Windows 10: Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory.

Discus and support Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've noticed my memory is sky rocketing up to the 90%s when gaming or idle. I checked my specs and have realized only 6.6gb is usable. I was wondering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aidulE, Apr 23, 2016.

1. aidulE Win User

Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory.

I've noticed my memory is sky rocketing up to the 90%s when gaming or idle. I checked my specs and have realized only 6.6gb is usable. I was wondering if anyone had a fix to this? Thanks.

Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory. [​IMG]

:)

aidulE, Apr 23, 2016
  2. CJLim Win User

N8 - C: SDRAM Memory 256 MB / E: Mass Storage Memory 16 GB

That sounds about right. The available memory is always a little lower than the stated value. Example a 16gb sd card will yield around 14.8gb of usable space.

CJLim, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 incorrect memory

Hi Kulvir,

Your system may display a usable memory (RAM) which is less than the installed memory. This is because the usable memory is a calculated amount of the total physical memory minus the
    Hardware Reserved Memory which is reserved for use by the BIOS and some drivers for other peripherals.

To view the installed memory and the usable memory in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer, right-click This PC, then choose
      Properties.
    • View the Installed memory (RAM) value under System.

For example, if it displays 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable), this means that you have
    15.9 GB of usable memory out of 16.0 GB of installed memory.

Feel free to post back if you have further concerns.

Angela Pun, Apr 23, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Moire info needed.

Make/model of system board/computer.

What does your BIOS show? At first glance it appears you have shared memory, typically this is a laptop setup and if memory allocated to video less available to the system.

RWOne, Apr 23, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Hi aiduIE and welcome to Ten Forums. As RWone said we need more info. For start, take a snapshot of your memory info in Task View. Like this.

AndreTen, Apr 23, 2016
  6. aidulE Win User
    Hi RWOne and AndreTen, thanks for the replies.

My motherbaord is the Gigabyte Z97x - Gaming 7.

Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory. [​IMG]

aidulE, Apr 24, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    This could be because of unsupported memory or misconfiguration.
    Google found this: (it is for Windows 7, but should be the same)

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check your system properties
    (If it says "x.xx usable")
    2. Click on the start button, search "msconfig" and press enter.
    3. Go to the boot tab and click advanced options
    4. UNTICK the "Maximum memory" box
    5. Click ok, on the small dialog box
    6. Click apply and OK in the big dialog box.
    7. Restart and check your system properties.

AndreTen, Apr 24, 2016
  8. aidulE Win User

Thanks a lot AndreTen! I just did the steps and it now says 15.8GB usable. Appreciate it

aidulE, Apr 24, 2016
  9. AndreTen Win User
    Great! Glad I could help. *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory. - Similar Threads - 6gb memory usable

2. How to expand usable memory?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to expand usable memory?: I have asked this question some time ago and I've been wanting a second opinion. My installed RAM is 8gb, it says 5.75gb usable. Im struggling with this, I cant run essential programs at once. My broswer and the antimalware service takes likes 75% already. Background services...
  3. How to expand usable memory?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to expand usable memory?: I have asked this question some time ago and I've been wanting a second opinion. My installed RAM is 8gb, it says 5.75gb usable. Im struggling with this, I cant run essential programs at once. My broswer and the antimalware service takes likes 75% already. Background services...
  4. Low usable memory

Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  5. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low usable memory: While looking into a reoccuring problem with my mother's Outlook client, I took a look at the system data and noticed that for memory it listed 8.00 GB 3.94 usable. This seems very off what it should be, and while I haven't looked at the these settings in years, I'm pretty...
  6. Low usable memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to fix usable memory, 32GB 16GB usable problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix usable memory, 32GB 16GB usable problem.: Why is windows 10 reserving 16GB half of my memory for hardware after upgrading from 16GB of memory to 32GB of memory? When I had only 16GB of memory it did not reserve anything for hardware. I ran SFC and DISM and both came back ok. How can I fix this?...
  8. Memory usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Memory usable: hey I'm new to all this my ram is 4GB but only 2.45GB is usable can anyone pes help I have a HP all in one if that helps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-usable/55e40f4a-cd23-4712-9eb6-21fc34bcaa7c
  9. Installed Memory vs Usable Memory

Installed Memory vs Usable Memory: I am trying to work out why my installed memory and available memory are so far off in difference, 2.7 gig difference. Windows 10 Home Version The virtual memory shows the same difference, 2.23 gb Page file system is 1.25 gb Thank you C...
  10. Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed memory: 8GB (6GB usable) - 2 GB is Hardware Reserved: I have a 64-bit windows 10 desktop with 4GB (2x2GB) of memory that I built about nine years ago. A week ago I purchased more memory (2x2GB) of the same brand/model/specs to bring the total up to 8GB but when I installed it, windows said 8GB is installed but only 4GB is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 memory only 16g usable

2. winsows 10 only sees 6gb not 16gb

3. usable memory windows 10

4. 16 gig ram only 6 usable,
  5. windows 10 7gb usable,
  6. only 5.6gb memory useable 16gb,
  7. can windows 10 home use 16gb of ram?,
  8. windows only sees 6GB out of 16GB of RAM,
  9. only using 7gb out of 16gb ram,
  10. memory 8gb only 6gb used,
  11. 16 gb ram 6 gb useable,