Windows 10: Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix

Discus and support Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just noticed in my networks settings under connections it Says Ethernet 2 & Wi-Fi I cant change the name just to Ethernet & says being used. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrSysop, Sep 14, 2016.

1. DrSysop Win User

Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix

I just noticed in my networks settings under connections it Says Ethernet 2 & Wi-Fi

I cant change the name just to Ethernet & says being used. I had disabled the on board nforce as it wasn't compatible to windows 10 & uninstall the drivers then installed a realtek one. Is there a way to clear old hardware left over in the registry? i search for Ethernet 2 & saw realtek nic card & also saw old settings Local Area Connection 9,8,7 etc from windows 7 & deleted all of them I also deleted Ethernet 2 & uninstalled nic card & tried to reinstall it same thing goes to Ethernet 2. I did see my old nforce in registry & delete it as well as it disabled in bios. I not see just Ethernet in registry so I wonder why it's used as I cant rename it.

Thanks

:)

DrSysop, Sep 14, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

New computer: Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

Are your Network Card drivers up to date?

Have you checked using another Ethernet cable?

Can your ISP offer any help?

[solved] Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration Solved - Windows 10 Forums

‘Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration’ Notification in Windows 8.1

‘Ethernet Doesn’t Have A Valid IP Configuration’ Notification in Windows 8.1 - Windows 8

windows 10 ethernet not a valid IP configuration - Recherche Google

Linney, Sep 14, 2016
  3. prestohey Win User
    force a network adapter to acquire an IP address in Windows 10

Hi, tried everything to attain ethernet connection using the ethernet adapter.

message/error -'ethernet adapter as no valid ip address'

Tried-resetting the isp router & manual installation of the adapter updating drivers & rolling back and uninstalling the drivers.

TriedManual insertion of ip, subnet & default settings in adapter properties

Tried registry settings & cmd settings from the microsoft support site

'nothing as worked so far' any ideas please !

Toshiba-P70-B-11U

Part Number

Serial Number

windows 10 home 64 bit

version 1607

os build 14393.105/969

thanks

prestohey, Sep 14, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It will clear out on its own. The so called Registry tools are a hit or miss. Just have to remember to backup your registry and OS to a Restore point before using something like CCleaner.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  5. DrSysop Win User
    I just also put a new WiFif card in & uninstalled the old one & now it says Wi-Fi 2 What is with this new 1607 build? about to reformat & go back to 1511 Its annoying as it thinking my old devices are there & its not

DrSysop, Sep 15, 2016
  6. DrSysop Win User
    I got it fixed by going into device manager looked for disabled devices & saw my old WiFi card & deleted it from there & renamed the Wi-Fi 2 to Wi-Fi, I didn't find my old Ethernet nforce network card in there but using regedit I searched for Ethernet 2 & saw it & renamed it to Ethernet & worked. While I was in there i not see any strings with Ethernet or Wi-Fi but did see Local Area Connection 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 from Windows 7 & tried to delete them & worked but came back after reboot so I assume Windows 10 using them old strings for something. Just strange after upgrade all this happens from Windows 10 1511 to 1607 ...

DrSysop, Sep 15, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    It has nothing to do with Windows 10, so stop trying to make up some type of analogy. All Operating Systems number their devices sequentially if they are the same device when reinstalled. If you want to change the name, just go into the adapters and change it. Uninstalled devices and the drivers clear out of the Registry after Windows does its houskeeping when you reboot or boot back up.

bro67, Sep 15, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Nothing strange about you. You stated why you are seeing that information. If you do not want it there, then do a clean install of Windows 10. Nothing has changed since Windows 98.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1607 & Ethernet card question & fix - Similar Threads - 1607 Ethernet card

2. Windows 10 - No Ethernet Card 2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - No Ethernet Card 2020: All solutions, I have found, to the above problem, rely on the Ethernet Card being visible in Device Manager. Windows 10 cannot see the Ethernet HP 655 Laptop Realtek built in device. I added Ubuntu 18.04 as a dual boot - it finds and uses the ethernet without problem. I...
  3. Ethernet Card Unstable!

Ethernet Card Unstable!: I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop. The Ethernet Card iseems so have some connectivity issue and I have to wiggle the cord to get it going at times. It is not the cord itself (we've tried 3 different ones) but something in the card. Problem is that the Ethernet is part of the...
  4. Ethernet Card Unstable!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Card Unstable!: I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop. The Ethernet Card iseems so have some connectivity issue and I have to wiggle the cord to get it going at times. It is not the cord itself (we've tried 3 different ones) but something in the card. Problem is that the Ethernet is part of the...
  5. ethernet card update

ethernet card update: can I update my laptop with a new gigabyte Ethernet Adapter. The old card transmit at 100/100. I need a faster adapter for my dell win 10 laptop. What are the problems associated with this update?...
  6. Question re update to win10 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question re update to win10 1607: Yesterday my laptop was updated to Windows 10 1607. I'm having problems since that update. I now have no folder that simply says pictures...only "saved pictures". Also my virtual keyboard doesn't appear like it did before on start...a small problem, but the picture folder...
  7. Build 1607 kills ethernet with wrong driver, fixed but how to keep?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 1607 kills ethernet with wrong driver, fixed but how to keep?: Windows Update to Build 1607 (Pro) installs a newer ethernet driver (but with an older version number??) which doesn't work. Driver roll back option in Device Manager is then greyed out. If I unwind the 1607 update the driver roll back option is then available, and the...
  8. New build 1607 taskbar question

in Windows 10 Support
    New build 1607 taskbar question: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 & it installed the new build 1607 & I also have build 1511 on my other machines. On build 1607 is the clock on lower right side in task bar suppose to be to the left of notifications? unlike build 1511 clock all way to the right last icon...
  9. Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 1607 Fast Startup question: I already had hibernation disabled when update to 1607 (anniversary job) came today (and was flawless, in under an hour). I wanted to make sure fast startup continues to be off because dual boot with windows 7 didn't like fast startup. But after this update to 1607 both...
  10. 1607 to 1703 question?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1607 to 1703 question?: Is it worth the upgrade, and how much bigger is 1703 update ? Running out of room Thanks Gary 87625