Windows 10: windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open

Discus and support windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, just had two users all of a sudden lose the ability to use the calculator in windows 10. Both have cold booted but that did not matter. If they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dcook1313, Aug 22, 2018.

1. dcook1313 Win User

windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open

Hi, just had two users all of a sudden lose the ability to use the calculator in windows 10. Both have cold booted but that did not matter. If they open the calculator app it opens for a few seconds and then closes again. Only two people so far but both started today. At least its just the calculator. Does anyone have a quick fix?

thank you.

:)

dcook1313, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 22, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 1803 - calculator will not stay open - Similar Threads - 1803 calculator stay

2. Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Open Sourcing of Windows Calculator for Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to announce that we are open sourcing Windows Calculator on GitHub under the MIT License. This includes the source code, build system, unit tests, and product roadmap. Our goal is to build an even better user experience in partnership with the community....
  3. Windows 10 Calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro, and it seems that one of the accounts is locked onto the calculator app. There's no taskbar, no option to minimize, nothing but the calculator. I've investigated it looking for a way out of the application, but can't find anything. Is...
  4. microsoft mail will not stay open in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft mail will not stay open in windows 10: I get no error messages, but for some strange reason mail will not stay open. It opens for a second and then closes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-will-not-stay-open-in-windows-10/38c12978-3521-42e5-9be3-571b6a16615c
  5. Calculation error of windows 10 calculator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calculation error of windows 10 calculator: Today I found a log calculation error with windows 10 calculator app, I posted here two different results from my mobile app and windows 10 app. Kindly I need your support on it. Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Window 10 Calculator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Calculator: In my computer (Window 10 - ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 SERIES), when I press "C" button it will pop up the Calculator and ASUS Splendid Technology. Also when I press "C" it will always press q by its own. How can I fix this?...
  7. Facebook App Will not Stay Open

Facebook App Will not Stay Open: On wife's laptop, Win 10 Home, Facebook App worked for her until today. Now the app opens for 5sec then closes. She is still on 10240build. Uninstall/reinstall no fix. Went to store tried updates there no updates. Rebooted computer after reinstall no fix. New laptop less than...
  8. Windows 10 Calculator App not opening

Windows 10 Calculator App not opening: For some reason in windows 10 I can't seem to get my Calculator to open up... I click on the icon and a quick flash happens on the screen and then nothing. Appreciate any help. 67268
  9. Calculator is not opening

Calculator is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried SFC/scannow and everything is fine. On my dad's user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not. 28098
  10. Calculator,Groove Music is not opening

Calculator,Groove Music is not opening: When I click on the calculator app nothing happens I tried PowerShell , WSReset , SFC/scannow and... but doesn't work for me . On my other user account in the same PC it's working but on my user account it's not now i want create a new user but i have many app in my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 calculator

2. windows 10 1803 calculator not working

3. 1803 calculator

4. calculator does not open in windows 10 ver 1803,
  5. calucator windows 10 1803 not working,
  6. i want the calculator to stay open,
  7. calculator will not open,
  8. windows 10 1803 calculator wont open after update,
  9. windows 10 calculator not working 1803,
  10. windows 10 1803 calculator crashing,
  11. windows 10 1803 calc.exe