Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fuseboxdwarf, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

Using latest ADK and MDT to generate 1803 reference image. In my task sequence i have a task "Uninstall Roles and Features" and selected "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". During the build, it gets to this step and then BSOD. This is a copy of the 1709 sequence that does not exhibit same issue.

I had a similar issue with the XPS Viewer, it was there in 1709 but gone in 1803 and generated an error when the uninstall step was triggered.

Can anyone confirm that SMB 1.0 is no longer part of 1803?

:)

fuseboxdwarf, Jul 5, 2018
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jul 5, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Jul 5, 2018
  4. emelsom Win User

Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD

1. Windows 10 1803 SMB v1 Uninstall Feature results in BSOD - Similar Threads - 1803 SMB Uninstall

2. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  3. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  4. Access Samba share on Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows 10 without SMB V1?

Access Samba share on Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows 10 without SMB V1?: Hey guys; I spent hours trying to figure out why my Windows 10 Pro (latest build) box could not access Samba shares on my Ubuntu 20.04 box. Then I finally found that I needed to enable SMB V1 on Windows 10. This works fine, but I understand there is a huge security risk with...
  5. SMB v1

SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  6. How do I get SMB v1

How do I get SMB v1: How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-smb-v1/3e273643-c015-4f85-8300-f017925e1b8f"
  7. Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect

Re-enabled SMB v1 in Windows 10, but still cannot connect: So following on from my previous question about SMB, I decided to re-enable SMB v1 on my PC running Windows 10 (this version). I followed these instructions (Options 3, 4 and 5, since I am using Windows 10). I have tried all three options (proof), and they all appear to...
  8. Windows 10 Feature Update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Update 1803: I have been having an unpleasant time with the Windows 10 Feature update 1803. I have a Dell computer as follows: [ATTACH] Note that the Windows 10 version I have was updated from Windows 7 with the free update. Since May I have been struggling with the 1803 Feature...
  9. What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "SMB Direct" in Windows Features ?: Can I turn it off ? Thanks 112151
  10. Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability: The Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1), Is a network file-sharing protocol that was created in 1983 at IBM and made its way into Windows in 1992. Microsoft later expanded the protocol and renamed its implementation CIFS, short for the Common Internet File System. It's no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smbv1 bsod

2. windows 10 1803 BSOD SMB