Windows 10: Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more

Discus and support Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It appears Windows updates no longer allows you to delay the update to version 1803. Am I wrong and/or how can I block this update and if so, does MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StanKasper, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more

It appears Windows updates no longer allows you to delay the update to version 1803. Am I wrong and/or how can I block this update and if so, does MS still give security updates to 1703?

Update to 1803 now installs this silly service OSRSS. They should call it JAK - just another kluge (please have a sense of humor). I saw previous posts on OSRSS and it appears it cannot be removed. Or can it?

And again 1803 does not allow one to uninstall network adapter properties. When you do it throughs up a obscusive message. Prior to 1803 you could remove things like 'file sharing ...' and 'qos....' and so on.

Windows 1803 is starting to be a big disappoint. Maybe I am missing some group policy items or registry items that allow me to minimize the install? Can I use DISM?

So sad.

Stan

:)

StanKasper, Jul 13, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2018
  3. How do I get rid of OSRSS?

Unfortunately, the repair install did not remove OSRSS. I'm at a loss. If there are any other suggestions, I am game to hear them. Thanks for your time.

V. Ferraro

Lightingmaster, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Kcg23 Win User

Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more

What is osrdlsvc.exe or OSRSS DLSVC

Something called osrdlsvc.exe popped up in task manager the other day using my network. It also goes by OSRSS DLSVC, it resides in C:\OSRSS\osrdlsvc . Which access is denied and not found. I have disabled it and it has not re-enabled itself but there is
    no information on the web about it. I just don't know what it is and I have run several scans finding nothing. Its a service that has no description and has no accessible location. I have also seen it under services in the registry.

Kcg23, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more

1. Windows 10 1803, OSRSS, Networking and more - Similar Threads - 1803 OSRSS Networking

2. What is osrss?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is osrss?: I'm not really the brighest when it comes to PC stuff and sorry for any mistakes I make, english isnt my mother langage but.. I checked my Task manager and found something running called "osrss" under Windows Processes. When I open its folder location it takes me to the...
  3. No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803: Hello, Why I don't have Network Profile? How can I change the network profile? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-profile-in-windows-10-1803/000c94d9-16c2-4cc5-9c1b-1537611d5a65
  4. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems

Windows 10 Pro 1803 network problems: When trying to access Windows 10 Pro 1803 files on another computer, I get this message. " Windows cannot access ||DESKTOP-------. Contact Network Administrator to gain access." I have tried. I need to know how to grant access, I am the only admin in this office. What...
  6. Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue

Windows 10 1803 Network Connectivity issue: Hi, We are expericeing an issue with Windows 10 1803, I know there are online forums and articles filled on the issues of 1803 (looks like a bad version of Windows 10). This issue we have is a strange one, With Windows 10 1803, we are unable to get IP address through...
  7. windows 10 1803 Network issues

windows 10 1803 Network issues: windows 10 1803 Network issues... is a patch available or what is a REALLY SIMPLE and SUCCESSFUL workaround? The ones I seen so far seem to vary and look complicate without any confidence, for me at least, that they WILL REALLY work. Microsoft keep promoting W10 so when is...
  8. OSRSS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OSRSS: Why would Microsoft deliberately name a new file added to a Windows 10 update with the same name as known malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/osrss/f7eb6234-d1b6-4ea9-9058-49ca23093a5c
  9. windows 10 build 1803 network answer

windows 10 build 1803 network answer: well it seems no one wants to know the solution so will keep it to myself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-build-1803-network-answer/f4de2885-b16a-4aa4-a491-7c72ec02f7cc
  10. More Windows 10 networking issues.

More Windows 10 networking issues.: I wonder about Windows 10 sometimes. First I had issues with it crashing when I ran IE11. With the folks here's suggestions I've been using Edge. Problem sorta solved with networking. Next I buy a dual band router because the current one in the home is 14 years old, and uncle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. osrss

2. osrss windows 10

3. c:\OSRSS

4. osrss folder,
  5. osrss co to jest,
  6. C:\OSRSS\wust.exe,
  7. can i delete c:\osrss,
  8. osrdlsvc.exe,
  9. windows 10 osrss,
  10. remove c:\osrss,
  11. windows osrss