Windows 10: Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help!

Discus and support Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have windows 10 1803 (pro, enterprise and education) installed on different laptops on windows server 2012 R2 domain network. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Az1516, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Az1516 Win User

Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help!

Hello,

I have windows 10 1803 (pro, enterprise and education) installed on different laptops on windows server 2012 R2 domain network. I am trying to customise Start Menu using GPO.

Problems encountered as follows:

• Start layout doesn't work when XML file is on the server share (i.e. netlogon or other share with permission). Start layout works when the local GPO is configured on the local workstation with the XML file stored on the local machine (c: drive).
    • Start menu folder redirection doesn't work at all. (saved all the shortcuts in "Programs" folder within "Start Menu" folder in a shared folder on the domain also tried the above folder location on the local computer on C: drive)
    • None of the above displays in the GP result report.

How do I customise the Start menu in Windows 10 (any version that accommodate above GPO customisation) Please Help?

Thank you

:)

Az1516, Aug 11, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Aug 11, 2018
  4. edee Win User

Start Menu Customisation

Download StartIsBack and you will pretty much have the Windows 7 desktop back .... minus the aero effect. StartIsBack is a reincarnation of the Windows 7 start menu.

I just whish they would bring back being able to customize the login screen instead of having to use those fugly solid colors.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help! - Similar Threads - 1803 Start Menu

2. start menu locked please help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu locked please help!!: when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help? also, why is this happen only...
  3. Start menu is being weird? Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu is being weird? Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmolPupple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8rdk/start_menu_is_being_weird_please_help/
  4. start menu stopped working on windows. please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu stopped working on windows. please help: I have gone on the microsoft community forum, tried the fixes but it does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-stopped-working-on-windows-please-help/d0f9381b-a54c-4c42-8d35-7f8c00ebf5a7
  5. Customise Start Menu.

Customise Start Menu.: I have been mucking around creating a custom Win 10 Pro ISO. I have the Start Menu almost how I want it! [img] How can I . . . [1] How can I get rid of Start, Pinned Tiles, and All Apps. [2] Reduce the white area so when I click the Start Menu Windows Icon it only shows...
  6. Windows 1909 start menu issue. Please help.

Windows 1909 start menu issue. Please help.: I recently got a new computer. I set it up, and got it updated to the newest version. I know that one of the new features is the start menu auto expand when you hover over the left side. However, I can't get my start menu to do that. I like that feature. I know its a small...
  7. Windows 10 start menu per user short cuts customisation

Windows 10 start menu per user short cuts customisation: Hi All Last I used was Windows XP pro. where I could customize the start menu for each user. Is that possible in Windows 10 home? For example I would like to remove things like the Windows Admin Tools folder from my son's start menu profile but still have it on my...
  8. Windows 10 1803 New Configuration / Start Menu

Windows 10 1803 New Configuration / Start Menu: It seems that with the new release, Microsoft decided randomly to add Documents and Pictures pinned as icons directly to the left rail when you hit Start/Windows Key. As usual, there's no guidance on how to remove these pinned shortcuts. Honestly, I don't know why they...
  9. Start Menu Customisation

Start Menu Customisation: I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps. Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start...
  10. Help with start menu font please

Help with start menu font please: So i figured it was time to spice up my windows install a bit. I changed my font via winaero tweaker and it seems to have applied to every area of windows EXCEPT the start menu. When i open the start menu to view all my folders and subsequent apps, the font is standard still....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pined icons not applayed for win10 customization 1803

2. start menu customization fails

3. Windows 10 1803: how can I Remove Sticky Notes entry from start list

4. windows 10 1803 start menu tile customisation