Windows 10: Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file

Discus and support Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I use an automatic configuration script (.pac file) to enter 2 different websites. Yesterday I was pushed updates of Windows 10 and after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoniqueVollenga, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file

Hi all,

I use an automatic configuration script (.pac file) to enter 2 different websites. Yesterday I was pushed updates of Windows 10 and after that I can only get in to one of the websites. The other can not be contacted.

Since IE is not supporting automatic configuration scripts anymore, I use Firefox and Chrome.

Message in chrome:

There is no Internet connection
    There is something wrong with the proxy server, or the address is incorrect.

Try:

• Contacting the system admin
    • Checking the proxy address
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED

Message in Firefox:

The connection has timed out
    The server at "name of the website" is taking too long to respond.
    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

:)

MoniqueVollenga, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Hood Win User

Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Mine still has all the mkv file detail info after updating to Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.48).

Thema:

Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file

1. Windows 10 1803, proxy.pac file - Similar Threads - 1803 proxy pac

2. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  3. WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL and Zscaler localhost proxy pac: Hello everyone I am trying to figure out how to get the WSL to work with the windows proxy settings? We are using a pac file, and I can not figure out how to configure the wsl to use it. We use the zscaler service. If you are not familiar it is a local proxyservice. it runs a...
  4. Win 10 .Pac file cache location ? Caching of Auto_proxy Scripts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 .Pac file cache location ? Caching of Auto_proxy Scripts: Hi, previously on win 7&8 the .pac file location was as below but this doesnt seem to be the case with win10 ? Below is an example but the win10 machines we have seem to work different and wanted to ask is this now depreciated or configured...
  5. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Group Policy - PAC File: Hello,Is there a place in the local group policy where I can specify a PAC file that applies to the computer for any user?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-pac-file/ff3827e7-44ca-4d5b-a537-70751622272d
  6. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Group Policy - PAC File: Hello,Is there a place in the local group policy where I can specify a PAC file that applies to the computer for any user?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-pac-file/ff3827e7-44ca-4d5b-a537-70751622272d
  7. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PAC file not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PAC file not working: I have the following PAC file: function FindProxyForURLurl, host {// use proxy for specific domainsif shExpMatchurl, "*.google.com" shExpMatchhost, "*.google.com" return "PROXY 37.221.114.33:2255";// by default use no proxyreturn "DIRECT";} and I have apache2.4...
  9. IE and Edge ignore PAC (proxy auto config) file

IE and Edge ignore PAC (proxy auto config) file: IE and Edge are ignoring PAC script file. The file is on a webserver using HTTPS. If changing the URL to HTTP it works fine. Is there any known issue with Windows? I started seeing this behavior with Windows 10 Build 1903 but I'm not sure if it wasn't present on previous...
  10. server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply

server 2016 RDP Proxy PAC/Proxy settings will n ot apply: We have 22 Thin Client servers with domain FL @ 2016. All 22 servers are running 2016 Standard. DC's are Server 2016 Standard. We are also all Windows 10. Patched and running fine. We are migrating to a new web filter that requires us to Use automatic configuration script....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 proxy pac file

2. windows 10 not reading PAC file

3. windows 10 ver 1803 wont save proxy settings

4. IE and Edge not reading PAC file in windows 1809,
  5. proxy settings in 1803,
  6. windows 10 proxy settiungs wont save,
  7. Windows 10 issue with proxy pac,
  8. build 1903 ignoring pac file,
  9. pac file on windows 10,
  10. windows 10 troubleshooting proxy.pac,
  11. windows 19 1803 pac proxy,