Windows 10: Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection

Discus and support Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 3 windows 10 1703 machines on a Metered connection, however windows update just installed KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413) on each of them over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ansentry, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ansentry Win User

Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection

I have 3 windows 10 1703 machines on a Metered connection, however windows update just installed KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413) on each of them over the last 2 days why? Metered connection is set to "ON".

Any advise would be appreciated.

:)

ansentry, Jun 15, 2017
  2. Edwinski Win User

Windows 10 PC Windows Defender Update with Metered Connection

Hi... is there away to configure Windows Defender to Auto Update over a Metered Connection ?

I use a 'Mobile Hotspot' from my Tablet, ( 4G ), to connect to my Windows PC via WiFi. ;

this connection is then set to Metered Connection = ON .

It would be nice to have a 'Defender' setting to override this ?

Every morning, I do a manual update.

I am running the latest version on Windows 10 ; which automatically sets Windows Update ON. :

2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788) .

I change Metered Connection to OFF when 'Windows' updates are available .

***Moved from:
    Install, upgrade & activate***

Edwinski, Jun 15, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The wording of the update settings change subtly for 1703, some updates will now be downloaded over a metered connection...

Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection [​IMG]

5. ansentry Win User
    Bree,

Thanks for your quick response, nothing I can do but live with it.

ansentry, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection - Similar Threads - 1703 updating Metered

2. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  3. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  4. Windows 10 Updated Without Permission Over Metered Connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updated Without Permission Over Metered Connection: Recently, my new laptop with Windows 10 began installing updates when powered on, despite the fact that I have changed the update options to not download over a metered connection which my connections are all listed as. These updates were not only unwanted, causing...
  5. Delivery optimization over metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery optimization over metered connection: I would like to know if delivery optimization can be turned off for delivering or receiving updates from other computers on local network when connected over metered connection. I know the documentation mentions delivery optimization is disabled when on a metered connection...
  6. Windows now doing automatic updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows now doing automatic updates over metered connection: I have metered connection on and auto. download over metered off. This worked to prevent automatic updates until 2018-11-14, when it downloaded lots of updates anyway. Does anyone know what has changed? Is there any way now to prevent auto. updates with Windows Home? 121724
  7. Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Allow Automatically Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 By default, Windows Update in Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates,...
  8. How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?

How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I've had it a week and notice that no updates have yet been downloaded - all the available updates are marked 'Waiting for download'. I use a mobile broadband dongle and I am limited to 10 GB data a month. My understanding is that Windows...
  9. Feature Update to Ver 1703 not working and metered connection failing

Feature Update to Ver 1703 not working and metered connection failing: My notebook is running Windows 10 Home Ver 1607 OS build 14393.1358. About a week ago, it commenced attempting to download and install feature update to version 1703. This failed and the notebook has subsequently made 15 attempts, all of which failed. My data connection is...
  10. Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow Automatic Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: Since the Creators Update the mysterious wording in Windows Update has puzzled many, and Microsoft hasn't exactly been forthcoming. Just what updates are "required to keep Windows running smoothly"? [img] It doesn't help that the behaviour of updates over metered...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update over metered connection 1703