Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 freezing at random. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue I am running into is where my computer is freezing at times. At first, it would freeze after about an hour of in-game time, so I assumed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scuba_Dan, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Scuba_Dan Win User

Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

The issue I am running into is where my computer is freezing at times. At first, it would freeze after about an hour of in-game time, so I assumed the issue was overheating with my graphics card. I furmarked my card for multiple hours no issue. I then looked into crash dumps and saw that it was a driver. Performed a clean install of windows 10 1803, installed the bare minimum drivers needed, no extra software, not even an AV. The computer will sometimes freeze sitting at the desktop, but more consistently freeze at about the hour mark while in game. I swapped the graphics card with the same result, CPU, RAM, and all SSD's have passed multiple diagnostics. Now when I go back to the event viewer it only shows the event where I forced the computer to reboot via the reset button. Also, no crash dumps are being created now. It's as if a piece of hardware is causing the issue, and the OS doesn't even get the chance to crash.

As of current, the issue persists, but I have noticed that certain system devices will become unrecognized like my H110i and my DAC.

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 2700x

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200Mhz 2x8Gb

Samsung 960evo M.2 Boot drive

x3 Sandisk 960Gb SSD in RAID 1

EVGA 1080TI SC2 Hybrid

MB: MSI X370 Titanium Gaming

Windows 10 Pro 1803

:)

Scuba_Dan, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows 10 (Pro 64bit) randomly freezes

Thank you for the information, Neil. To address your concern regarding the random freezes that's happening on your computer, we suggest performing the steps below, and check if the experience will be the same:

• Sign in using an administrator account in your Windows 10 computer.
    • Disable or uninstall any anti-virus that you've installed to prevent it from interfering with the upgrade to Windows 10.
    • Reinstall Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome of the troubleshooting procedure for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
  4. Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jul 10, 2018
  5. OBKY70 New Member
    Just wanted you to know Scuba_Dan that I am having the exact same issue now for 9 hours. Random hard freezes, sometimes only seconds sometimes 15+ minutes while KB4338819 inits. I am letting it go through the process again after discovering it was failing due to a corrupted database which the windows installer troubleshooter claims to have fixed. That troubleshooter is located at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors I am hoping this works because as of right now my PC is tanked due to this update and while reinstalling would seem fine, the idea of setting up all my apps and about 40 programs it tells me will be uninstalled is not very enticing. I was issue free for years until 1803 hit and it has been crashes, errors, mail programs not working for weeks now and I know it isn't on my end because mini updates that come along "fixes" them days later.

OBKY70, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 freezing at random.

1. Windows 10 1803 freezing at random. - Similar Threads - 1803 freezing random

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Dear Sir/ Madam,We found that on all our public computers, Windows 10 freezes randomly the number lock and the mouse did not respond. I have already updated all drivers, firmware and all Windows Updates, and then, I also tried disable the C-state and Intel Speedstep, but the...
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Dear Sir/ Madam,We found that on all our public computers, Windows 10 freezes randomly the number lock and the mouse did not respond. I have already updated all drivers, firmware and all Windows Updates, and then, I also tried disable the C-state and Intel Speedstep, but the...
  4. Windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly freezes: Hi, I'm having an issue with my windows 10 Pro instalation. I started getting some weird freezes, where system sort of freezes. I still can hear music, but very lagy, robotic sounding and repeating. I can still move my mouse, but I cannot interact with any windows or anything...
  5. Windows 10 freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing randomly: So far the issue only happened 3 times. The first 2 times it was during Skype calls with a friend, so I first thought the issues was related to Skype. I was not on Skype calls (just text chat) since then, but the issue occured again yesterday. The way it goes is as follows:...
  6. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...
  7. Still having random system freeze ups. Window 10 after 1803

Still having random system freeze ups. Window 10 after 1803: Anyone else still having random system freeze ups since 1803 updates? I've been experiencing a system freeze up and unable to track why. I thought perhaps it was combination of Adobe products or a resource issue. Between all the setting that Microsoft resets to default that...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Update Random Freezes

Windows 10 1803 Update Random Freezes: So I just updated and used Win 10 1803 from 1709 for 6 months, and during these 6 months, I've experienced random freezes while using Windows, especially when I play League Of Legends, the freezes are so annoying, it cannot be the Hardware Problems since my PC has just...
  9. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  10. Windows 10 freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze randomly: I installed a new graphics card while I was still on Windows 7 and was having the same issue so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows 10 while I'm at it, but I have the same problem still and it makes my pc unusable at times 49972

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes randomly 1803

2. windows 10 1803 freezing

3. WINDOWS 10 1803 RANDOMLY FREEZES

4. windows 10 1803 randomly freezing,
  5. How to fix PDF freezing on windows 10 1803,
  6. windows 10 1803 desktop freezing,
  7. windows 1803 random freezes,
  8. windows 10 1803 date and time change randomly,
  9. windows 10 computer practically unusable due to freezing,
  10. windows 10 freezes while gaming 1803,
  11. windows 10 version 1803 random freeze,