Windows 10: Windows 10 4k monitor question

Discus and support Windows 10 4k monitor question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where to post this but i have a question maybe someone can shed some light on. I have the asus pb287Q which is a 4k monitor, and i am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Option, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Option Win User

Windows 10 4k monitor question

Not sure where to post this but i have a question maybe someone can shed some light on. I have the asus pb287Q which is a 4k monitor, and i am using Windows 10 pro currently. I have it scaled to 150% so does this mean my monitor is no longer "4k" resolution? What about when i open google chrome and watch youtube videos does this mean they are no longer 4k resolution? What about gaming also?

Hopefully my questions made sense i tried to research around and see if i could find anything but didn't know how to explain my questions. Any info is appreciated thanks.

:)

Option, Mar 2, 2016
  2. chofack Win User

4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

chofack, Mar 2, 2016
  3. MikeAppx Win User
    4k monitor shows as two monitors - frustrating!

I have a Samsung 4k monitor that takes two HDMI connections to display 4K at 60Hz. Windows detects this as two monitors when it is only one physical monitor. Therefore I get issues when trying to maximize (to half the screen) and snap windows (to a quarter
    of the screen). I did raise a question about this earlier, but was told it would be fine with the final release of Windows 10.

Are there any settings that can control whether Windows will work as if it was connected to a single monitor?

This is probably a combination of NVidia driver and Windows at fault, i.e. NVidia is telling Windows that there's two HDMI connections therefore two monitors. But Windows should be able to act as if they were just a single monitor.

Thanks,

MikeAppx, Mar 2, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

caperjack, Mar 2, 2016
  5. jds63 Win User
    *Ditto Good article, i was just reading it. Here is another How to Manage 4K Display Scaling in Windows 10

I have 2k monitor but have not scaled using the recommended 125%, i do find some software to be a bit blurry but found by right clicking the shortcut and selecting properties on these particular programs and in the Compatibility Tab check Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings it's clearer and sharper but becomes smaller of course.

I then would have to increase text size which in turn affects everything else in windows or try scaling. Otherwise i have selected large icons for the desktop.

I always thought scaling higher would make me loose more of what can fit on a screen compared to 1080p resolution monitor, as 2K & 4K can fit more on screen.
    Example of what i meant.

Windows 10 4k monitor question [​IMG]

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 4k monitor question - Similar Threads - monitor question

2. iP questions for resource monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iP questions for resource monitor: Hello, I was looking through resource monitors network activity and found this IP: https-69-164-42-0.pdk.llnw.net . Is this legit or malicious? Anyone know what it is?...
  3. iP questions for resource monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iP questions for resource monitor: Hello, I was looking through resource monitors network activity and found this IP: https-69-164-42-0.pdk.llnw.net . Is this legit or malicious? Anyone know what it is?...
  4. iP questions for resource monitor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 2nd monitor question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor question...: Hi, tried to make title as descriptive as possible. Bottom line, after setting up LG 34WP65C Monitor on my W11 machine and setting "duplicate displays" my desk top icons, folders etc are all bunched together. The window on display 1 PC is not full and does not fill screen. I...
  6. 2nd monitor question...

2nd monitor question...: Hi, tried to make title as descriptive as possible. Bottom line, after setting up LG 34WP65C Monitor on my W11 machine and setting "duplicate displays" my desk top icons, folders etc are all bunched together. The window on display 1 PC is not full and does not fill screen. I...
  7. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  8. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  9. Question about Monitor Drivers

10. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...