus I switched to a local account removing all my credentials, so no more pin or password to log in. Unfortunately none of those solved it. Do you know of any other way to check or totally remove this credentials check? I'm starting to think it might be an update-related problem and we'll have to wait for Microsoft to fix it via security updates, if they ever will.. *Sad

MartinMDL, Nov 16, 2015
  11. First of all, make sure you have enable UEFI in your OS and also in your BIOS's setup, too =))
    And then, try remove the PIN, log on by password and MS account
    Make sure you have turned on Fast Startup in contro panel (require Admin's permision)
    Do not perform 3 methods at once, try each mothod each time and perform a clean restart * and perform 3-4 time for each method
    (* clean restart : I get that name from an IT, that mean you shutdown your PC first, then wait for 5-10 sec, then press power button again, and do not choose restart in power menu, remember to choose shutdown)

phamthanhnhan, Nov 16, 2015
  12. I'm dealing with almost the same problem.

Since the big upgrade, my BIOS loading-screen freezes(the dots stop moving), goes to full brightness for a second then blacks out, returns to normal brightness and continues. All of this happens in the course of like 3-5 seconds. I tried re-installing the Video Drivers in vain.

Lightslayer, Nov 16, 2015
  13. JIGSAW Win User

Explain *Huh

JIGSAW, Nov 16, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    Defrag handles Trim and only Optomizes to make sure that if a part of the memory is starting to fail. It will move it to a reserved slot and make that one active.

I disagree with you on McAfee. Because after testing everything out there. McAfee was the only one to not hog the CPU when you boot up or it decides to suddenly scan like the Stupid Windows Defender likes to do.

I do not go by what the likes of PCMag or some forum decides. I have one machine reserved that is for nothing else but software testing for clients.

bro67, Nov 16, 2015
  15. bro67 Win User
    Disregard the Fast Startup comment. It has been known to cause problems with certain motherboards and Bios's that still do not play well with Hibernate.

bro67, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 10586.3 and slow login problem - Similar Threads - 10586 slow login

2. Windows 10 slow login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow login: Hello, every time I start my PC its starts fast but when I log in its taking a long.how do I fix that?Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-login/6231be73-78f6-4640-8367-8c894b59ae85
  3. Windows 10 slow login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slow login: hi, everytime I start my PC its starts fast but when I login its taking long. how do i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-login/8721de7a-15c8-45b7-b919-3fd504ad7737
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 Failed 3 times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586 Failed 3 times: I have a 4 week old HP notebook with Windows 10 already installed. The above Upgrade (Update??) has failed 3 times & I suspect it is the root of other problems (Can't create more user accounts, can't sign in to Cortana.) According to the web others are experiencing the...
  5. Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586: Keep repeating on the update and won't update it... [img] Any solution? 37910
  6. 10586 network problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    10586 network problems: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...864d59f?page=1 31148
  7. Windows 10 x64 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 x64 10586: Hi, Anybody know what KB 3118754 does? 30566
  8. Installation Problem (BUILD 10586)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problem (BUILD 10586): Hi...I am on windows 10 home edition ... yesterday i download build 10586 .iso directly from microsoft site since i am unable to download it from windows update...first i try to make it bootable to flash drive using rufus and ran "setup.exe" file but installation disappears...
  9. Windows 10 Build 10586 (TH2) Update Problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 10586 (TH2) Update Problem.: I used the Media Creation Tool to perform the update to 10586. I have W10 Pro x64. All appears to be fine except for one thing. When I go to PC Settings|Update & security|Recovery and click on 'Restart now' my PC does an ordinary restart. It no longer shows the Advanced...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing Problems, Internet Connections, Slow Login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing Problems, Internet Connections, Slow Login: I've had nothing but problems ever since I upgraded to windows 10. I was forced to revert back to Windows 7 after a 1 hour (not exactly, I stopped paying attention to it while it was going) of it updating. The moment I got started I got hit with a major inconvenience. I had...