Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 default browser

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 default browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roy111, Aug 7, 2018.

1. roy111 Win User

Windows 10 1803 default browser

Hi,

I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution.

Is it possible to set Firefox as default browser in windows 10 1803 ?

Thanks!

:)

roy111, Aug 7, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 1803 default browser - Similar Threads - 1803 default browser

2. default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default browser: Was using edge but after seeing how you change the default browser settings, I'll never use it again.Going back to chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/4723a7df-2e34-4e4a-85cc-588ce3500c1b
  3. Default Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  4. Default Browser . . .

Default Browser . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 pro. I use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and, Comodo Ice Dragon, browsers. I use, Comodo Ice Dragon, as my default browser. My question is, is it possible To use, a different browser for different things? For...
  5. Default browser windows 10

Default browser windows 10: After downloading windows 10, it is not letting me choose Firefox as my default browser. Also, certain hyperlinks only take me to Microsoft edge and do not let me use Firefox. Links that I used to sign in with Firefox have been disabled....
  6. Default Browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Default Browser: I have a Windows computer and it won't let me choose the default browser as chrome!! I reset it to chrome so many times but Yahoo keeps showing up when I search up something in a new tab.......
  7. Changing default browser in Windows 10

Changing default browser in Windows 10: I use Windows 10 and habitually use MS Edge as my browser despite the poor favourites management. When I follow a link in an email from MS Outlook, it opens in MS Internet Explorer, so I assume that Edge is not my default browser. This has only recently started happening, so...
  8. Default Browser

Default Browser: Hi Good evening I am trying to set up my new desktop and I have the following question. Which browser should be the default? I need to have java and flash installed. And I decide which one to use, do I delete the...
  9. Windows 10 1803 default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 1803 default browser: Hi, I would like to use Firefox but I cannot find a way to set it as default browser, in particular when I open a search result from "start menu" Edge is fired up instead of Firefox; i searched but i'm not able to find a solution. Is it possible to set Firefox as default...
  10. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I have Internet Explorer set as my default browser. Each time I click on a link to website (often in an email) Windows asks which App to use to open the link. I highlight "Internet Explorer" and check the box "Always use this App" Sure enough the next time I click on a...