Windows 10: Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG)

Discus and support Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here. May be there is not the place to log,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chybeat, Nov 22, 2015.

1. chybeat Win User

Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG)

Hello, my native language is spanish but I will try to "make to undestand" all thigns that I will write here.

May be there is not the place to log, but is my first time testing the installation to sysprep and image Windows 10 1511 (10586.0), and perhaps help to others.

This log becomes updated but, it's created and started 23-Nov-23015 8:05 am (GMT -5)

I use:A. Computer
    • Core i5 4th Gen
    • HDD 500GB (2 partitions: SO,Utils & data)
    • 8GB RAM
    • Asus Impact VII (Used because have: UEFI BIOS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and is Mini-ITX *Biggrin )
    • DVD Drive
    B. Windows 10 Home Single Language DVD
    Let`s go..

0. Go offline: I unpluged the LAN cable to prevent Windows Update (I'm a driver paranoid and do not want that). For updates, later I will use "a solution" from WSUS.

0.a I Powered on the computer and insert the Windows 10 DVD installer, then... ok ok, I will not write the obvious....

1. When the installation finish, because the built-in wireless card was detected, the first screen is for connect to a wi-fi net (not the quickstart screen) when pressed the SHIFT+CTRL+F3 keyboard combination to enter in audit mode, an installation error appears. To solve I just cliked on "omit this step" link, and works... I'm on audit mode!!

See: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 25 - Windows 10 Forums Part 1.1 for referals.

2. Next I changed the emphasis color to blue, activated the start, tastk bar, tittle bar (awesooome) etc. color, because I hate the white simple color when focus. This is the personalization step for my preferences, task bar for group items when is full, etc. In Windows Explorer I change the "follow my clicks in tree", show menu always, all files, empty drives... and a lot of thinks like that, shuch the pined links in Start (personalization)
    Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG) [​IMG]

3. Installing the "soft software", that minds apps or utilities, for make windows more powerfull, for example, activate 3.5 .Net Frame work*, install c++ packages, 7-zip, Cmaptools, Filezilla, Opera, Mozilla, Winamp, and etc., etc., etc.

3a. In this step, I use a very special feature: Install the software, then configure. Ej In 7-zip the file association can be set for .iso files, and makes the right click over files a clean context menú using cascade menu, etc. In the browsers I set the home page to Windows 10 Forums ..... ok, really is google, but those are the things I did.

4. Insalling the "Hard Software", or software that may be required a computer restart after installation

*For .Net FrameWork 3.5 activation, insert or mount the DVD of WIndows and run this : Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:X:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess (X = DVD Letter)

This will be updated...

:)

chybeat, Nov 22, 2015
  2. cbaxtervb Win User

Sysprep and WIndows 10 Problems

Also,

I am using WDS on a Windows 2012 vm server to deploy and capture these images. Is there anyway to capture these images without using the sysprep tool? It seems sysprep is removing these apps and making it so office apps will not launch.

All is fine when I capture a Windows 8.1 image. The Windows store is there and all the office apps launch ok. This is only when I try to capture a Windows 10 build 1511 image.

Thanks for all your help!

cbaxtervb, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Internet Explorer hangs running ActiveX scripting after sysprep

I've seen the exact same symptoms as you. On a syspreped Windows 10 x64 build 1511 system, Internet Explorer hangs and eventually crashes on sites using ActiveX scripting. Disabling ActiveX scripting, running IE as administrator or unchecking protected
    mode for the zone makes IE operational again. I built this image straight from the build 1511 ISO. I did not see these symptoms on the previous image I had made before build 1511.

JonathanMSD, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG)

1. Windows 10 1511 sysprepping and imaging (LOG) - Similar Threads - 1511 sysprepping imaging

2. Will Sysprep clear the audit logs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Sysprep clear the audit logs: Hi,I wanted a confirmation on, Does shut downing instance with sysprep clear the audit logs generating windows event id 1102Regards,Anjani CM* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  5. Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - How To Create A Generalized Image With Sysprep?: Hello everyone, I was wondering on how to create a generalized Windows 10 image with Sysprep? I've looked at various guides on the internet that show how to do this, but they seem to be out of date and are missing certain details. For example, do I have to install...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro - Imaging / SysPrep / Activation Key: We recently took delivery of 50 new PCs with Windows 10 Pro installed. I'd like to create a single image that I can copy to all of them. We've built one PC to our requirements. I've then been reading up on SysPrep tool to strip back the Machine SID, and activation key...
  7. Failure in Sysprep building install image

Failure in Sysprep building install image: I am the manager of a group refurbishing computers for children and needy adults. We were doing Windows 7 until it was stopped. I am trying to build an image in Windows 10 which maintains the look and feel of the Win 7 machine. I have not made any change to anything in the...
  8. Windows 10 - unable to build a sysprep image without OOBE

Windows 10 - unable to build a sysprep image without OOBE: I am building a custom Windows 10 image version 1703. I want to create an image where I do not want an OOBE experience for new users. However, I am just not able to achieve that. I have run into multiple issues and have been digging around the issues for weeks now. I have...
  9. Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine

Capturing syspreped image on virtual machine: Hello, and Merry Christmas to all! i have syspreped win10 32 bit 1511 virtual machine. problem is i cant capture .wim file. i tried for months all tutorials, and various virtual patforms (VirtualBox, Hyper-V, and VMware, which iam using right now) i try imagex, macrium,...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...