Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Steps needed to relocate recovery folder back to C: & to delete recovery partition: Creators Update creates new hidden partition PQ MirOS - Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition

muchomurka, Apr 5, 2018
  2. DrSysop Win User

​I just installed the Spring update 1803 on several machines from USB & DVD made from the iso.
    One machine it made a disk 0 partition 3 466 MB & also had the System Reserved 500 MB.
    PC works normally but why did it do this? I did other machines i not see that partition it created?

See in photo attached I originally clean installed 1607 then upgraded 1703 then 1709 & now 1803 all from CD or USB in past. I never saw this before. I did a disk cleanup & deleted the windows.old etc thinking it was there but it wasn't.

I am not worried about it but just curious why it did it.

Thanks
    Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition [​IMG]

:)

DrSysop, Apr 30, 2018
  3. When will Windows 1803 release to public?

wann kommt das neue spring creators update 1803 für mein windows 10??

wolframschröter, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition

Andre Da Costa, Apr 30, 2018
  5. AddRAM Win User
    An upgrade usually always makes a Recovery Partition, just delete it if you don`t want it.

AddRAM, Apr 30, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to peruse any recovery partition before you delete it to check the dates and that you are deleting the older version. Make a full system backup in case you make a mistake. You might need to use the reagantc command to reconfigure the recovery partition.

Steve C, Apr 30, 2018
  7. khanmein Win User
    Try to use AOMEI Partition Assistant to delete the partition & merged it.

khanmein, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition

1. Windows 10 1803 Spring Update made hidden recovery partition - Similar Threads - 1803 Spring Update

2. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...: So I had to restore my system with a clean install I was unable to restore an image from my old hard drive there are now 3 drives windows tries to include in the image those drives are of course the main drive C partitions of 500GB with 399GB free there's a system reserve...
  3. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...: So I had to restore my system with a clean install I was unable to restore an image from my old hard drive there are now 3 drives windows tries to include in the image those drives are of course the main drive C partitions of 500GB with 399GB free there's a system reserve...
  4. Could the system reserved partition and the recovery partition windows made during install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hidden Partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden Partitions: I realize that certain partitions are hidden for good reason. But the problem I have is that when I do a full system backup twice a month, I open Macrium Reflect and it shows drive letters assigned to four different partitions. As you can see from the image below, the UEFI...
  6. Windows 10, Spring Update (1803) - Will the Fall Update Resolve USB Issues?

Windows 10, Spring Update (1803) - Will the Fall Update Resolve USB Issues?: It's been more than 10 days since I installed the Spring update so I cannot roll back to 1709. Rather than reset my PC and have to reinstall a bunch of software, I would rather wait for the Fall update. Will the Fall update address the Spring updates issues with USB ports not...
  7. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  8. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  9. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  10. Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Spring Update 1803 Installation Data - FYI: This is for any geeky mad scientist types that are interested in this sort of thing. I installed the April 2018 update (1803) on 4 PCs recently. I noticed a significant difference in the installation time between one older desktop and a newer laptop, the laptop took MUCH...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows RE pq miros

2. windwos re hidden pq miros