Windows 10: Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

Discus and support Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I deploy Win 10 1703 using MDT 6.3.8330.1000 Everything works fine exept TPM. I get the following Message in tmp.msc status section: The TPM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FreddyD, May 3, 2017.

1. FreddyD Win User

Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

I deploy Win 10 1703 using MDT 6.3.8330.1000

Everything works fine exept TPM.

I get the following Message in tmp.msc status section:

The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality. Information Flags: 0x2900
    The TPM owner authorization is not properly stored in the registry.
    Windows's registry information about the TPM's Storage Root Key does not match the TPM Storage Root Key or is missing.

In Action menu of tpm.msc I only can "prepare TPM" (greyed out) and "delete TPM"

It sound like its gonna be solve by the following KB, but it isn't:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ployment-of-wi

Using the same mdt for deployment but exchanging the wim file with a 1607 build image, TPM works fine.

Installing 1703 from USB stick I have the same issue.

:)

FreddyD, May 3, 2017

2. TPM not recognized on boot with BitLocker after installing Windows Creator Update

I think I fixed this problem by checking the TPM status here:

Verify Trusted Platform Module (TPM) Chip on Windows PC

That showed an error code of reduced TPM functionality flagged as 0x900:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nality-mode-after-successful-deployment-of-wi

I then cleared the TPM following these instructions:

View status, clear, or troubleshoot the TPM (Windows 10)

My computer is recognizing the TPM now on every boot! Make sure you have your data backed up because there is a risk that clearing the TPM could lock you out of it according the the instructions from Microsoft.

TechJunkie913, May 3, 2017
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    TPM with reduced functionality

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 deliver a number of enhancements that streamline TPM provisioning, making it easier to deploy systems that are ready for BitLocker and other TPM-dependent features. These enhancements include simplifying the TPM state model to report Ready, Ready
    with reduced functionality, or Not ready.

With regards to the issue that you are facing, I would like you to post your query with TechNet
    for better assistance.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Thank You.

Pavan_N, May 3, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900

1. Windows 10 1703 TPM reduced functionality 0x2900 - Similar Threads - 1703 TPM reduced

2. SEARCH - OPTIONS - functionality reduced?

in Cortana
    SEARCH - OPTIONS - functionality reduced?: After one of the updates, the search options are not visible. Only after you do a dummy search does the option menu appears. Why? Also, once you do step 1, there is no longer an option to search by custom date??? What gives?. Is this another so called IMPROVEMENT?...
  3. The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality

in Windows 10 News
    The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality: [ATTACH]If after a successful deployment of Windows 10 and you notice that the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is in reduced functionality mode, then this post […] This article The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows 10 mobile version 1703

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mobile version 1703: Hello Microsoft, so I bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 for my birthday and updated it to windows 10 mobile version 1703 and whenever I open Gameloft hub or Xbox console companion and a few other apps, they crash and go back to my homepage (start) i don't know what is the problem...
  5. Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ver 1703 Start Button does not function: I have Windows 10 ver 1703 installed on my computer. Everything installed correctly and I have applied all updates. When I click the Start Button nothing happens. If I strike the Windows button on the keyboard nothing happens. I cannot type in the Search Bar. If I right...
  6. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  7. TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker: Hello. I often browse the TenForums (and the forums for the other Windows versions too), since there are many helpful guides and tools here for whenever I'm having troubles. However, this time I've made an account to make a thread, since there wasn't a similar problem...
  8. Windows 10 update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  9. Windows 10 version 1703 Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1703 Defender: Since the last update on 12 Apr 2017 (Creators update) I can't find out how to manually scan my computer with Defender. (interface has completely changed) The update went flawless and in the taskbar I can see the Defender icon. Opening that icon, Defender says that "my...
  10. Win 10 CU 1703 search function issue with third parts applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 CU 1703 search function issue with third parts applications: hello as the title say, it's my problem. the problem: press windows key and start typing "control panel" or "notepad" or "paint" ecc... the search function WORKS but, if i start searching for my custom app, fox example "teracopy", "opera browser" ecc, the search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the tpm owner authorization is not properly stored in the registry