Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 child account without MS Account screen time management.

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 child account without MS Account screen time management. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I manage screen time for child account without MS account? It used to work and now it does not.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeoG71, Jul 31, 2018.

1. LeoG71 Win User

Windows 10 1803 child account without MS Account screen time management.

How do I manage screen time for child account without MS account? It used to work and now it does not.

:)

LeoG71, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 1803 child account without MS Account screen time management. :(

Zakin, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Screen time of a child account switches off

Hi,

I realize that the screen time of a child account switches off in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?

I suggest you to remove all the child accounts first and
    re-add them and check
    if it helps resolving the issue.

Refer: Set up family features

I also suggest you to delete the Child account and create a new and re-add the account in Family.

Refer: Add a child account to your family

If you're having problems with your Microsoft account, you can try running the
    Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter

It's an automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems. It's only available in English, but will work in all languages.

Please post to us if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1803 child account without MS Account screen time management. - Similar Threads - 1803 child account

2. Child account without link to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  3. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  4. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  6. Recover a child's MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover a child's MS account: Hi I set up an account for my child a bit ago and when I went to log in, it doesn't seem to recognise the passwords I would expect to have used. The password recovery form doesn't seem to work, probably because he has never sent any email, on account of him being 5! I...
  7. Child account has screen time but the child can't login

Child account has screen time but the child can't login: I've had this problem for about a year now. I go into device limits and give him 4 hours to use. He tries repeatedly to log in and when he can't he starts sending me requests. If I give him time through the requests it doesn't give me an option to add 4 hours. His brother...
  8. Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Screen Time Limits for Child Accounts: OK. So, I've been using Screen Time schedules and hours for all of my children's accounts for over a year, and occasionally things get messed up, and these are my observations so far: If the account gets locked because of Screen Time limitations, and the child who is...
  9. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  10. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...