Windows 10: Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

Discus and support Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tarponton, May 24, 2018.

1. Tarponton Win User

Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

Hi,
    So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional
    SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical HDD-(D*Smile was "Auto Upgraded"
    to the latest version of Windows 10. I received Version 1803 Build 17134.48 64-bit
    Home which was released on April 10,2018.
    Immediately:
    My Ethernet connection no longer worked. I ran the Windows Troubleshooter and
    found the problem to be the Network Adapter “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller”.
    Funny, it was working just fine with Win.10-1709? I don't use my WiFi as Ethernet
    is about 5x faster, 95 Mbps vs 20 Mbps. So after connecting to WiFi, I opened
    Device Manager > Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller > Properties > Driver > Update
    > Search Automatically.
    Result:
    “Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed”
    (v10.25.119.2018)
    Fortunately:
    I have a license for a 3rd party driver updater. They offered a newer version
    (v10.026.0328.2018) that worked. Back to Ethernet / WiFi off.
    Just for Fits & Giggles:
    I ran a "sfc /scannow" through "cmd prompt (Admin.)".
    Result:
    At any various percent completion it said “Windows Resource Protection could not
    perform the requested operation”. Oh great it worked just fine before v1803.
    Long story to short: I also ran "cmd prompt (Admin.)" in (normal & safe mode):
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Result: all OK
    “ “ “ /ScanHealth Result: (Error 1392) “A file or
    “ “ “ /RestoreHealth directory is corrupted or unreadable”
    And I then ran in "cmd prompt (Admin.)":
    CHKDSK /f /r Select (Y) > Restart Result: no issues indicated.
    The following day:
    All the above diagnostic processes worked just fine. But were the files repaired?
    The day after that:
    Back to all the above problems with files– go figga?
    Next step:
    I decided to reinstall Win.10-1803 and chose the “Media Creation Tool”. I had a
    copy of it only to find out that Microsoft has updated the tool for version 1803.
    The “Media Creation Tool 1803” allows you to reinstall the latest version of
    Windows & all updates while being able to keep all your non-OEM programs & Apps.,
    unlike doing a “Windows Recovery Reset” which can only keep your files.
    Not Bad! The downside was that I wouldn't be able to use Windows Recovery to
    revert back to v1709 through (C*Smile > “Windows Old”. The Windows Old folder would
    now contain the original v1803 install files overwriting the v1709 files.
    It was a choice to deal with the v1803 glitches now or later.
    The result was that all the above problems except Ethernet connect remained.
    So I kept running: “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth” & “/RestoreHealth”
    along with: “CHKDSK /f /r”.
    With some success:
    The “DISM” scans no longer say that there are any corrupted or unreadable files.
    But the DISM log says otherwise @ (C*Smile > Windows > Logs > DISM
    I will try to attach the log.
    As for the “sfc /scannow” function:
    It still stops at various progress percents even though the “sfclogs” don't
    indicate any obvious problem according to my level of Windows knowledge.
    Log attached if possible.
    To get a “sfc log”, run the sfc scan in Command Prompt Admin. and when it is
    finished enter:
    findstr /C:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfclogs.txt”
    ^ ^ dism.logsfclogs.txt ^ (enter a space at each caret)
    and the “sfc /scannow” log will be placed on your Desktop, OK.
    QUESTION:
    Does anyone know of a fix for “sfc /scannow” problem with Win.10-1803?

:)

Tarponton, May 24, 2018

2. Corrupted files still there after sfc/scannow

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. I would like to ask you:

• What issues are you facing on the computer, for which you ran the SFC scan?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps to repair these files:

a) Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

c) Close the command prompt after this step.

Now, restart the computer and check. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, May 24, 2018
  3. sfc /scannow found corrupt files in Windows 10

I recentley have run the sfc /scannow for Windows 10 and after it has been completed it shows me it has found corrupt files in Windows. My laptop is new and was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. How do I fix this so that my Windows files are not
    corrupted and why is this happening? Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

LeonFleming, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

1. Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" - Similar Threads - 1803 corrupted files

2. sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files: sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files, all is well b4 runing sfc command, but when it says that it has fixed the corrupted files , after a restart windows app and browser control system become collapsed...fix it microsfot....
  3. sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files: sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files, all is well b4 runing sfc command, but when it says that it has fixed the corrupted files , after a restart windows app and browser control system become collapsed...fix it microsfot....
  4. sfc /scannow command is corrupting the win 10 files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  6. SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC/Scannow found a corrupted file.: Hello, computer games keep randomly crashing and computer gets BSOD a lot, this is a new build. I ran SFC/scannow and it said there was corrupted files, is there somewhere I can send the report to? I would prefer not to take it to a shop, but will if I have to....
  7. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  8. sfc /scannow shows corrupted file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow shows corrupted file: I've run SFC /scannow from both inside Win 10 admin command prompt and SFC scan from Safe Mode, I've also run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and still show corrupted files here's several sample from the SFC log file 2019-10-19 13:03:25, Info...
  9. "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

"corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction": Hi, So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical HDD-(D*Smile was "Auto Upgraded" to the latest version of Windows 10. I received Version 1803 Build 17134.48 64-bit Home which...
  10. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1803 sfc not working

2. windows 10 windows resource protection corrupt files corrupted files

3. FILE CORRUPTED 1803

4. windows 10 sfc /scannow