Windows 10: Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain

Discus and support Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is an interesting issue that has just started occurring. Windows updates on a clean install of Windows 10 Education 1803 work perfectly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BryceHolland, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain

This is an interesting issue that has just started occurring.

Windows updates on a clean install of Windows 10 Education 1803 work perfectly. However, I receive the 0x8000ffff error after I join the machine to a local Active Directory domain. The domain controller is Server 2012 R2 with the latest 1803 ADMX templates applied.

To add to the curiosity, I am still able to apply updates via my remote management client, yet still receive the 0x8000ffff error whenever I choose "Check Updates" on the workstation itself. Running the Windows Update troubleshooter does not resolve the problem.

Thank you for your advice!

:)

BryceHolland, Aug 7, 2018
  2. kudzu67 Win User

Windows 10 Onedrive disappears after joining domain

Windows 10 not joined to domain, onedrive works perfectly. As soon as I joined the computer to the domain onedrive completely disappears. Not in file explorer, not listed in apps, not in task tray. I thought group policy must be the issue. I checked the
    policy under Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components | OneDrive. The policy was Not Configured. I disabled it just to be safe. Onedrive is still missing.

It's not listed in metro.

If I log onto my local account that was working before joining the domain. OneDrive is no longer there.

Even though it's built into Windows 10 I tried to download and install it. Setup fails with error

!ERROR! (0x80040B01) (fsmanagerimpl.cpp:142) ERROR: "' failed with 0x80040b01

All windows updates installed correctly without issues and are current.

Is there another group policy to check for?

Does this just not work when Windows 10 is joined to the domain?

thanks!

kudzu67, Aug 7, 2018
  3. How to reserve Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC (but perhaps fomerly domain joined)

My reservation icon for Windows 10 has not appeared. After ensuring i have all outstanding Windows updates, and run the script that runs scheduled tasks, the icon still doesn't appear.

Then there was the hint from
    KB3081048
    :

> The "Get Windows 10" app doesn’t appear in Windows 7 or 8.1

>

> If your device is has been connected to a domain it may be blocked from the upgrade reservation.

It is entirely possible that for 2 or 3 minutes two or three years ago, my machine
    was joined to a domain.

• What registry key is the upgrade advisor mistakenly using to determine if a machine is joined to a domain?
    • How do i check if a machine was previously joined to a domain?
    • How do i unjoin a non-domain joined machine from a domain?
    • How do reserve a copy of Windows 10 for a non-domain joined PC?
    Bonus Chatter: It's a Surface Pro 3

I tried using the
    Media Creation Tool
    , but it fails with a non-descript error:

Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain 549f72f5-5525-4ed5-a711-ffddd0f6a157.png

How do i upgrade to Windows 10 now that it is released?

JackTripper, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain [​IMG]

Brink, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain

1. Windows 10 1803 updates fail after joining domain - Similar Threads - 1803 updates fail

2. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  3. Can't join domain after update to 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't join domain after update to 22H2: I've updated to Windows 11 22H2 through clean installation and now I can't join the domain controller. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-join-domain-after-update-to-22h2/00bc7c89-069a-4970-b8f9-d0b15c4f1788
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  5. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  6. windows 10 updates when it is not domain joined

windows 10 updates when it is not domain joined: Hi,Wondering a way to update a Windows 10 PC when it is not connected to the domain. It should auto update when it is not connected with the domain. The WSUS is not being used to push windows updates for domain joined computers too. If there is a way through WSUS, can...
  7. Joining a Domain

Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.

Windows 10 Feature Updates 1909 to 2004 Fail on Domain Joined Workstations.: I am running a WSUS server on Windows Server 2012 R2. I tried pushing out the 2004 feature update to a few computers in my lab but each one gets the same error - "Feature update to Windows 10 business editions, version 2004, en-us x64 - Error 0x80070057". I have tried...
  9. Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain

Windows 10 loses connectivity after joining domain: Hello all, I'm having an issue joining a new windows 10 workstation to a windows server 2012 dominant domain. All the IP's are static, an entry is manually entered in our DNS, a computer account is in AD. I've successfully joined it, but presumed that GPO's broke it due...
  10. User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.

User profile is not loading after joining to domain in Windows 10 1803.: I have installed windows10 1803 and it was working fine, however once I joined it to domain the domain use was not able to load. This issue is happening in both ways (installing a fresh os or through upgrade)....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. join domain windows 10 1803

2. domain join error gpo windows 10 1803

3. fsmanagerimpl.cpp:142

4. join a local active directory domain windows 1803,
  5. windows 10 join 2008 dmaon afrte update,
  6. windows 10 update 1803 adding machine into domain