Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 Computers that I successfully networked together (wireless I may add). Everything worked well until that latest update and now the Network is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by w1ksz, May 18, 2018.

1. w1ksz Win User

Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings

I have 4 Computers that I successfully networked together (wireless I may add). Everything worked
    well until that latest update and now the Network is totally blown.

I can understand the need for updates, but must Big Brother reset my Computers to some state that
    he feels I should be at.

Honestly, if it were not for the fact that some apps I use will not work under Linux, I would have
    tossed Windows into the dustbin years ago.

Now to go back and see what changes "God" hath wrought. Also. I thought I had killed off Network
    Credentials, but the stake was removed from it's heart and the beggar is back alive again.

Very frustrating ...

--- EOR ---

Richard S.

:)

w1ksz, May 18, 2018
  2. DebbieB5 Win User

Help! Windows update 1803 broke my network

I have two PCS.

• Running Windows 10 Pro version 1803
    • Running Windows 10 Home version 1803

• The Pro computer can see the Home computer in Windows Explorer and has the ability to read/write files that I explicitly shared with "Everyone" on the Home computer.
    • The Home computer sees the name of the Pro computer under Network in File Explorer. However if I try to open that computer name I get the error "Windows cannot access... Error code 0x80070035 network path not found"

On the Pro computer I have chosen a particular folder that I want the Home computer to access.

I've done:

• Right click -> Give Access to -> Specific People...
    • And then given "Everyone" Read/Write Permission.

But the Home computer never sees this folder listed. It only gets the error message above.

How do I give my Home computer access to the files on the Pro computer? I've tried dozens of solutions found within this community and others and for about 10 minutes it worked. We got access! And then I walked out the room and it stopped working. I didn't
    even change anything!

This is beyond frustrating. It was all working just fine with the Home Groups. Now they're gone and I can't find a workable solution.

DebbieB5, May 19, 2018
  3. Windows Feature Update -- Windows 10 Version 1803

I installed Windows Feature Update -- Windows 10 Version 1803

I have no Internet Connection since my Century Link 6749 DSL modem

Is not listed in the available networks. If I click on Recovery Options to

Reset This PC, will it go back to the previous version of Windows 10?

T C Spencer, May 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings

1. Windows 10 1803 Update Scrambled My Network Settings - Similar Threads - 1803 Update Scrambled

2. My screen scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen scrambled: My screen is scrambled. Please see the picture. When I move a window, we can see a trace/trail of the windows. The windows also can look like there is a shadow. Why is this happening? FYI, I run a several monitors setup. In the past, I have never experience this...
  3. No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Network Profile in Windows 10 - 1803: Hello, Why I don't have Network Profile? How can I change the network profile? Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-profile-in-windows-10-1803/000c94d9-16c2-4cc5-9c1b-1537611d5a65
  4. Again your update scrambles my tablet!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Again your update scrambles my tablet!: Again it happened! In October an update caused my tablet to not be a tablet: no touch, sound, battery, graphics display, glitching. Took over 4 hours to track down and fix. This past Friday you forced a new update. It did the same thing to my tablet, but worse. Instead of...
  5. Scrambled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrambled: When I print out documents from online, some of the pages are now coming out scrambled. This just started about a week ago. Not sure how to fix it. I didn't change any settings that I know of....
  6. Windows 10 [1803] network problems

Windows 10 [1803] network problems: I have 3 computers at home, all running Windows 10 Home [1803] not in S mode, but cannot get them to network properly. After much research in this Community: (1) settings in Network and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings are: Private: on & on; Guest or Public:...
  7. Settings post-Windows 10 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings post-Windows 10 1803 Update: Hello. I am using an external mouse and would like to disable my touchpad (synaptics), but I see no options under Devices. I tried digging into Mouse Properties, and while it did give me an option to disable my external mouse, the button to disable the touchpad was fogged...
  8. windows 10 1803 Network issues

windows 10 1803 Network issues: windows 10 1803 Network issues... is a patch available or what is a REALLY SIMPLE and SUCCESSFUL workaround? The ones I seen so far seem to vary and look complicate without any confidence, for me at least, that they WILL REALLY work. Microsoft keep promoting W10 so when is...
  9. 1803 Scrambled My Network Settings

1803 Scrambled My Network Settings: I have 4 Computers that I successfully networked together (wireless I may add). Everything worked well until that latest update and now the Network is totally blown. I can understand the need for updates, but must Big Brother reset my Computers to some state that he feels...
  10. Lost My Network After 1803 Update

Lost My Network After 1803 Update: Prior to the update I had 4 Computers linked over my Wireless Network. After the update the Network was lost. I checked that all the Drives and/or Folders were still shared, they are. First: I went into Network Credentials on all 4 machines and made sure that all 4 plus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows update scrambled my printer settings

2. windows 10 1803 reset all network settings

3. upgrade to windows 10 1803 messed up WIFI

4. when sharing in version 1803 how do i know specfic names,
  5. windows 1803 wifi settings,
  6. how do i network together 2 windows 10 version 1803,
  7. Howw do I network together 2 Winsows 10 version 1803,
  8. windows 10 update 1803 totally scrambled software