Windows 10: Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

Discus and support Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tpc473, Jul 25, 2018.

1. tpc473 Win User

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but can't. Even turned off windows upate automatcaly with the command prompt. This has been going on since May. Want to revert back to my original Windows 7 that came preinstalled on my Compresario CQ57-339WM Notebook PC but don't have discs. Support has been not helpful because I have to tell them over and over again. Had someone remote in in May ans set my machine to ignore but that failed too. HP unable to help.VERY Frustrated. Please help. Thanks.

:)

tpc473, Jul 25, 2018

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

repeated failure to upgrade to windows 10

Hi Belinda,

I apologies for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Method 3: Place the computer in Clean Boot and then install the updates

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Refer the article below to perform clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please refer to the section:
    How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

1. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures - Similar Threads - 1083 update repeated

2. PC Repeated failure to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Repeated failure to update: The HP laptop of a relative has failed to update its Windows to ver. 20H since May. A main concern for me is how long it takes to update as it is a 2017 pc yet could take hours to undergo the process; from eight am to nine pm. All this to just restart and show that it has to...
  3. PC Repeated failure to update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Repeated failure to update: The HP laptop of a relative has failed to update its Windows to ver. 20H since May. A main concern for me is how long it takes to update as it is a 2017 pc yet could take hours to undergo the process; from eight am to nine pm. All this to just restart and show that it has to...
  4. PC Repeated failure to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Repeated failure

Repeated failure: Repeated failure to update to install update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems KB4049411 and KB4033631 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repeated-failure/0276cd37-f4a8-4a2f-8d4a-6ff13c083da2
  6. Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update

Windows 10 1903 1909 repeated failure to update: Hi I've had this now since at least September. I've tried just about every solution suggested on these forums and online. Everytime the same, it downloads, says it's installing but fails and then just repeats the process. I've been through the windows set-up process,...
  7. Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903

Repeated failure to update Windows 10 1903: I'm getting an error when I try to run windows update. I stops on and asks me to uninstall a app on the pc. But when I try to uninstall that app, the uninstall hangs when it looks for a file that doesn't exist in the pc....
  8. 1903 Repeated Update Failures

1903 Repeated Update Failures: I cannot successfully update my Windows 10 installation to version 1903. The system attempts to install, fails at around 24% and rolls back changes with the error code 0x8007042b. I have attempted a number of solutions (DISM, SFC, Uninstalling 3rd party AV etc). I...
  9. windows 10 home version 1083

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 home version 1083: How the heck do I network 2 windows home computers that are version 1083, homegroup in this version has gone away. I need to network these two computers so I can share files between them. Any help is appreciated...
  10. 1083 update fail?

1083 update fail?: We have 2 laptops both originally win7 but upgraded to win 10. Yesterday whilst running a backup to an external hard drive the update kicked in , we lost the backup and now we have desktop access denied together with a black screen,recycle bin, aircraft symbol, not able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows home 1083

2. windows update 1083 failed

3. Microsoft - Printer - 9/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 11.40.32.963 - Error 0x8024200b

4. windows 10 1083 update download,
  5. windows 10 1083 update,
  6. windows update repeated failure,
  7. 1083 update,
  8. windows update 1083,
  9. windows 1083 update problems,
  10. 1083 INSTALL,
  11. running windows 1083,
  12. windows 1083 update,
  13. window 1083 update device driver conflict,
  14. update and repeated,
  15. Microsoft - Printer - - 11.40.32.963