Windows 10: Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

Discus and support Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I deploy Win 10 1703 using MDT 6.3.8330.1000 Everything works fine exept TPM. I get the following Message in tmp.msc status section: The TPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FreddyD, May 3, 2017.

1. FreddyD Win User

Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

I deploy Win 10 1703 using MDT 6.3.8330.1000

Everything works fine exept TPM.

I get the following Message in tmp.msc status section:

The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality. Information Flags: 0x2900
    The TPM owner authorization is not properly stored in the registry.
    Windows's registry information about the TPM's Storage Root Key does not match the TPM Storage Root Key or is missing.

In Action menu of tpm.msc I only can "prepare TPM" (greyed out) and "delete TPM"

It sound like its gonna be solve by the following KB, but it isn't:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ployment-of-wi

Using the same mdt for deployment but exchanging the wim file with a 1607 build image, TPM works fine.

Installing 1703 from USB stick I have the same issue.

:)

FreddyD, May 3, 2017

2. TPM not recognized on boot with BitLocker after installing Windows Creator Update

I think I fixed this problem by checking the TPM status here:

Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

That showed an error code of reduced TPM functionality flagged as 0x900:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nality-mode-after-successful-deployment-of-wi

I then cleared the TPM following these instructions:

View status, clear, or troubleshoot the TPM (Windows 10)

My computer is recognizing the TPM now on every boot! Make sure you have your data backed up because there is a risk that clearing the TPM could lock you out of it according the the instructions from Microsoft.

TechJunkie913, May 3, 2017
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    TPM with reduced functionality

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 deliver a number of enhancements that streamline TPM provisioning, making it easier to deploy systems that are ready for BitLocker and other TPM-dependent features. These enhancements include simplifying the TPM state model to report Ready, Ready
    with reduced functionality, or Not ready.

With regards to the issue that you are facing, I would like you to post your query with TechNet
    for better assistance.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Thank You.

Pavan_N, May 3, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

1. Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900 - Similar Threads - 1703 TPM reduced

2. TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM: Why don't I have TPM enabled on my Dell processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm/5f351358-6013-4478-8076-7613e07cccbe"
  3. Windows 10 Errors TPM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Errors TPM: I Window 10 Errors in TPM system crashes as well as slow and lagging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-errors-tpm/2f19ed0b-fde5-429a-a599-19cc1b361054
  4. TPM or NO TPM That is the Question

TPM or NO TPM That is the Question: I have an Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WI-FI-AC and, even though this is built for gaming I use it for everyday work. I have two Two Samsung SSD's, the 970 Pro M.2 which is C drive and the 860 Evo is is D drive. I have done a lot of reading about the TPM that goes to this board...
  5. Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function: I have Windows 10 ver 1703 installed on my computer. Everything installed correctly and I have applied all updates. When I click the Start Button nothing happens. If I strike the Windows button on the keyboard nothing happens. I cannot type in the Search Bar. If I right...
  6. Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed is reduced on Windows 10: Hello, Dear Microsoft Community, I've felt that my wifi speed on my windows 10 device is getting slower, while on my smartphone it is always consistent, I would appreciate if you share with me tips to accelerate my wifi speed on Windows 10! Thanks in advance!...
  7. TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM: My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please?? Also I don't understand this TPM log: TPM Device Information -TPM Present: True -TPM Version: 2.0 -TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX -TPM Manufacturer...
  8. tpm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tpm: It says to clear my TPM I don't know what that is??? Should I if I should what and where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tpm/f2604ad9-41af-4133-898d-b07a92e90aed
  9. Compatible TPM not found Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Compatible TPM not found Windows 10: Hi there, about close to a week ago, my Windows Defender Security Center notified me to 'fix functionality issues' regarding my security processor. Refer to image below. [ATTACH] I have followed the instructions laid out to resolve this issue as can be seen in the image...
  10. TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker

TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker: Hello. I often browse the TenForums (and the forums for the other Windows versions too), since there are many helpful guides and tools here for whenever I'm having troubles. However, this time I've made an account to make a thread, since there wasn't a similar problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the tpm owner authorization is not properly stored in the registry