Windows 10: Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

Discus and support Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is an observation that might help others. I have already sent these details to MS via their Feedback My old but still useful HP Elitebook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimmyfixit, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

This is an observation that might help others. I have already sent these details to MS via their Feedback

My old but still useful HP Elitebook 2560p has a gps unit built into the WWAN module. Useful thing to have. I have Memory Map software and maps installed and have been struggling to get that software to use the internal gps. I have found out the following that needs to be rectified.

To use an internal gps such as I have, you have to set LOCATION ON and also use the MAPS app. If either is off no other mapping software can use an internal gps unit I think. That LOCATION should be ON is reasonable but that the MAPS app should dominate the the gps hardware is not. So eg If I have both my Memory Map and MAPS app running I can see the satelites listed and their strenghts in Memory Map Navigator, but the moment I turn off the MAPS app they vanish from Navigator and the gps stops functioning in Memory Map Navigator.

I hope Microsoft remedies this bug?

:)

jimmyfixit, Aug 25, 2018
  2. PaulSCook Win User

GPS Accurate Location using Windows Maps on Windows 10 LTSB 1507

Hi,

We have sideloaded Windows Maps onto Windows 10 LTSB 1507. Maps is able to pickup 'Location' based on Assisted-GPS using WiFi or IP addres but it is
    not able to detect accurate location based on the internal Sierra Wireless GPS module installed in the Panasonic CF-H2. We've confirmed that GPS is functioning on the device but Maps will not pick
    up any location if we force it to use GPS (i.e. disabling Wifi and cellular).

Please advise if Windows Maps is able to use accurate GPS location.

Thanks,

PaulSCook, Aug 25, 2018
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

N95 external bluetooth GPS unit

Hello

Has anyone with an N95 tried maps with an external bluetooth GPS unit?

If so, how was it compared to the internal one?

R

RichH_9000, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units

1. Windows 10 1803, LOCATION ON, MAPS app and internal gps units - Similar Threads - 1803 LOCATION MAPS

2. Windows Maps location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Maps location: I am a bit baffled by the declaration that the windows 10 location is inaccurate because a system has no gps. I can search my location on google maps and bing maps and have my location show correctly however when searching with windows maps its not just a little over its 4 or...
  3. MS Maps App Wrong Location

MS Maps App Wrong Location: Hi: You have a problem with your location finder for Maps and Find My Device. Bing, I set it manually so it is alright. Google Maps finds my precise location fine. I've tried resetting everything within windows for Maps, but the problem seems to be on your end. When I do...
  4. Windows 10 GPS Location Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 GPS Location Issue: I moved from my old address in the US over a year and a half ago, yet every time I run location services on an app, or in a browser including Chrome, Edge, or Firefox it populates my Memphis, TN address. I currently live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I have tried everything,...
  5. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  6. Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect Location in Maps, Weather Apps: I moved from Pennsylvania to New York 2 months ago. Geolocation is incorrect in Weather app, Maps app, Firefox desktop on Windows 10, it gives off my OLD address. Random sites that ask for location that is. Clean Windows 10 Install Clean Firefox Install Not behind VPN...
  7. United States-International keyboard

United States-International keyboard: How do I install the United States-International keyboard to type Spanish accented characters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/united-states-international-keyboard/6ae2302e-66dc-4a85-a8e1-39532880c495
  8. GPS road map

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPS road map: how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gps-road-map/4ad78660-016f-42bb-8c8e-2ad54516528d
  9. Microsoft Streets & Trips program with GPS Unit

Microsoft Streets & Trips program with GPS Unit: I have the Microsoft Streets & Trips Program along with the GPS USB unit for use with my laptop. Now that Microsoftr has discontinueds the program is ther a way to continue to use the GPS unit with other programs or upload GPS map data?...
  10. Windows 10 v.1803 MS Maps App

Windows 10 v.1803 MS Maps App: Cannot understand why this app, every time I open it, shows my current location 4,000 miles south (in Cosquin, Argentina)of where I actually am (St-Lazare, Quebec, Canada). All my default location settings are correct, and this problem does NOT appear when I use Google...